“one of my favourites!”

Ranked #17 of 144 Restaurants in Skiathos Town
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: In the past eight years, the Chef Petros Pikoylas, has turned the place into an Art Restaurant of unique ambiance. Its Mediterranean cuisine is renowned for its creative "touch" in Greek flavors, herbs, aromas and magnificently worked sauces. Fresh products like fish, meat and vegetables, in the hands of the Chef are transformed into wonderful and delicious plates. Shrimps a la chef, fish fillet with crayfish sauce, lamb chops with pesto sauce, beef steak stuffed artichokes and spinach salad, are some of the famous plates of the menu.The friendly and quality service, the dignified wine list as well as the specially good house wine, accompanied with jazz and easy listening music, the traditional narrows, and the honorable relation between price and product, contribute to make you enjoy a unique dinner experience in Skiathos.
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I just love this place! it's a bit out of the way- behind the church and past the Solouki Grill- but it is worth looking out for. The boys who wait at the tables are lovely and so is the food. We have been going for a few years now and always have a great meal there. The starter of grilled mixed vegetables has so much flavour as do the garlic mushrooms. Our particular favourite main course is the mixed grill for 2 - served with an excellent house red. Only slight downside is the occasional appearance of cats- which I dislike anyway!! Definitely give this place a try, especially if you are dining as a couple.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Love 1901. It really is a bit special. Food is very good and a bit more romantic than some of the other restaurants. One of the places that we always return to. I had the pasta with truffle oil and my husband had the moussaka.
I remembered why I enjoyed it so much on my previous visits. Recommend it.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Read good reviews on food so visited late on in our holiday,the food was o.k,but was put off with all the cats around your feet .Tip to all...sit inside

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Went here on our last night, brilliant atmosphere, lovely and cosy we were inside as the weather wasn't the best. As with the last reviewer we had a fantastic meal, one of us also had the muscles and the rest tomato soup, we then also had the lamb special and one of us a chicken fillet. All of the food was fine as was the red and the white wine we had. The service was fine and the waiter friendly, we had a great night.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We came here on the 3rd October, around the same time as the last couple of reviewers went, but had a very different experience to them.

Our meal was FANTASTIC - one of the best meals I've had out in a while!

I had the Mussels to start and it was amazing - in this beautiful sauce. My partner had the tomato soup which was also excellent - really chunky.

We both then opted for something from the specials. I had lamb in a lemon and white wine sauce and my partner had pork in a Roquefort and Ginger sauce. Both of them were cooked to perfection.

If I go back to Skiathos, I would definitely come back here!