“Turn left and it'll be right”
Review of Taverna Folia

Taverna Folia
Ranked #21 of 146 Restaurants in Skiathos Town
Price range: US$10 - US$17
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Delicious unhurried lunch of calamari, spanakopita and Greek salad with ice-cold retsina sitting in the shade of a tree, whilst watching the world go wandering by. My vision of perfection; and delivered with a smile and very reasonable price by the family who own and run this place. A turning just off the main drag in Skiathos town but worth seeking out, and frequented by local people as well as us tourists.

1  Thank Trouserpress

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Having read the excellent general reviews and liking the sound of back street and traditional my wife and I chose to look for this taverna.Not easy to find,due to location and the fact it was in the middle of a thunder and lightening storm,however it was certainly well worth the effort.Got looked after from the minute we got there to the moment we left,excellent service with fantastic home made Greek cuisine to match in a great place to people watch.Without hesitation would recommend people to try here,we will be back with visiting friends next week.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were looking for another restaurant we had visited 3 yr ago but couldn't find it. Desperate to sit and eat we called at Taverna Folio, a lovely little courtyard on the lane itself. The food was delicious I had a huge piece of Mediterranean cod in red wine sauce with roasted peppers and it was the best thing I had eaten, hubs had kleftico which he judges a test of a good restaurant. While not the best it was very good, as always in Greece the portions were huge and we couldn't finish the greek salad we had with the meal. Staff were friendly and the restaurant was busy though early in season. Do give this place a try

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Went to Folia after reading reviews and was very disappointed. Lovely setting in courtyard apart from being surrounded by cats. I had beef stifado and my wife had the special beef in spinach leaves. The stifado was like molten lava probably to long in the micro wave my wife had finished her meal before mine cooled down. Her meal was very fatty piece of meat and an overdose of spinach. Service very slow from clearing our table to getting the bill over 20 mins

1  Thank burf97
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This down one of the Streets near the bar area and they can not do enough for you and the food is fantastic and great value they are very friendly people from the waiter and the lady's there and one was a good singer when me and my wife where there and advised her to get on the X factor which made her laugh the chef was a very friendly and came outside to greet you and make sure he said good bye can must go.