“Hotel Arion Renaissance is incredible!!!”
Review of Arion Resort

Arion Resort
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Vasilikos
Plovdiv, Bulgaria
“Hotel Arion Renaissance is incredible!!!”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Hotel Arion Renaissance is incredible! It is in 2 minutes from the beach, which is wide, with fine sand, clean and not very deep sea. The rooms are clean, large and cozy with very nice balconies. The food is delicious and diverse. The service staff is really good, fast, responsive and smiling people. They really want to make your holiday on the island an unforgettable. I will be back there again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Vania S
spyros m, Διευθυντής at Arion Resort, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
I was delighted to read your wonderful review of our hotel. I am pleased your found the room comfortable as we have recently replaced them. Thank you for your kind comments about the food.I have passed on your comments to the chefs. . We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Best regards Spyros

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This was our 7th year at the Arion, and once again it was a truely wonderful experience. Spyros and his family never fail to make us welcome. The hotel is situated in a prime position, just 5 mins from the fabulous beaches and 5 mins from the village center and its Tavernas. The area is very quiet and relaxing and affords you the true Greek Experience, as does the Arion Hotel. The Hotel has a wonderful swimming pool and public areas, very nice dining room and well stocked bar.
This is a family run hotel and Spyros is always striving to make improvements and make his guests truly comfortable, and very much succeeds. If you want noise, music and a lively time time go to Laganas, if you want to sample a authentic piece of Greece, with a warm welcome, try the Arion, we did and will be returning in 2014 for the 8th time.
Well done Spyros and all his family and staff, especially 'ELIAS' the famous hotel receptionist who was an excellent addition to the staff this year and hope to meet again next year

Room Tip: Upgrade to a premium room, it's worth it
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SallyandPhil
Vienna, Wien, Austria
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We staid for two weeks and were a bit unhappy in the beginning but we got accustomed and really enjoyed our holiday in the end.

Cons: The room was very small for three. There totally was not enough horizontal storing space, the only table being on the balcony. The double bed was only lady size. The sheets were either too large or too small. The springy mattress often disturbed our sleep. The little fridge is inside the wardrobe and totally heats it up. The bathroom is a joke. To relax on the toilet you had to do contortions. I could not bend over in the shower. There are not enough hooks to dry towels - everyone uses the balcony railings. Twice we had almost no water pressure. Safe, WiFi and air condition were extras, so we did without them. Breakfast and dinner were mostly not greek, often extremely greasy or just lovelessly prepared. The coffee tasted like soap. There were no fresh fruits but water melons and no real fruit juice.

Pros: Spyros and his staff are very friendly and always eager to help. The chef really understands to cook delicious, spicy vegetable dishes - and beef stew. The wonderful tomatoes, cheese, great bread and local olive oil saved us the rest of the time. The pool is always nice for a short dip. A big hibiscus shielded us from the patio, giving us a bit of privacy on our ground level balcony. The village is very quiet, but we liked that. The sandy beach is very close and absolutely perfect. We even had usable internet there! WiFi is free in all the bars and the famous Coffee House, so we went there often to check our mails. Ano Vasilikos is a small, sleepy village and makes for a perfect, relaxing family holiday.

Dear Spyros, thank you for your hospitality! Please take my friendly suggestions into account: Free WiFi for all would efectively cost you nothing, but your guests would sure have some extra drinks at the bar. And please let your cook do more local food. It seems he does not like international ciusine.

Room Tip: Never eat pizza or noodles in greece. For party go to Laganas. Rent a car and explore the adventurou...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lucdesign
spyros m, Owner at Arion Resort, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear Jasqueline
I was surprised with your finally impression about our place . We respect all the guests opinion but in this review was something that in your country and your job called ( GELBE SEITEN).

a) which kind of food you think that is Greek ?
You Know that in 14days you have taste the Greek cuisine from all over the places (from Thessaloniki to Greta and from Lesbos to Zakynthos island ).
Did you take part to our Events with BBQ outside to the pool and dancers ?
Did you take part to the food events that we make once a week for a cuisine around the world because we have 120 guests form all over the world ( and not only from one country )that they want in their dinner menu to enjoy and to taste different plates and not only steak to Grill that mostly give to the taverns around the hotel.

b) which place is famous ?
Pub & cafes with free internet in the middle of the street with noise and no air space .
Places that the give cocktail with 2euro to be attractive to guests ...( I am really sorry but I respect my guests and I will never give no name drinks) .

c) Arion Renaissance have internet with charge and internet without charge ,depends of the room type you have booked and you use it everywhere in our area - in the room , at the reception ,inside the pool and is high speed. Is it really the same with the free wifi places in the middle of nowhere .

Before to close I wanted to remind you that this place renovated every year .Is the only place in vassilikos that the last 11 years worked very successful and we still continue with quality products.
Food Products like olive oil and wine that my family produce and room facilities products .
And you know why ? Because we are LOCALS ...and this place is our life

Tips . Don't forget ...You will always have the choice !! and I like when you call me, together with 2000 guest every year with my small name .
I am always yours Spyros
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We had been to Vassilikos previously so we thought we knew the area. What we hadn't appreciated is how big Vassilikos is. Previously, we had stayed in the Porta Roma area, this is a good 1-2 hour walk from Arion Renaissance.
The area itself is fine, typically greek. Not very pretty, but the beaches are very good. A good 5-6 good restaurants within 10 mins walk. Our favourites were Skartsofoli, which you turn left onto the 'main' road and it is set back on the right and Taverna Tzobanni (aka Giovanni's). This is closer to the hotel, on the same lane. There is also a very good bar/cafe as you turn right onto the main road, about 200 yards on the right hand side. It's called Cafe Molinar (I think).
The hotel itself was ok. The pool area is very pleasant and there were plenty of sunbeds available. It's in a good spot and we had no trouble with noise, I expect this is due to it being towards the end of the season. The rooms were good, the bathroom has a great shower and enclosed cubicle, which is rare for Greece. There is also a handy small fridge in the room.
There are things which we didn't like about the hotel; there is a charge of 3 Euros per hour for Wifi. This seems a bit excessive, but I understand that the hotel needs as much revenue as it can make. You can get free wifi at Cafe Molinar down the road. There is also a 2 Euro per day charge for a safety deposit box, which is in your room. I have never been charged for this service before, certainly not when it's located in your room.
However, the biggest disappointment was the breakfast. We booked on a B&B basis and regretted it. In fact, we only bothered with it twice for our 7 day stay, choosing instead to pay to eat elsewhere. The tea & coffee were dreadful. The fruit juice was diluted cordial and there was cheap cheese and ham. It's such a shame as our experience with the breakfast put us off wanting to have an evening meal in the hotel.
On a positive note, the staff were excellent. Always friendly and offering advice. Nothing was too much trouble and they their English was very good.
Overall, we enjoyed the area and hotel and would recommend it to people wanting a quite relaxing holiday.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Vizovice, Czech Republic
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I was on Zakynthos with my mother. Our accommodation in hotel Arion Renaissance was flawless, everything was perfect and the staff is very friendly and also really hard-working for comfort and satisfaction of theirs guests ;)
I think, that this hotel is at very good location, because it is only short distance from one of the nicest beaches on the island-Banana beach. Also the food is delicious-for breakfast and for dinner is large variety of dishes. Rooms are clean and comfortable for me. We are very satisfied with this hotel and our vacation on Zakynthos at all. We would like to recommend it to others.

Room Tip: I think it's the same at every rooms-airconditioning, balcony, tv.The hotel is in a quiet place...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Aneta V
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I enjoyed my stay during August 2012.

Ample room space.
Good air conditioning and sound proof doors and winodws.
Clean.
Friendly staff.
The breakfast was ok.
The location was convenient for our likes considering we drived only few minutes to our favourite beach bars (you could walk to close beaches though)
The view was nothing special.
The TV was small but you could watch on the lobby.
Parking was a bit of a problem.

It was an excellent value for money choice.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Greece
Reviewed 16 August 2012

This hotel could be much better. If I was the owner I would do the following:

1. Decrease the height of the trees in the pool area...these trees have been overgrown and as a result there are several rooms without any view...I really don't see the logic behind.
2. Change of matresses.
3.FOOD IMPROVEMENT....QUALITY IS AWFUL...LITERALLY. Greece is popular for the quality of food, and this hotel really decreminates it... Some respect to the guests and especially kids...
4. Rennovation is needed in the bathrooms.

Spyros you are a young business man with future and you should know that guests are looking for good standards especially in two things: clean rooms and good food. Simplify the menu you offer if you can't afford sth better, and have simple foods with good quality. Prepare 2 plates every day but be certain that they are good, and taste them. Good olive oil, fresh vegitables, good meat and fish. I know that you understand what I mean...

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank stavento
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vasilikos
The Bay Hotel & Suites
#17 of 18 in Vasilikos
Matilda Hotel
Matilda Hotel
#14 of 18 in Vasilikos

Been to Arion Resort? Share your experiences!