“Safe yet exciting: the perfect combination”

Dolphin Diving Centre
Ranked #8 of 22 Tours in Skiathos Town
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We did a great deal of research about dive centers on Skiathos Island, and Manthos & Dolphin Diving are the only real, multi-agency accredited dive school and center on Skiathos. Manthos has been operating for over 25 years, and his knowledge of over 17 dive sites around this tiny 7-mile island reflects that commitment and passion. He assesses every diver's skill based on your logged dives and confidence, not just your achieved card level: for example, we know for a fact that if one requests an Advanced Open Water course having logged fewer than 20 dives, Manthos will refuse you! He took us two eager-yet-rusty divers and gave us an excellent Refresher and subsequent dives, seeking out eel, octopus, big grouper, and special coral to show us all that diving can offer. After a couple of frightening "cattle-boat" dives in the Caribbean, I wasn't sure that diving was worth the effort; two days with Manthos changed my mind! We dived with someone who has logged over 2000 dives, including 2 weeks' worth every year for over 16 years *with Manthos alone* (that is, in addition to dives elsewhere in the world), and after just two casual holiday dives this trip, we fully know why. Efcharisto, Manthos & Dolphin Diving!

2  Thank Mov1ngMaven

Reviewed 19 September 2013

My father in law is always full of praise for this close-knit friendly school and so I took his advise and did a "try dive" this September. Mathos the owner is obviously extremely passionate and is a very friendly guy - at only 55 euros it was an absolute bargain. Three of us were complete beginners and all thoroughly enjoyed it (the biscuits were good too ;)

Highly recommended

1  Thank Chimp B
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Second year with Manthos and Ray. I thank you both for your professionalism and going above and beyond your job to make sure that my daughter and I had the BEST time possible.
I've dived in various countries and can honestly say that this diving centre hits the spot!
The briefings were clear and concise and you knew exactly what to expect on your dive.
The area is great for different levels of divers and generally always finished the dives with a depth of no more than
5 metres, which was ideal for safety stops.
We had 5 dives each this year and each one was memorable, especially the night dive which was extraordinary with so much to see.
It feels like we're visiting old friends! The team at Dolphin is just special - but you'll have to go there and find out for yourself!
All the best to Manthos,Anneke,Boys,Ray and Scuba the Jack Russell.
See you next year!! :)

Alistair & Emily

1  Thank AllyCoop
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Once again Manthos has made our holiday complete... Manthos adds that edge of adventure that Skiathos would lack if you didn't do a dive... We did a night dive this Holiday and what a fantastic experience.. even saw an octopus hunt!!! ..

Manthos supplied the lights and good and well serviced they were.. I cannot recommend Manthos enough if you are thinking of dipping your 'toe in the water' for the first time as a try dive or if you are a seasoned pro... Every dive safe, happy and friendly...

Roll on next year.... a wreck dive awaits I hope ... Manthos hope you recognise the photos..

here's to Anneke, Scuba and your family

Paul and Emilia xx

Reviewed 2 September 2013

For 2 weeks every year for the last 5 years, i've dived with Manthos and Ray.
After around 40 dives, I've probably now covered all their dive sites (of which there are many), but i'm still not tired of diving there.
Manthos is an excellent instructor, and will allow experienced divers to use their own initiative as you would expect.
Regards learners and try divers, he is an excellent teacher and mentor.
I've already booked by holiday for next year.
Will i be diving with Manthos and Ray again.

Try and stop me.