Sleepy, peaceful and tranquil surroundings a delightful place to visit.
It is surrounded by orange, lime and olive groves and is ideally set in a very quiet area.
We were warmly greeted by the friendly Greek owner who gave us a brief overview of the property.
The condition of the Villa is very Greek, mfi style kitchen, odd finishing touches, wet rooms, broken fish tank, speakers with no connections, windows right above toilet (so bruised head), but all quite minor points.
• Shaded area used for the BBQ also useful for shading little ones
• Excellent maid service
• Comfortable beds
• Local mini market 10min walk, supermarket 3 min drive
• Good air con
• Gated drive
• Warm pool safe for children
• Disney TV channel
• 8 Walkable good local restaurants best ones are near the beach and one across the main road and down the side street but you may have to book.
• Local bendy bus into Chania every 30mins and takes about 45mins
• China old town highly recommended
• Beaches favourites:
Kissimoss free sunbeds at tavernas 20min drive
Flasarna amazing beach 40mins far right end of beach best Yuros wrap Enpla cafe far right end of beach.
Elafonisi easy drive 50 mins stunning waters very shallow great for kids
• No Wi-Fi (we are very IT savvy but even next to the router we had no signal)
• No welcome pack of basic provisions (until the linen came for the cot which consisted of red wine olive oil and water).
• No local visitor information pack
• No safe deposit box
• No large pool net to clear early morning bugs( we left our kids one at the villa )
• Pool is cleaned randomly automatic pump sometime works
• Yellow painted band around pool becomes slippery when wet
• Fantastic / stunning Balos beach be warned 8km driving on brittle unsurfaced rocks followed by a 25min walk
As a family our overall view was that two weeks was not enough and we would have to come back again.