“How very dare they!”

Hacienda Na Xamena
Wales
“How very dare they!”
Reviewed 10 October 2009

Advertised as 5 star; location and views 5 star, service 5 star, BUT room decor and furnishings in serious need of updating! A very expensive stay for what was a 3 star room.

If you're happy to burn a big hole in your pocket, looking for a chilled out holiday in a quiet, beautiful location away from the madding crowd and are prepared to be underwhelmed when you see your room, then this is the place for you.

The hotel restaurant is very expensive and overrated. The Spa has a limited selection of treatments however the 'Cascadas' were fabulous, especially if you time your 45mins session for the sunset.

Recommend you hire a car and get to see this beautiful island. Cale d'Hort is a must and if you fancy a bit of nudism, try Aigues Blancas! The hotel has such potential as a magical destination. Please can the proprietor update the rooms and give the customer value for money.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank Onwhitehorses

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
EU
Reviewed 27 September 2009

not worth the money. the staff are good, multi-lingual,attentive, albeit bored. the location is great - so long as you are happy just sitting about in the hotel. Do not think there is a way down to the cove or hiking in the national park because you cant. Amenities are poor - basic gym, barely any internet wireless unless you venture to a few select spaces outside (have fun trying to find them), not even the basic tv satellite channels. during the last few days we have experienced frequent power cuts, food and drink is very expensive. only stay at this hotel if all you want to do is sit in the hotel sipping overpriced margeritas and not moving away from next to the pool. don't go in it though - unless you like a mouthful of dead insects and other floating detritus.

not a 5 star hotel by any means, but it could be if it could be bothered. shame.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank albertofrogEu
Austin
Reviewed 13 May 2009

If you are an old, boring snob that likes to spend a lot of money to be with others of your ilk in a place that does not have much business, very unfriendly snobby management, and much of the premises closed due to maintenance problems, this may be the place for you. If you are good looking, interesting, lively, and enjoying Ibiza, chances are that they will not even allow you to eat in their restaurant or have a drink at their bar. The sooner they go broke the sooner new management can take over the place and do something with it other than make people feel unwelcome.

Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
10 Thank speakme
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2008

Despite some of the poor reviews on here, I decided to stay at the Hacienda, as my friends had recommended it and the photos looked great. And, I'm glad I did - as I had the most fantastic stay.

The surroundings are flawless - the hotel is simply stunning, with breathtaking views and tranquil settings. The spa itself is lovely, but the staff (strangley all french) seemed quite junior and inexperienced. That said, the cascades (spa pools) are a-m-a-z-i-n-g and I urge you to try these, you will not be disappointed!

Food and drink was lovely and plentiful, BUT seriously overpriced. And you cant help but feel that they have you in a trapped position as there's literally nowhere for miles that you could go to.

Hotel Hacienda is beautiful, fantastic and stunning. I would recommend it to anyone needing to chillax for a few days, or take some time out from life. BUT, think it's only good for a short stay (3/4 days max)

Enjoy your stay - I know I did!

• Stayed August 2008
2 Thank SouthWestBest
Atlanta
Reviewed 1 September 2008

Taken to Ibiza by a special anniversary, my honey and I were looking for the perfect location, and in Hacienda we found it! Already from arrival we felt the special touch of this very exclusive hotel nested in the most astonishing piece of nature - we will never forget the amazing view directly from our bed down the cliffs to the blue sea the first morning we woke up!
The service was great and always present, much better than we had experienced in other 5-star locations in Europe before.
Food was delicious, cuisine with a large variety, reflecting the themes of the individual restaurants. Also remarkable views while dining!
The tranquil and relaxing atmosphere gave us the right condition to chill and enjoy every moment my honey and I spent together, also due to the wide spread chill out areas on the terrases and the large range of spa treatments offered.
Equipment and condition of our suite in connection with the great service reflect the high standard of the hotel and justify the high prices.
If you are looking for a special vacation which will give you a long lasting relaxation you are in the right spot. We loved it and we will come back!

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank groovemaster
UK
Reviewed 15 July 2008

This is not in my habits to write and publish bad comments on the Internet, but this has gone too far not to talk about it !

Don't let them fool you with the nice website : what you see is NOT what you'll get.

My husband and I booked a superior room for a few days in this hotel, for a relaxing working-holiday stay.

They told me they had Internet wi-fi connections in all the rooms, but it NEVER worked in spite of my many complaints at the front desk.
I spoke with other guests who had the same problem in their room too !
They offered me to use the so-called "Business Center" : a 12 sqf room with no view and one single old computer, unbelievable...

Other problem : impossible to use my mobile in the room either, the hotel is so remote that there was no phone reception, they never told me about that !!!

I won't talk about the smelly room (toilets leak), the lack of intimacy, the room-service that takes ages or the view from the terrace, spoiled by a huge building work in progress over the sea... At more than 800€ per night, we really were expecting something else !

We shortened our stay there and moved for a 5 stars hotel in Santa Eularia del Riu.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9 Thank carifost
UK
Reviewed 22 January 2008

We stayed here in early June for a romantic 5 night break on the first leg of a three week honeymoon around the Island. We booked an Eden suite which has its own private plunge pool on a terrace which looks straight across the cliffs and sea. It was beautiful and I still can't stop thinking about it.

I do wonder whether room size and type are worth considering more carefully in this hotel. I had no complaints about ours whatsoever. It was clean, very large, with lovely decor and the views were just amazing. It was very private - although I did think some of the other Eden Suites are quite close to each other so in high season the terraces wouldn't be so secluded. We were on the corner next to the entrance to the Cascadas and only had one other suite to our side, which was perfect.

We very rarely ate lunch in the hotel restaurant and spent most of the time on our terrace - the food and wine from room service was excellent. The only thing that let the hotel down a little is its exposure. We went fairly early on in the summer and a few nights the wind made it too cold to sit outside and some days the terraced restaurant was shut for lunch. If we went back, which i hope we will, we would go for 2 nights, in a top room again but in July or August to guarantee the weather a little more in the evenings.

The communal pools were lovely and it was very quiet and calm. The cascadas was also a fabulous experience but best done when it is a really hot part of the day. The spa was also lovely but perhaps a little too snooty for my liking. The food was good in the evening - although the choice was a little limited if you want to dine there every night. Taxis weren't really a problem but you did feel a little bit too off the beaten track. But compared to other hotels we went to we soon realised the taxi service was pretty good. The overall service was a little scatty at times but very pleasant and welcoming. I am very fussy about hotels and of course, this was my honeymoon, so the pressure was pretty big!!! But I have to say I really didn't see the side that some other reviewers have described and I think for a short stay it is very special.

• Liked — The view
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
Hotel Ole Galeon Ibiza
Hotel Ole Galeon Ibiza
#1 of 9 in Port de Sant Miguel
Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa
Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites ...
#7 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio
Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel
Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel
#5 of 34 in Playa d'en Bossa
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,028 reviews

Been to Hacienda Na Xamena? Share your experiences!