“A wonderful experience to relax fully on Ibiza”
Review of Hacienda Na Xamena

Hacienda Na Xamena
Avenhorn
“A wonderful experience to relax fully on Ibiza”
Reviewed 9 October 2010

From the moment of booking with la hicienda we could have a super service. Car, restaurant, special request everything could be arranged within a day.
When we arrived at the hotel we are welcomed with champagne and a wonderful room. We stayed for one week and we had a perfect combination of relaxing, welness, sunning and close to ibiza town.
I would like to recommend everybody who want to visit Ibiza to stay on te top of the mountain in la hicienda

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kaardoom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Italy
Reviewed 7 October 2010

We passed one great week during last june with our children. The Na Xamena Suite was wonderful with great views from the balcony (jacuzzy pool there).
We had very good dinners at the restaurant with out of the menu choiches asked in advance and a nice service.
The pool area too was nice and clean.
So, not cheap, but in my opinion, in Europe you have to pay a quite a large amount of money if you want this level of location and service.
Really do not agree with the last reviews, I do not find such a bad service and cleaniless.!

We'll be back in the future.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank FabrizioItaly
Reviewed 22 September 2010

Amazingly expensive - absolutely do not stay in this place you will be overly disappointed. You should be very suspicious from the beginning the hotel takes a deposit and makes you sign a contract even before you get there.

It is a huge trap and really the owners need to do some soul searching as they collecting huge amounts of money from unsuspecting visitors and not offering anything of value in return. This is absolutely not a 5 star hotel is a 3 star hotel located on the most amazing views of ibiza.

Their website fail to mention that the hotel is approximately 40 years old and their rooms seem to have last been refurbished in proably in the early 1980's.

Don not be fooled please.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
17 Thank London458
Reviewed 19 September 2010

This place was recommended to us by the bride at a wedding we went to last weekend. The place was once a beautiful hacienda with an amazing view, one you pay very dearly for. At 550 euros/night I was expecting a seriously luxurious room but what we ended up with had nothing to do with what was advertised on the website.

This is what you get:
- No one to greet us at the door or take our bags to the room.
- The room was spacious with a great view but poorly decorated in southeastern style with polyester fabrics
-Plastic jacuzzi and plastic shower tray. This is at 550 euros a night right? I would expect marble bathrooms with modern fittings. The wash basin was also plastic, the same material as the jacuzzi. The floor of the bathroom was dowdy gray cement.
-Fat polyester pillows. I asked for a thin feather one and this couldn't be organised.
- I needed an adapter for my charger, this couldn't be sorted.
-Poorly lighted rooms
-Tired looking and uninspired decoration throughout.
- The masseuse I had at the spa was very mediocre and had smelly feet. Horrendously overpriced and limited services.
- The bar area and restaurant do not look inviting at all. I would never spend the day and relax in this hotel.
- The staff do not speak Spanish even though they work in Ibiza, I felt I was speaking Chinese when I talked to them.
-Slow wireless internet.
- The service was ok. No complaints here

I would have enjoyed my stay if the place was 250 euros a night, but for what we paid we felt very ripped off. I think it is ludicrous that this hotel can charge what it does and get away with it so I felt it was my social duty and responsibility to write them this review. Internet is power to the people.

• Stayed September 2010
6 Thank theluxuriant
london
Reviewed 16 September 2010

When we got there our rooms where not ready but they looked after our things while we got changed into our swimsuits and sat around the pool area sunbathing and drinking really nice coffee. Most hotels serve horrible coffee but their's is fab! The rooms were really lovely. As it was a birthday celebration the hotel had arranged a chilled bottle of Cava in the room so we could all toast my mum happy birthday and she also had a present all wrapped up for her. It was a bottle of perfum you can buy in the gift shop. It was so lovely that we all bought a bottle. So the two gifts was nearly 100 euro, extremly generous. The location of the hotel is away from any shops or bars so dont go if you like a walk into town. This hotel is simply to get away from it all. The staff are wonderful, very friendly and happy to help. The hotel play music all day around the pool which is great, its not too loud and its Cafe del mar. Fabulous with the views. My ownly grip with this hotel is that the beverages are far to expensive. Think we payed 5 euro for just a coffee, non alcholic cocktail is 10 euro. Bottle of Cava is about 39 euro. Also it is very noisy from the wooden floors in the hallways. High heels sound really loud at 3 oclock in the morning and the spanish guest's are very loud so I came back home feeling shattered! Still I cant wait to go back and would not let these things put me off! Go and enjoy your stay and do not let other reviews put you off. My view is that some people just cant have a good time any where they go. One more thing go half board. Breakfeast's are fab, lots of food and the 60 euro allowance for dinner at night is brilliant.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Reviewed 1 September 2010

How do you even start to review a hotel that left us with a completely mixed bag of experiences after our three nights?! I'll keep it simple and to the point:

The Good Points:
Stunning location with truly amazing views.
Secluded, private, quiet and the perfect hideaway.
Big rooms (we had one with a bath in the room, by the window)
Great staff who were super-friendly and helpful.
Excellent food, every meal was fantastic, no complaints there.
Staff went out of their way to make my wife's 40th birthday as memorable as possible.

The Bad Points:
The hotel needs a massive refurbishment in every single area.
Every thing feels old, tired and patched up with minimal expense.

Hotel management needs to seriously sharpen up and improve attention to detail.
Plastic palm trees in the bar area.
Food took ages to arrive in the restaurant and then the wrong dishes turned up?!
Bar staff seemed over-stretched and drinks took ages to arrive.

Summary:
The alarm bells were ringing as soon as we arrived in Reception. Nobody to greet us at the door. Nobody to take our bags. Plastic notices stuck on the walls with Blu-tack, messy behind the reception desk. On arrival in our room we rang and asked for some ice. After one hour I went to the bar and got it myself. Cigarette butts and old hair clips on our terrace, weeds growing on the terrace, a plastic shower cubicle that looked like it was from the local DIY store, no towels since they'd forgotten to leave them etc etc etc.

I must reiterate that the staff were super-friendly and really did their best but whether it's due to a lack of staff, poor management or no training, the customer service levels are simply not good enough.

The whole hotel has the feel of a once-great hotel that had its heyday about 20 years ago and has subsequently slipped into gradual decline. It needs a MASSIVE refurbishment program. If a world-class hotel chain bought it and spent $5m to $10m on returning it to its former glory then it could once again be the gem it once was.

You can't deny that the location and views are world-class and the chefs are excellent but nothing else was up to par. Old and tired like a movie star who has long been forgotten and neglected.

And Finally...
None of this would matter if the prices were in line with the overall experience but we paid 2,500 Eur for three nights (including food and drink). We could have stayed in some of the best hotels in the world for that money. A three star experience for six star prices. I would be giving the hotel a completely different review if we'd paid 200 Eur per night. I'd feel that was fair and correct but we paid over 550 Eur per night.

Go and spend an hour in the cascades pool, watch the sunset on the terrace and enjoy a nice dinner - well worth the effort. BUT think twice before booking to stay. You'll be sorely disappointed.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Shrubber1
Reviewed 17 August 2010

We have stayed in a great many 5 star hotels in Europe and we found that this hotel encompassed everything we wanted, service, food and personal care. Yes, ofcourse there are always odd instances but when they are dealt with immediately and with a smile, does it really matter? Our stay was made even more enjoyable because of a young lady by the name of Anna Henry on Reception who guided us to all the best spots on the island including restaurants, beaches etc. Her help and attention to detail was unparrelled and she made our stay together with the magnificence of this hotel, its views, staff and setting an experience we will never forget and definitely go back. Our congratulations to the Owner, the staff all spoke 3 langugages fluently.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza
Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza
#2 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa
Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa
Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites ...
#8 of 56 in Santa Eulalia del Rio
Hotel Ole Galeon Ibiza
Hotel Ole Galeon Ibiza
#1 of 8 in Port de Sant Miguel
Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel
Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel
#7 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa

Been to Hacienda Na Xamena? Share your experiences!