When we booked this holiday we were very anxious as there had been no reviews since 2011 and they were all bad ! We decided to take a chance and was driven by minibus into what seemed the middle of nowhere to a very quiet location, with a golf course and nature reserve next to the hotel We stayed at this hotel between the 9th - 20th June. As we arrived at reception we were greeted by miguel who took our cases and offered a refreshment. Our room wasnt ready so we were encouraged to go and have a look around the complex and have lunch. We couldnt believe our luck we thought we had landed in paradise, everything was brand new and to a very high standard. We were allocated our room and I am usually really fussy but when we opened the door to our apartment, we were speechless, it was amazing. It was a two bedroom apartment with two bathrooms, a huge lounge, large television and our own private balcony, everything was perfect, we couldnt believe our luck ! During our stay of 11 nights we could not fault a thing, there were teething troubles but the hotel had only been open for 4 days and throughout our stay we watched it improve every day to a very high standard. The two staff in the sports bar, Antonio and Marista were extremely helpful and polite and worked very hard, but made us feel very welcome every time we visited. The beach is quite far but with ten different swimming pools around the complex you are never short of sunbeds, so it was a pleasure to relax around the pools. After finding the local open top bus we were able to take the bus to the marina, alberfeira and the beach on a two day ticket so was able to explore without costly taxi's. In time we are sure this hotel will gain a five star rating, but while we stayed there the hotel treated every guest as if they are a five star establishment already.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Salgados Palm Village Apartments & Suites, at Herdade dos Salgados, is perfect for families with children. With 10 outdoor swimming pools scattered throughout the extensive palm trees gardens, 4 of which exclusively for our youngest guests, be sure to work on your tan or savour cocktail in the pool bar, while the kids play in and out of the water. If you are a beach person, then a short walk on the wooden pathway is enough to cover the distance to the sea. By night time, after dinner at one of our restaurants, relax in the wide balcony of room. All this in the ideal resort for a family vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Odigeo, Lastminute and HotelQuickly so you can book your Salgados Palm Village Apartments & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cs Palm Village Hotel Guia
- Salgados Palm Village Apartments & Suites Algarve, Portugal - Guia