We booked the holiday via Co-op Travel/Thompsons as we wanted a week away from the wonderful British weather. We’re both 50, so wanted something a little more relaxing and not too noisy.
On arrival, we were signed-in fairly quickly, but found that when we got to the room, it had not been cleaned. This was sorted fairly quickly while we had a few beers in the bar. There was a motorcycle trade event being held at the complex while we were there, so part of the Balansat ground floor was divided off for the exhibition.
The staff here are friendly and helpful, but as with all groups of holidaymakers from the UK, there are those that insist on speaking slowly and loud to the Spanish staff, putting an “O” on the end of every other word. These were the people that had the problems with the staff, we certainly did not!
As for the complex, the two swimming pools are adequate, but the larger pool in the Torremar is the warmer one. The pool in Balansat is shaded, especially later in the year, but I would imagine this is a bonus when it’s really hot mid-season? The rooms were cleaned three times in the week we were there.
The beach is fairly small, but as it’s facing North-West, the breeze can be a little cold later in the year. The nearby fish restaurant is a good place to eat, but a bit on the expensive side. Bearing in mind it is meant to be the No2 restaurant on the island, then I suppose it was worth the visit? Locals proved this when it was filled to capacity on the Sunday lunchtime!
The trips on offer are via the motor train that calls a few times a week as well as other organised tours. Entertainment on site was adequate. Bingo most evenings for those that like it.
As for food, there is a great bar about 100 metres up the road that has a good selection of reasonably priced meals. The Chinese restaurant nearby was said to be a bit “hit or miss”. Across the road is a British oriented bar, but who wants to go abroad and eat burgers and chips?
Friendly staff, reasonable prices.
Nearest cash machine is a couple of miles away.
Jellyfish in the sea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balansat Resort is a holiday resort located next to the Puerto de San Miguel beach, on the northern side of the island of Ibiza.The resort has everything you need for a lovely family holiday by the sea.Accommodation consists of 125 apartments. Also you may find two large common areas with gardens and swimming pools, sunbeds, a children's park, a snack-bar, a buffet show-cooking and more. Come stay with us and enjoy all these amenities with your family and friends! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, LoveHolidays, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Balansat Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balansat Apartamentos Hotel Puerto De San Miguel
- Balansat Apartments Sant Miquel De
- Balansat Resort Ibiza/Port De Sant Miguel