“Far out the best apartment since years”

Luxury Villa Fotini
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Far out the best apartment since years”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We had booked for 4 nights, but already the 2nd day we booked 2 more nights and another 2 nights at the end of our holiday. The rooms are good, cleaned every day, well equiped, nice balcony, lovely garden with beautiful olive trees and a nice swimming pool. Wifi at the terrace. Good bar and supermarket across the street. We really loved it here. You may think I'm the owner writing this, but we are just a Dutch couple that had a great time at Limenas and Villa Fotini.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank GerardChalla

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Asenovgrad, Bulgaria
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Last week my family and friends were on the island of Thassos. We had a reservation for Villa Fotini http://www.studiosfotini.gr . We translated 30% of the amount in advance, the rest had to pay on the spot.
The Villa looked good. The garden is beautiful. The pool is not large, but for 1-2 families is OK. Every morning at 7 am watered garden, and was quite noisy
Put us in a ground room. :( The rooms were not large but were clean. We sat and naturally decided to pay the remaining amount.
The owner told us to wait, but took the passports of one per from a room.
Daily searching for the opportunity to pay, but anyway there was no problem for them and there was not a good time. We decided that doing so here.
Yes, but all the days our passports were seized upon them and returned them to us by the end of the holiday.
Penultimate day finally managed to pay tribute, as a stipulation.
Was a little strange, but leave it behind against the rest ....

In their site says that there Wi Fi at the hotel. Actually this is not true 100%. There are separate areas around the pool. The rooms are not in the side of the yard will not. It was disappointing because it was one of the reasons to choose this villa - the presence of Wi Fi
The pool closed in 8 pm and do not allow to stand around it in order to use the wi fi after this time.It was disappointing.

Every day came a woman who cleaned the room. Sometimes forget to discard trash, but we did it then.
2-3 days it was in OK.
Then friends said they saw the RAT in the garden, which has made a hollow in the olive garden.
We were very surprised how it is possible.
Was possible, the next day I saw you somehow pass the mouse over the garden pool. It was probably one of the children of the Rat. Because later we saw 2-3 small rats playing this garden.
Family in another room shoot them. sorry I did not ask to see photos of them.
How can a hotel be a RAT?? When the owner said she did not impress much. Allegedly put poison the next day, but Noooo, rats, and sent us when transporting luggage in the car to return home.

The owners were not very polite, we can say that almost no contact with them. A "Hi" was everything you say. But this isn`t problem.

2 hours after we left from villa, the daughter of the owners contacted us by phone to ask us where is the kettle in the room. I could not understand what asked, using a word unknown to me. Finally, explain that the missing part of the utensils that are in the studio. "Something which boil water" - kettle, pot, pot. I have no idea ibility is missing from our room because we did not touch her utensils. Carry and use your.
It seemed very strange. I was worried lest I take something to her when I'd take his dishes.
I checked that thing in my luggage. Carry a separate bag with me the necessary utensils. Of course everything was fine. Things were mine. My dishes, my pot, my pan. There were no foreign objects.
Several days later we received mail from them that we lack the room for bed linen and ashtrays.
God, these people must be crazy. Else comes to mind.
How can anyone think it would take to steal whatever was of a small hotel.
When we left Isha give them the keys to the rooms. They told us to leave the doors. I'm sorry why do not personally delivered them. I have no idea what they are missing before we put up, but I did not take away.
I am very disappointed with your vacation in this place. I do not know how can I file a complaint, but I knew if I did it.
Not only that his hotel had RATS, but we drove our thieves.
I would definitely go back there again. In the capital of Thassos, and the island itself there are numerous other villas, which I hope will not offend the rat and his guests, calling them thieves.
My estimate is 1 in 10, only because the beautiful garden ... if there were no rats would be more, but I do not like these animals ... now I understand why in the yard every day was 1-2 street cats may smell food.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank anny_bo
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2009

What can you say about the Fotini, (Nothing but good)
swimming very clean, pool bar exellent, the gardens small but
lovely, Rooms, Yes they are small, but you only need them for sleeping and showering in (very clean) the owners and their family were exellent, we always had a laugh and joke with them,
Our holiday at the Fotini was one of the best (if not) the best that we have had in all the nine years that we have been to thassos.
Yes we would certainly visit the Fotini again.
Sadly now you have to book independantly since Kosmar
went bust, perhaps next year they will be back in the holiday brochures (lets hope so) it would be nice to see Voula & family again.

• Liked — The owners were exellent
  • Disliked — there was nothing to dislike
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
4 Thank oldie61
Diss Norfolk
Reviewed 7 September 2008

Just back from a great holiday based at the Fotini in Thassos Town, Thassos has re-inforced our theory that the more awkward the journey the more authenically Greek the experience.

Great Tavernas in town - our favorites Pigies and Muses, good food for about 50 euros for 4, starters, 4 mains, litre of wine, beer for teenagers!!

Visit Panagia, Limeraria, Golden Beach and if you like boat trips take the Eros II for swimming and sights. Walk up to the ampitheatre and arround the agora for a bit of culture. Don't forget to enjoy the hospitality of the Fotini, relax under the natural shade of the olive trees and enjoy the home grown produce from Panos's garden.

Rooms are the cleanest and best we have stayed in, a most relaxing holiday with great company.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank DavidFid
Northumberland
Reviewed 9 August 2008

Back from Thassos and the Fotini Studios just over a month, so time now for my short but sweet review.
This was our first visit to here and have to say that it was one of the nicest places we have stayed in our years of going to the Greek Islands. The accommodation was beautifully presented, in lovely grounds, a really nice pool area and a standard of cleanliness second to none.
The studios, only 10 of them, are 4 on the ground floor, 6 on the first, with the family living on the second floor. Ground floor studios are larger than the first floor but the balcony upstairs is large and more than compensates. Also who wants to spend time in your accommodation.If you do you'll find that there's a Mossie screen, shutters and double glazed patio doors.
Now where have you stayed in Greece that provides such high quality and triple protection against all the elements. I've never found one yet.
Local charges for safe deposit was 15 euros for 2 weeks and air con 6 euros a day. Not expensive and the air con was an absolute must since the temperature was never much lower than about 35 degrees with 40+ on several days. Certainly as hot a June as I can remember......Perhaps there is something in this Global Warming.
Anyway to continue.....there's a great Supermarket right across the road and you're not stuck for all the essentials you'll need to buy.
The studios are about a15 minute walk from the Town Centre where you'll find a load of very reasonably priced restaurants and tavernas. Typically 2starters,2 mains, bread, water and a half litre of house wine came in at about 25 euros. Dessert was thrown in free!!! As ever you could pay more or less as the fancy takes you or your appetite allows!!
In conclusion I have to comment on your hosts.........They are a lovely family who make you most welcome and do everything they can to enhance your holiday. Should you go..... say hello to Fay from us. She's the daughter, a qualified school teacher, a real sweetie, who speaks great English and couldn't be more helpful.
Would I recommend Thassos and the Fotini Studios in particular.............. absolutely!!!!!!!

• Liked — Great accommodation and location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank twins1985
Durham
Reviewed 3 June 2008

Just got back from staying in the Fotini Studios in Thassos. Not many reviews so thought I would add mine. The studios are spotlessly clean and the pool area is really lovely. The family are really nice and helpful. They are only 10 mins walk from the centre of Thassos. The only downside of these studios is the size of the room we had. Not sure if all the rooms are this size but the room we were in was tiny, you could hardly move. The bathroom was also tiny with no curtain or glass so the whole bathroom got soaked when you had a shower which was ok for a week but I don't think I could have done 2 weeks there. Thassos is a lovely greek island and we would definitely go back.

• Liked — Close to town centre and very clean
  • Disliked — Size of room
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
Huddersfield
Reviewed 16 October 2007

After reading good reviews of these apartments I suppose I expected somewhere really clean and comfortable. The main problem I had with these apartments was the cleanliness issue. They did not empty the toilet bin for 3 days boths in week 1 and week 2 which I thought was disgusting. The bathroom is tiny too. It was very hot whilst we were there and the staff could not be bothered to put the umbrellas up around the pool so you just couldn't possibly sit there. It was 20 minutes walk to the beach along a busy road. The bin men also woke me up early every morning emptying the bins outside the hotel and there was the noise also of motorbikes. Personally I would think twice about booking into these apartments.

• Disliked — Lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank HuddersfieldGreece
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thassos Town (Limenas)
Hotel Pegasus
Hotel Pegasus
#4 of 17 in Thassos Town (Limenas)
Hotel Kipos
Hotel Kipos
#11 of 17 in Thassos Town (Limenas)
Ilio Mare Beach Hotel
#9 of 89 in Thasos
Alexandra Beach Thassos Spa Resort
A for Art
A for Art
#2 of 17 in Thassos Town (Limenas)

Been to Luxury Villa Fotini? Share your experiences!