“Top Quality Grill!!!”

Grill House Koziakas
Ranked #12 of 131 Restaurants in Skiathos Town
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Top Quality Grill!!!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Amazing spit roasted meat - returned three times despite all the choice in Skiathos town. It's classed as 'street food' but it is anything but!!!
Lamb shank is the best I have ever tasted!

Visited June 2014

• Serbian first
London, United Kingdom
“Greek Meat Fest”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We walked past this place a few times. The waiters there are always friendly. I told one that we would be back the next night. When we returned he recognised me and shook my hand. We had the mixed platter which he said would be plenty for us. This is not on the menu. it is 20 euros for 2 and includes chips and veg. The platter was huge and we didn't quite finish it all. I think the lamb was the best. My partner loved the Greek sausages as we haven't had those before. The wine here is cheap. We had 1/2 litre of Rose for 4.50 euros which was nice. They gave us free desserts of chocolate mousse. Fab place with great food and atmosphere.

1 Thank Cheungster
manchester
“Delicious food and fun atmosphere”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The ultimate grill - simple food in a relaxed setting. The mixed grill for two is great, a platter of lamb, Greek sausage, chicken, crispy pork served with a fresh salad and bread - the setting is simple with no frills but the food is delicious and the staff are extremely friendly. A lovely discovery whilst mooching round the charming cobbled streets behind the old port.

• Visited May 2014
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Good value haven for meat eaters”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We went here for our last night having predominantly eaten local fish - we had spotted several tavernas with meat cooking on spits and this one had the best tripadvisor reviews. I think it's my fault that we chose our meat unwisely - I have a horror of over-ordering and wanted also to eat locally and ethically so thought the lamb shank would be the best choice. In retrospect, I have to say that I do know that this cooks best slowly in some braising fluid so I blame the local wine for my suspect judgement. Everything else looked lovely and if returning, I would choose something with lots of fat on it so that it doesn't dry out when being turned on the spit. So that was the not-too-brilliant bit but my fault really. The staff were patient while we spent ages choosing what to eat with the meat. They seemed fine with going off the menu so we asked for some extra oven potatoes and salad to go with what came with the one portion of meat. We had some local red wine with it - pleasant. The tables are strewn along the narrow street - so not masses to look at other than doing food envy with other tables and watching the meat turning. Don't be put off if you love lots of meat - not really my thing and as I said, I choose unwisely. 'My bad' as my son would say. Oh, and an unlikely thing - this was the only place we ate where each table had it's own sea salt and pepper mills with oils available too. I liked this a lot!

Ashford
“A meat lovers dream”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Thought we would try this place out after walking past and seeing all the different meats cooking on spits.We went off menu (something they are happy for you to do) and picked a selection of different meats to form a mixed meat for two meal.We had chicken,pork and lamb which came with chips and was huge.The meats were gorgeous and really feeled us up.The service was quick and we were made to feel very welcome.After finishing our free deserts I asked for the bill and was surprised at how low it was.This made a real change from the quite rich food we had been eating throughout the week and we will defiantly be returning before our holiday is over.