“I will go somewhere else next time...” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 21 Tours in Skiathos Town
Athens, Greece
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“I will go somewhere else next time...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Not a good dive shop.

The good...

Nice location, ok dive hut, ok access to the boat, nice boat, ok washing, ok rentals.

The bad...

Terrible in organizing the dive. We went for the noon dive. We were there at 1200. By the time everyone was sorted, we got on the boat at 1250. We got to the dive location, 2bubbles, 1school, 3OWD, 2AWD. Due to lack of divemasters, we had to wait until everyone finished. One group went after the other finished.

We did a 40min dive. We were there at 1200 and got back at 1615. We were not even offered a bottle of water...

Terrible...

2 Thank a189400

• Greek first
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Look no further in Skiathos - Dive here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I chose to dive with Dolphin based on other reviews and I was not disappointed. I began my experience with a very warm welcome from Manthos and next day I returned with my kit which he looked after and dried out for me after the dives. Manthos clearly keeps an eye on his customers to be sure of their skill level which made it much better when we buddied up on dives, as if we had air left, Manthos or his DM would make sure we knew exactly where the boat was moored and then let those of us who were qualified and experienced to continue diving until we reached the air limits to surface. None of the "one up all up" approach here that often limits your valuable dive time. Even after 10 years of diving, I still learned a couple of tips for equipment care from Manthos, which were offered politely and with no criticism. I took my own kit out of preference but the hire kit is well maintained, the boat is equally well turned out and easy to dive from and the briefings for inexperienced divers were some of the best I have ever witnessed. Chose with confidence. Dive sites are nice and varied with plenty of life. I only wish I could have got my lazy bum out of bed more often to take up the chance of some extra dives in the morning! Oh - and BTW the dog Scuba is great too!

2 Thank naughtytoad
Helsinki, Finland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Two great dives in Skiathos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had 3 years break from receiving our PADI certificate and I was thinking it will be challenging, however Manthos made the dive for me and my husband an increadible and easy experience. Thank you, we'll be back!
Gabriela and Tuomo, Finland

2 Thank Gabriela_Roi
Glastonbury, United Kingdom
“fabulous first diving experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

All four of us - mum, dad, daughter 18 and son 12 had a fab first ever dive with Manthos. He's a great instructor with a friendly calm manner and good sense of humour. Even the more nervous of our group felt completely at ease and look forward to repeating the experience. We highly recommend The Dolphin Diving Center Skiathos.

Stockholm, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Once again top quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Went to Manthos in July this year. Send him an email before and asked if he could take care of us one day at our vacation. We, a family of four with limited diving experience visited Dolphin Divning Center the first time two years ago. This time the expectations were high. Should we have the same super nice trip. Yes we had. Manthos and his limited crew is super. Highly recommended for people who like to try real scuba diving in real enviroment. High professional level and clean well prepared equipment. Give it a try. Call Manthos if you wanna have a nice diving experience.

2 Thank Spjuke