“Excellent place and food!!!”
Review of Taverna Galini

Taverna Galini
Ranked #6 of 45 Restaurants in Vasilikos
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We used to visit Galini almost every weekend, as my friend and I were working in a hotel nearby. We really loved that place and the food was excellent......that fried cheese pie is awesome!!! Thank you Galini so much! You have been all there very friendly and nice! We will come back!!! :D

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Galini serves good, wholesome traditional Greek food in a lovely restaurant with great view. Especially the fish is great; ask about what is good at the moment.
The owner is very friendly and has a good hand with children. As we were to leave we were offered a small drink with a whisky (apple juice) for our son.
The playground makes it an ideal place for parents who want a clam meal while the little one run around.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

This was our second visit to Vasilikos and we just had to return to Galini. The place is gorgeous and the food spectacular. If you want to read more about the restaurant itself, read my review of it from last year. This time I'll just write about the food & drink.

We drank house wine, served in lovely local copper carafes and it was great.

The lovely waittress who belongs to the family who runs the place recommended an amazing baked feta cheese starter which is in her name. I'm sorry but I can't recall it anymore. It was just delicious. We also ordered the cheese pie as we knew from the year before that it was the best pie we had had on the island. For mains my girl only had a Greek salad and I had the lamb kleftiko again. It's a lamb steak on the bone seasoned and wrapped in foil and baked in a slow oven. It was soooooooooo juicy, so tasty, so heavenly...

Service was great, setting amazing and the meal fantastic. One of my favourite places in the world and I will always go back there.

Tip: Talk to the waittress and ask her to recommend dishes. The menu is vast, if you order the wrong thing, it's your fault.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

It's two years we visited Galini. This time we were 7 people arriving to Galini. A very friendly 'team' said wellcome and we were service with efficiency by a young dark knowable 'lady' explained the very extensive menu to us. We decided to go for starters which we split among us. As usually we had tzatsiki and bread and wine from the house. Some had Mythos beer. We were served fruit on the house for dessert as well as some sangria. During the more than 20 years we have visited Vasilikos Galini has been a great place to eat and we think it has even improved during the recent years.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We have been going to Vassilikos for over ten years now and have always eaten at Galini's Taverna. I can honestly say it has not been the best taverna in vassilikos but over the past three to four years it has improved greatly and now we go at least every other evening to eat there when we are on holiday for two weeks either in June/July and September.
The food is brilliant though a little to much choice on the menu. Zena is the taverna she is freindly helpful and funny. It is a family owned and run business and though the men in the family's english is limited Zena's is perfect along with the fact she speaks several more languages.
We would strongly recommend this tarvena regardless of age as it has fantastic play areas for the children along with many rescued animals. (which do smell a bit but don't let this put you off)