“bad service”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 4 March 2014

bad service, not fresh salads and their pastitsio, hmm not so ....fresh
I am sorry allthough is located in a very nice greek spot in the center of the chora of skiathos

Reviewed 17 September 2013

My husband and I visited this taverna twice last year and made it our first stop this year. We weren't disappointed.
We arrived quite late due (around 11pm) but this was not a problem for the lovely owners; they made us feel very welcome and relaxed.
We had a meze of dishes... a Greek salad, tzatziki, shrimp saganaki and calamari... all washed down with house white. It's true that the food is quite basic but it's good cooked, rustic Greek food served in a lovely side street with a wonderful ambience.
The place was still busy at that time and we were just left to our own devises to enjoy our food at a steady pace so it was a lovely first night on the island.
All for great value with a great ambience.
We love Mesogia and we will return next time we're in Skiathos.

1  Thank lisasuperstar
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Well, we are a Greek couple visiting the island for the second time, we were recommended to dine here cause the food is great and it is a traditional Greek restaurant and that we would enjoy it. I have to admit that the only thing I liked was the Greek salad and the atmosphere.. all the others was a huge disappointment. The food, completely tasteless, that is what we call in Greece a restaurant meant for tourists. Why? Because they have never tasted those Greek plates before and do not know if they are good or not...for them it is something new something exotic. For us it is something ordinary.. I didn't expect those plates to be so average.. But the worst thing about this restaurant was in the end when I asked for the check, and there was no ckeck!! Only a paper indicating the amount we had to pay.. when I asked for the receipt the waiter told me that their machine has been broken, out of the blue, and that we should wait for the technician to fix it..my girlfriend insisted on waiting but it was obvious that there was not going to be any technician..lol for that.. after half hour waiting we left...totally disappointed not only for the quality of food but also for this behavior..never visit this restaurant again..

1  Thank Antonis D
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We visited Mesogia Taverna on a previous visit to Skiathos some 4 years ago and were so impressed then with the level of service and quality of food offered,we decided to try and find it again on this recent visit.Very pleased to find that Pandalis
and Susan still run the Taverna with all the warmth and quality they are known for.The welcome was warm and friendly and we were treated like friends,the food is good quality and plentiful.The House wine is very palatable and is served in an old fashioned way adding to the charm of the whole dining experience.We were not rushed despite the Taverna being very busy and the Cheese and Spinach Pies which were left over at the end were very obligingly placed in a foil food container for us to take away and enjoy later.No hesitation at all in reccomending a visit to Mesogia,(if you can find it?)

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Good traditional food in the heart of the Skiathos streets. Great owners too. Always made us welcome and lovely to have little red tin jugs of wine and old fashioned glasses and chairs