“It's official(well in our world anyway)”

Dolphin Diving Centre
Ranked #9 of 22 Tours in Skiathos Town
Reviewed 28 August 2012

...........that Manthos, Ray and Scuba(the dog) at Dolphin Diving are the greatest of friends and best of SCUBA destinations in Skiathos. We have just returned from two weeks and six brilliant, safe dives with Manthos and Ray. I cannot recommend highly enough trying a dive (whether novice or experienced) in the beautiful locations they choose. We also had the good fortune to meet a family who have a teenage daughter who loves to dive as much as ours does. Manthos takes pride in the number of people who meet through his business and leave as friends,and rightly so( take note Mr Facebook, a real business and real friends!). This thoroughly characterizes Dolphin Diving the business. Come as customers, leave as friends. Next time come as friends ( but just be sure to contribute 45 euros for the biscuit!) and when you dive with Manthos this will all make sense!

1  Thank Earnie69
There are newer reviews for Dolphin Diving Centre

Reviewed 7 July 2012

Me and my husband have just returned from a holiday in Skiathos and tried our first dive at The Dolphin Diving Centre. It was the highlight of the holiday.

The instructor Manthos is everything you would want in an instructor- welcoming, reassuring, knowledgeable and very safety concious, as well as having a sense of humour. He is clearly passionate about diving and has been diving for more than 30 years. I can't imagine a better and more experienced instructor than him.

As first time divers we were slightly nervous about the dive but Manthos put us completely at ease. My husband was particularly apprehensive about diving as he can not swim very well but Manthos reassured us that he would be holding us in the water at all times and would take good care of us. Which he did.

We had a wonderful day on the boat with a group of other divers and Manthos' dog. We sunned ourselves on deck while he took a group of more experienced divers out and then we went on our dive which was a truly magical experience. We saw lots of fish, coral, sponges etc and it just opened our eyes up to a whole new underwater world.

We will definitely be diving again when we return to Skiathos next year and we will definitely go back to the Dolphin Diving Centre.We wouldn't dive with anybody else.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

We dived at Dolphin Diving Centre in June 2011. I did the open water bit of my open water diver course there and really enjoyed myself. Manthos, the owner, is great and so is Scuba the dog who comes out on the dive boat from time to time! Relaxed but well organised, good equipment, and flexible - great for divers of any ability (I had never dived in the open water before, my boyfriend had dived over 350 times!) Also good if you dive but the rest of the family doesn't - Manthos will take you out with the group and make sure you have a buddy and a good dive! We're definitely going back - would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

I've been going to Skiathos for a number of year now and wouldn't dream of going without diving. The Dolphin Diving School run by the exceptional Manthos Fanaras is THE place to go. Manthos is a great instructor, he makes you feel immediately welcome and above all very safe. He knows what he is doing and is great fun too. The centre provides good quality equipment, the dive boat is great and easily accessible. Dive sites vary in location but are all diverse and enjoyable with lots to see when your down there too. I would encourage anyone, whether they are an experienced diver or have never even tried it to make a point of visiting the Dolphin Diving centre. Thanks Manthos! See you soon!

2  Thank MikeandSandy2010
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I dived with Manthos in June 2011 and was so impressed with care and instruction that I booked a return holiday to the beautiful island of Skiathos, just so the rest of my family could dive with him too.
The dive school is set handily at bus stop 12 on a beautiful beach with taverna and facilities nearby. Boat dives are arranged to suit the level of the diver. I am an inexperienced qualified diver and so appreciated Manthos's supervision.