We stayed for 4 nights and can relate to the mixed reviews of this hotel. Based on Lonely Planet recommendations, we expected more. Generally speaking, the hotel has a great starting point and potential. It is a pity that management does not act on it, because it could have been much better. The way Greece economy is, we are not in position to judge. Re-reading everything, I can reflect on other comments:
1. Location is great just between best beach in town and the town center.
2. View from the balcony (Room 6) is amazing. Overlooking the beach and to the horizon, still some afternoon shade from the cypress tree.
3. When the air is moving, there is a gentle breeze from the sea and A/C is not required.
4. Breakfast on the terrace overlooking the beach is great way to start the day.
5. Price is attractive. I think that we paid 35 euro for a room for two, breakfast included.
1. You read it in other reviews: not too clean, rooms are not up to standard and small, management is nice (good English) but not up to the task/diligent.
2. Once the breeze died down for (2 days) the lack of A/C was a big issue.
3. Mosquito, not too many but one hungry mosquito can inflict a lot of damage. Probably due to the thick vegetation around the hotel.
Bottom line, you be the judge.
4. Rooms need an upgrade and better cleaned.
- Also Known As:
- Pythagoras Hotel Samos/Samos Town, Greece