“My Friend, Theo”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“My Friend, Theo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

I already posted a review about Octopus Diving Center in Skiathos, but it didn't make it to the audience. I don't know why, but I have a wild guess: "They" know that Theo is my friend. Who are "they"? I don't know and I don't care. But this second review will be even more laudative than the unpublished first one.
Theo is the man I met four years ago and took me and my wife deep down, underwater. Down there he taught us about surviving while diving and having fun while diving. It was a fantastic experience. We became Open Water Divers, after graduating under Theo's thorough eye. We came in Skiathos again and again, to dive with him.
That is how we became friends. His reassuring presence is what makes you feel safe even at 20 meters of depth. That safe, that you' become addicted to diving together with Theo.
Thanks, Theo!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Mugur A

Esslingen am Neckar, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Two great dives with Theo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

Did two dives on 6th and 8th September with Theo from Octopus Diving in Skiathos just recently and had a great time on both.
I will echo some of the the other comments in that all the dive preparation and briefings were clear and detailed. These are done aboard a small dive boat both in the harbour and again out at the dive site.
Theo is r very nice approachable guide who went through my log book and certificates thoroughly to gauge dive site suitability and skill level. My partner who doesn't dive noticed how he watched carefully how I put my dive kit together to ensure it way done properly.

Fortunately I was buddied with a rescue diver so we could go out to a wall near the Lighthouse Island near Skopelos. After last checks we all did strides off the back of the boat and Theo took a diver buoy out to warn the small boats above about our presence below.
That dive was superb with amazing visibility to 25m if not more..we went down steadily with Theo keeping an eye on us both at regular intervals and pointing out morays, octopus gruppa and more...There was a shimmering thermocline at 20m and there was a little bit of a kick back in the currents that day but nothing too demanding.
Made a steady accent back to a safety stop at 5m back at the marker buoy and boat above.
Theo helped us both with BCD and weights and Tank removal from the boat whilst we remained in the water before getting back on board for a nice cruise back to port.

For information I took my own dive kit (bar Tank 12ltr 200bar and weights (4kg)) I was in a shortie as water was around 26 degrees at surface going down to 18 under the thermocline.

Did second dive a couple of days later which was equally good and longer...
All in all excellent guide and relaxed stress free dive with some of the best visibilty I have encountered
..Thanks Theo for a great couple of dives ...Cant wait until next time

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Tony S
Vienna, Austria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome experience with Theo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

As a rookie I couldn't image what it was like to descend with a tank on my back. But thanks to Theo and his Octopus Diving Center a dream came true. In his careful, confident and charming way to instruct, Theo made those five days of OWD unforgettable for me. The experience in techniques, equipment and individual way of teaching people makes Theo a very professional and responsible instructor - the best one I can imagine! ;) - Thank you, Theo, for your time and our trips with the boat! I will miss it - till next summer!

3 Thank 2013_alexander_
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent Diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Whilst on holiday in Skiathos the last couple of weeks, I had a couple of dives with Theo - the first in 8 years!
Yes i know 8 years is a long time between dives, but then i only dive in warm waters when on holiday - says something about my working life....
With Theo the whole process was relaxed, confident and as he even put it like "falling off a log" or "riding a bike" - you never forget how to.
I only wish I had been out there longer to get more dives in :-)

2 Thank NCEngland
Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Safe and fun pair of hands!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

On a recent trip to Skiathos I treated myself to a dive with Theofanis of Octopus Diving. He came recommended to me by Ben the Skipper of Cinderella 3 and I was not disappointed. It has to be the most stress free dive I have ever done and I put that entirely down to Theofanis calm confident expertise. What goes on before the dive affects the dive, I believe, and this was true of this experience. It was a small group (6) on the boat including Theo and four diving includng Theo. We had a thorough brief before we set off on the boat and Theofanis diligently checked my qualifications and gained an understanding of what was important to me. It was a stress free kitting up process and entry following another briefing. I buddied with Theofanis and he pointed out lots of marine life to us that we may not have seen. He is a highly competent diver and I felt totally safe in his company. I had a coughing fit pretty early on in the descent and he managed me very well thoroughly checking that I was not in difficulty and talked to me about it when we came out. What was particularly good was that he took pictures of me underwater and emailed them to me at no cost. If you want diving in Skiathos Theofanis and Octopus is definitely the one to go with. I was sad that my spending money didn't stretch to a lot more diving that week. I will be going again though. Thank you Theofanis!

1 Thank Faye1961