Hotel Club Cartago
Club San Miguel(Port de Sant Miguel)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$131
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
San Miguel Park & Esmeralda Mar Apartments(Port de Sant Miguel)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$77
  • Pool
Hotel Ole Galeon Ibiza(Port de Sant Miguel)(Great Value!)
US$168
  • Beachfront
San Miguel Hotel(Port de Sant Miguel)
Hacienda Na Xamena, Ibiza(Port de Sant Miguel)
TripAdvisor
Agroturism Sa Vinya den Palerm(Sant Miquel De Balansat)
TripAdvisor
Club Vista Bahia(Portinatx)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewstapas barchinese restaurantwestern barfishplenty of choicenext yearhead waitermain restaurantevening entertainmentice creamthree stargorgeous beachbar staffsmall pool areaburgerbars and restaurantssea view
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Went to this hotel last year and we are going back in 13 days......can't wait.

Rooms are basic but clean, restaurant is lovely and really really clean and the food is brilliant. There are so many choices if you are a fussy eater like me, you are bound to find something you'll like.

There are 3 swimming pools which is brilliant as one is a kids pool and the other pools aren't filled with little ones.

We read so many reviews last year trying to find somewhere, with so many reviews contradicting each other you don't know who's view to go with. Well I can definitely say if you want somewhere to relax that is clean, friendly in a lovely location then this is it. I can highly recommed this hotel. It caters for all ages, kids clubs, adult activities, family activities or if you just want to sit and chill you can!

Roll on 28th June we can't wait!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank silvers8
Reviewed 18 May 2011

I booked and paid for a cheap 9 days with my wife and daughter, somewhere secluded but beautiful, not too expensive either. I saw the three star rating and wasn't expecting much boy was I surprised! Food has been amazing lots of healthy choices aswell as non stop western saloon for fast food, zorro the entertainer is worth the money alone as well as Santa Claus, Jose the bar manager and all the entertainment team and acts. This holiday really is all inclusive with even mountain biking an kayaking also. We have hired a car and travelled around the island without satnav as it's very easy and would recommend a car as we have had to chase the sun on two days. Sant eluaria is the best beach so far. Can't thank everyone enough for the variety and excellence. Two days left here may it continue.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Global-guarding
Reviewed 1 August 2009

This was our third stay in the Hotel Cartago and i think it was actually even better than the last 2 years! The rooms in both the hotel and the beach club have been redecorated and updated so they're now very fresh and clean, and now have the addition of flat screen TVs (the hotel is also hoping to remodel the bathrooms over the winter aswell).
I've read a few reviews claiming that the restaurants have little choice or are bland, which simply isn't the case! the main hotel resturant has theme nights (fish night, kebab night etc), there's fast food in the western saloon, a mexican corner, and chinese resturant and a Tapas bar. Also the beach club resturant is fantastic for lunch as its lovely and cool and looks out over the pool and beach.
The day time activites are non stop from 11am, with everything from darts to waterpolo. And the evening activities are fantastic, particularly the hotels own evenings fun by zorro - especially the infamous boogie nights, which you can't miss!
As good as this hotel is, it would be nothing without the people there, the staff are all brilliant - the western saloon, the cocktail lounge and the animation team are lovely and keep everyone coming back year after year.
I've been back for about 8 hours and i'm currently on the thomson website booking again for next year!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Lunabelle13
Reviewed 15 July 2009

I had read some reviews beforehand so was a little apprehensive but all I can say was how wrong they were. It is a great hotel, very family orientated so probably not the place to go if you don't like children.

Booked it through Portland direct and it is known as San Miguel Hotel and shares facilities with San Miguel Beach Club.

Our room had a King Size bed, 2 single beds and a full size (excellent quality) Cot. At first it looked a little squashed but Once I had juggled to beds around we had enough room. The mattresses were new and really comfortable. Could have done with more pillows as only 1 per bed and I'm sure if I'd asked as reception I would have got more. There is a proper air conditioning unit in each room which is a god send as it was very warm. One night it started rattling and then didn't blow out very cool - we told reception and it was fixed immediately. The bathroom is fine: toliet, sink and bath with reasonably good shower. The balcony was plenty big enough and not over looked because the hotel is tiered.

There is a main restaurant in each of the 3 hotels (Galeon, Cartago and beach club) plus a mexican in Galeon serving lunch - very good and they will make plain cheese tortilla's if you ask. The chinese in Cartago you have to book 24hr0s before and we went twice - it was really good. There is a tapa tapa restaurant in Cartago which is open 6-9pm but we never managed to go -it would have been nice to have been. There is "fast food" served from Western Saloon by the pool and this is fine. The main restaurant is air conditioned so a welcome break at lunch time. There are loads of Highchairs. The food is absolutely fine. Buffet service with a salad bar, soup, breads, 6-7 main courses plus speciality. The childrens section is a low down counter so the kids can serve themselves. There are always yoghurts and fromage frais in the kids section. Puddings are fine and ice cream can be had at every meal including breakfast!

There are 2 bars by the pool and the one in the beach club has a variety of ice lollies which are available all day. The western saloon also has popcorn and an ice cream machine on free vend.

The staff all speak very good English and have a great sense of humour. They also appreciate a little spanish in return e.g Oh-la and Gracias. Jose in the western saloon is great and all bar staff are always very pleasant.

Sun beds - there are loads, you have to set them out yourselves and parasols are limited. People do get up early to get their sunbeds. I would suggest buying your own parasol as there aren't enough but there are plenty of shady areas if you need them.

The pool is free form at the beach club with a frog slide which is great. The pool at Cartago and Galeon are oblong.

The thomson entertainment team are excellent, they work really hard. Loopy Lee is very funny - like Alan Carr. The kids club is great and you pre-book the night before. The Hotel entertainment team (ollie, zorro, Eva and Robbie) all work really hard . Both teams work really closely together are are brilliant. It is the best entertainment I have ever had at a hotel. Their Boogie Nights is fantastic with an excellent finale.

The resort is quiet which is what we like, there are a few other hotels and about 3 shops. The beach is brilliant and loads of fish which jump if you feed them bread. The beach is used by locals at the weekend.
This was an excellent holiday and enjoyed by all (2yr old and 5yr old)

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Sapphire2663
Reviewed 18 June 2009

Just before setting off our Travel Agents called and advised we will not be staying in Galeon Hotel which we booked originally but in Cartago. The Ola Holidays confirmed we will have the rooms with the sea view and all other aspects of holidays will remain unchanged. When we arrived in the hotel we were advised that the rooms with the sea view are not available which we were very unsatisfied with as this was one of the main reasons why we decided to book this specific hotel.
The rooms were kept tidy but the terrace was full of rubish.
The area itself very lovely and if you are looking for some qiuet holidays that would be a choice of yours.
The guys at the Cartago hotel bar (the one next to the pool) were very polite and chatty thou were not speaking English a lot. Nice drinks and service.
Food very basic and very English orientated. Not that I have something against English cuisine but if you are going for holidays you are after some change and the usual egg/beans and sausage were not satisfying for me.
On Saturday- 3 days before we were leaving The Galeon Hotel was opened so we spent the time at the swimming pool there. Much better views and no children screaming and running all over the place.
The Mexican corner-lovely-enjoyed it a lot-small portions but you can ask for any amount you want.
The Western Corner-downstairs-next to the beach- chips acceptable ...the rest disguisting (but this is a mattre of taste)
Chinese Restauran- Small choice but good quality-you need to book it one day in advance
Overall -we had a good time. For the price we paid I would not axpect anything more than that. 3 star hotel- not more than that

WARNING:

I rented scooters for one day. The guy took our card details in the case any accident or damage. Brought the scooters back the same day -were confirmed that all was ok with both scooters. Paid 30 E in advance. All nice and smooth. (we thought).When we requested the bank details back was told to come back the next day as could not find them.Got back the next day , all nice. The guy confirmed all ok-no damage. Came back home. Checked the account last night and the guy took £150 from my account without my authority. The bank is now claiming the money back . When called him yesterday he advised that the scooter was broken- which was NOT the case. The scooter was riding without any problems and we made over 100km over the whole Island. Just to add- the paymnet was taken from my account 8 days after we gave the scooters back. We have not seen any receipt for any repair. The guy had our all details including the name of the hotel which we were staying in.Nobody tried to contact us.BE CAREFULL as I am sure this was not the first time he did that . Probably if didnt check the account yesterday would have not realize what happened for a couple of weeks or maybe never realized that this happened.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple