“Another fantastic week at Zorbas”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Skiathos Town
Zorbas In Town Family Studios
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Skiathos Town
London, United Kingdom
“Another fantastic week at Zorbas”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was our fifth visit to Zorbas and we will return. The Zorbas family are welcoming, accommodating and genuinely lovely people. We love it here and can't recommend it enough. If you want relaxation in a lovely environment with everything you need onsite then Zorbas is the place for you. You can do as little or as much as you like. The pool bar serves great snacks and drinks so you don't have to go anywhere if you don't want to. That said, Skiathos is a wonderful island with great beaches and restaurants. Dmitri, Nikos or Aggelos will happily recommend places to go and will even book you a good table for dinner in the restaurant of your choice.
The family recently upgraded all the rooms to include air-conditioning and flat screen TV's, although we never used either, sorry Nikos, your pool and the island are too beautiful to stay indoors!
Brilliant holiday, thank you Zorbas family.

Room Tip: Try the snacks served at the pool bar, Dmitri makes fantastic club sandwiches and strapotsada (scram...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank SueLeece

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Greek first
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Just returned from a very last minute Thomson deal. As my husband was working and older two children at school, I booked a week off work and took just my four year old son, which I anticipated would be a chalenge but I had one of the best weeks ever...and for SUCH a low price!

Firstly, overall Thomson were amazing, I did have a preconceived idea that as we were 'cheap' last minute bookers, that we would receive a second rate service, but every member of Thomson staff we interacted with was friendly and professional, in partcular Georgia, the rep associated with the Zorbas.

The hill is daunting, especially in the heat, but soon got easier to climb; plus the luggage is taken seperately from the airport so you do not need to carry it up the hill. The zorbas would benefit from some direction signs at the bottom of the road as it could be easy to get lost when you first arrive. We arrived at the complex and as another family were being shown their room, there was no other members of staff about so we had NO idea where to go! We wandered around and found the LOVELY GORGEOUS cleaning lady who was more help than the brother's who ran the complex! The room wasn't ready which was a bit of a let down as all I wanted to do was put some cooler clothes on and rest, but to make up for it, we were given a free drink each and my son jumped into the pool in his swimming pants!
The room was bigger than expected, basic but everything you need for a week's holiday is in there! Hob, kettle, toasted sandwich maker, fridge, bathroom, TV with sky and wardrobes/sofa/beds etc. We had an appartment overlooking the pool on the ground floor and the views to the sea were incredible so they must be even more amazing from the higher appartments. I liked the poolside appartment location as was close to pool for ease, but the music was quite loud some nights so had to keep door shut once the child was asleep, but were given free airconditioning (not sure if their mistake or whether it is supposed to be free now, but that was a bonus)!
Bottom of hill is another pool bar some tavernas, the number 16 bus stop and the world's most expensive supermarket!!
The bus cost 1.60 euros to go to most places and the island was amazing. The beach is just passed the bus stop and was my favourite beach on the island, nice and sandy, lovely little shop and plenty of sunbeds, and never too busy; unlike the popular banana beach which although stunning, the effort getting there and the crowds of people made it not worthwhile.
I regret not hiring a car or a quad bike whilst on the island. My husband made me promise not to drive over there as knows how the Greeks drive quickly and dangerously (and they do!), but my four year old constantly pestered me to hire a "super cool" quad bike, and I wish I did as we were restricted to the bus and walking so only saw a small percent of the beautiful island. Plus that would have solved the dilema of the hill.

...anyhow, I digress as you're reading this review for the accomodation!

The family were very welcomming, they made a fuss of my son and were very friendly. There was no Greek night when we were there which was a bit disapointing as I'd read in the reviews how great they are, but the brother's and their families were welcomming and extremely laid back.
If you're planning on visiting Skiathos, I would recommend this as a great place to stay, you will love the laid back Greek life and the sunshine. Free Wi-fi. I miss it already! Hope this helps & if you go, enjoy....

Room Tip: The higher rooms will have the best view, but longest walk/climb up the hill - hire a car to get rou...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank moshi2013
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We have had the most fabulous 2 weeks at the Zorbas! The family who run it are the nicest people we have ever met. They built the complex themselves and it is a true labour of love. Dimitri took my husband sea fishing which was the highlight of his holiday, it was a great honour to be asked. We stayed in a Studio right by the pool. Room was clean & just what we expected. There is a hill but it was a pleasure to walk for the most amazing views. Dimitri cooks the best chips we have EVER tasted ! and the club sandwich is huge! Not a lot on the menu but what is done is lovely. We will be booking to go next year because we loved everything about it.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank tanya G
Thetford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We booked this holiday late through Thomson/tui but didn't expect to get a second rate room.
Zorbas itself is clean and well run, the apartments are set up quite a steep hill so not suitable for the unfit.
It is a beautiful setting with lovely views over the valley and bay, the brothers who own and run the apartments are friendly and helpful however.........................
Our room didn't have a balcony, just a small area outside the studio doors adjacent to the corridor to the other studios, and stairs leading to the families accommodation, so absolutely no privacy and therefore unusable. The room was dark and cold - we had to have the light on whenever we were in no matter how bright the sunshine outside. We also had to ask for basic items like cups and glasses to drink from so felt that the room hadn't been prepared prior to our stay.
I feel that this room should not be used and this is why I have posted this review. When I booked it stated 'hurry only one room left' if you see this DO NOT BOOK!!
Otherwise I would say it is a pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank caroline2256
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We have just spent a wonderful week at Zorbas Family House, the whole family made us feel so welcome, everywhere was spotless, beautiful pool and views. We enjoyed lovely lunches cooked by Dimitri and Nicko while Angelos looked after us in at the bar in the evening his musical knowledge is amazing. We cannot wait to visit again next year. Thank you so much.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Louise A
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Zorbas has great views, a short but steep approach from main road that would challenge the less able.
Enjoyed our stay, felt very welcome . Guests & staff where very friendly.
Down sides:
Pool bar open until early hours of morning, until last man stands. This did dissapoint, as effected a good nights sleep.
No hot water in morning!
Would return as well run, apart from comments above. In high season pool bar could be an issue.
Have been to many appartments in Greece so feel my review is fair.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank matt c
holmfirth, west yorks
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Spent two weeks at Zorbas apartments, Sept 3rd - 17th. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and spotless , the bed linen and towels changed regularly. The bar and pool area were kept spotless by Nikos and his brothers, the food and weekly BBQ was tasty and good value for money, The home made Moussaka was delicious. All the family were friendly and welcoming, nothing was too much trouble .We will hopefully return in the near future, even the steep hill wouldn't put us off it was well worth the climb and the exercise did us good. Thanks for a wonderful holiday, with wonderful views. Sara, Ian and Dave.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
#1 of 12 in Koukounaries
Hotel Australia
Hotel Australia
#5 of 13 in Skiathos Town

Been to Zorbas In Town Family Studios? Share your experiences!