“just ok...”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2012

i'd been here in 2004 and decided to go back to check it out again on my 2012 trip... food just could have been better - steak wasn't cooked properly - i asked for medium, and there was still a very cold/blue centre to the steak - though the sauce was nice. My girlfriend had a salad which was just OK. it wasn't cheap, and the atmosphere was definitely lacking...

Reviewed 2 October 2012

Went to this restaurant to celebrate my birthday and wish I hadn't bothered as it ruined my night! We were the only diners there so you would have thought they would be glad of our custom but not so - the waiter looked at us like we were from another planet! Anyway, my husband and I both ordered steak - I asked for mine medium - it came out completely rare and I just could not stomach it. The waiter noticed that I was not happy with it and swiftly came and swiped the plate away without saying a word, leaving me to apologise for wanting to send it back!! Five minutes later, the steak came back, this time medium but tasting like it had been microwaved, with the same chips still on the plate (now freezing cold). Needless to say, I picked at my meal and could not get out quick enough. Talk about feeling uncomfortable! I will never be back - awful.

Reviewed 29 September 2012

The starter, which also a cover charge based on what you ate was super. Lovely sardine pate, freshly made mayo,, mixed olives, bread, butter. Piri piri chicken and swordfish mains very tasty.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

I had pork steak with apple sauce and it was fairly bland. The apple sauce was watery & tasteless. My other half had pork kebab & it was just ok. The service was fine until more local people came in & then we were virtually ignored. Wouldn't go back there again.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

We've been regularly eating here for the past 10 years. It's a simple restaurant that delivers excellent food and great value.

The couvert is one of the best around - the homemade dips are excellent

We always order vegetable soup, chicken piri-piri, salad and fries. Simple food that tastes delicions and is great value for money.

No holiday in Portugal would be complete without a visit to Alfredo's