We stayed at these apartments May 27 to June 3 and had a very enjoyable time. We had just spent a week at the other end of the island close to Ibiza Town and having never been to Puerto San Miguel before, thought we would give it a try. Our apartment was clean and had everything we needed for our stay. We were in room 216c which overlooked the pool near reception and the snack bar. We had heard reports about the noise from Casey's Bar before we came, but can honestly say we did not hear any noise from this room. We appreciate if you were in a room above the bar then this maybe a different story, but the bar owner did make an effort to shut the doors and windows after midnight to cut down the noise. Our kids had a great time, making lots of friends from the off and we did feel the complex was safe for them to do their own thing and leaving us time to relax. However, there were a few issues - the table tennis table as someone has already mentioned kept collapsing. It even collapsed on my sons leg while he was playing, leaving him with a nasty bruise and lump. This should have been fixed. Also the grass areas around the pool had lots of bees in amongst the flowers on the grass and we saw many people get stung - again my son was stung (even with crocs on!). We did speak to management about getting the grass cut, but this was not done while we were there. There were lots of empty plastic cups just left around the pool area during the day which probably didn't help either. It's just a shame that people who were all inclusive couldn't be bothered to pick them up and put them in the bin! As we were not all inclusive we ate out at three of the restaurants in the resort - the tom on the beach, the es port opposite the bus stop and the sol camp. All offered nice food. The bus service is ok. We caught a bus into San Miguel one day, but don't bother as there is not much there apart from a church, pharmacy and couple of restaurants. We wish we had stayed on the bus to Santa Gertrudis which apparently has a bit more to offer. Also we had to hang around in San Miguel to catch the bus back as there's a long gap inbetween. We did walk up to the Pirate Tower along the path to the left of the beach. This is well worth a walk and there is a lovely view at the top. But you may get a little lost as we did as it is not really signposted until you reach the dirt track. There is a nice little beach to walk to as well where you can grab a drink before the walk back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balansat Resort is a holiday resort located next to the Puerto de San Miguel beach, on the northern side of the island of Ibiza.The resort has everything you need for a lovely family holiday by the sea.Accommodation consists of 125 apartments. Also you may find two large common areas with gardens and swimming pools, sunbeds, a children's park, a snack-bar, a buffet show-cooking and more. Come stay with us and enjoy all these amenities with your family and friends! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Priceline, Odigeo, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Balansat Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balansat Apartamentos Hotel Puerto De San Miguel
- Balansat Apartments Sant Miquel De
- Balansat Resort Ibiza/Port De Sant Miguel