“Best diving instructor in Skiathos”

Dolphin Diving Centre
Ranked #8 of 22 Tours in Skiathos Town
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I took my Padi OWD Course with Dolphin Diving Centre. I was lucky to find Manthos for my instructor. He is natural born teacher. Very calm, relaxed but at the same time clear, precise, accurate when teaching. He always asked if I had something unclear. Show a lot of useful tricks. He knows the sea around Skiathos as they were his pockets. He had a very nice diving boat, the only one on the island. I could n´t be more saticefied. Hope I get a chance to go back to dive with Mathias.

All reviews
"next year"
in 9 reviews
"every summer"

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We cannot praise Manthos and Dolphin Diving Center enough; a truly memorable week doing the PADI Open Water course. Mathos is an incredibly experienced and knowledgeable instructor. We loved going out on his boat each day, with his dog Scuba! We would definitely recommend Mathos to anyone looking to dive in Skiathos. We hope to dive with him again in the future on future trips to this wonderful island.

1  Thank Seb198632
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Both my daughters have learnt deep sea diving from Manthos Falaras and my eldest completed her Padi junior certificate when she was 12. My youngest was desperate to follow in her sister's flipper steps , but with an ear problem, that made it very difficult and potentially dangerous. Manthos was so patient and careful and Lucy is also fanatic about diving , knowing exactly how to gauge herself and her ear problem. My daughters love the experience and every year look forward to diving with Manthos again.
Manthos is fun and responsible and that is why people ( experienced divers as well as novices return , year after year, to dive with him.

1  Thank SusanvanBlanken
Reviewed 8 June 2014

As my son Oscar has now turned eight, I was hoping to get him into scuba diving( been waiting 8 years for this... ), knowing that kids can start the PADI Bubblemaker course at this age. So, with some persuasion I managed to haul him to Nostos, where he met Matthew or Manthos, who took a long look at young Oscar and agreed to take him out. Bubblemaker courses are normally done in pools, but Oscar got the real deal, and ventured out on the diveboat to a small island, where we moored up, for Oscar to do a 2m dive around the whole island. He really liked Manthos, and as first impressions tend to last, he had a great time. So here it is, Manthos, I think you have created another little scuba diver! Oscar is now going to visit our local dive centre to do the PADI Seal Team courses! Success!

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I have just completed 8 dives with Manthos at the Dolphin Diving Centre on Nostos beach.

Only a 2 minute walk from bus stop 12, Manthos brings his 25 years experience to bear in showing you the most interesting and varied sights of the 'other' Skiathos.

Manthos insists on great briefings, good safety checks and pays attention to divers' experience - as expected (although not to be found at every dive centre!)

Later in the season there will be a few more fish and a few more degrees C, but
diving here was a genuine pleasure.

Would come again and would recommend to diving friends or beginners alike.

1  Thank David R