“Lovely location and good facilitites at a multi-nationality hotel”

Costa Lindia Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Lardos
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Firstly, as a Brit, I'm surprised by some of the negativity towards the fact this hotel didn't have many English-speakers staying. During our week it was the same - large majority Russian and Eastern European, some German/Dutch with only a couple of other British groups. However, in my experience, this only adds to a holiday to enjoy the fact you're abroad. If I wanted to be surrounded by English-speakers I'd stay at home or go to a different kind of seaside resort.

That out of the way, we had a really good stay here. The hotel is in a very small village, surrounding by lovely mountains and with direct access to a private area of a great EU awarded beach. It's certainly quieter than other Greek resorts we'd stayed in before, but we still had four livelier nights out in nearby larger towns that were only a short taxi ride away.

The hotel itself had a unique style and feel, with a variety of different rooms set in a long line down to the beach, with seven pools spread throughout. Because of this layout nowhere was too busy and we were able to get the sunbed spots we wanted every day.

The room was very comfortable, particularly the spa bath which I used a couple of evenings to unwind and read a book.

Food was better than I've experienced at some other all-inclusive resorts, but options in the main buffet restaurant were a little repetitive. It's worth mentioning that they also have three other food options aside from the buffet - Italian, Greek and Arabic style set-menu restaurants - which helped variety. Special mention should go to the excellent breakfast selection and the fresh giros at the beach-side restaurant for lunch.

Staff were friendly enough, although none stood out as particularly memorable or special. Many only spoke basic English, with a preference for more of them to speak Russian or German, which is understandable to cater to their clients.

Evenings at the hotel were sadly a little soulless so I'd recommend a trip outside the hotel to nearby towns. The entertainment was geared almost entirely towards children and families, but to a degree that there was little for adults or couples to enjoy. That said, we recognised that this was predominantly a family hotel and we still had a laugh with the friends we made here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nick C

Reviewed 2 July 2013

We were the quests in costa lindia 09-20.06 , 2 adults , 2 children , one under 2 years. We liked the hotel very much , the food the personel the animation . Rooms are very clean and big , the territory is very unique , the architecture is very much special. The sea was clean , the pools were clean and beautiful, we have rented a car from avis and traveled all the island, prasonisi, lindos, rhodos, 7 springs . We liked the island very much , my children were eccited by the pools , and the animation , the disco dance made by Olga. I think we will be back to costa lindia next years . Thank the personel in th end hotel they were realy kinfd and operative .hallo dear Konstantinos and Georgeos.

Room Tip: Choose superior room side sea or front sea view ... we were living in 402 , the location was great
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 4diana
Reviewed 24 June 2013

we were there last year. There were not so much russians. We met many italians In 2012. Animations was better and food. This year most of time we spent in trevelling over the island. So at all it was good vacation.

Room Tip: room No429 is the best
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2013

First of all Costa Lindia is rightfully a five-star hotel.In my opinion this specific hotel is especially for all ages because from one side you can chill and enjoy the amazing landmarks and from the other you can have fun in amfitheatre and the bars.Also there are many beatiful pools where you can swim and enjoy your time.Αs for the roomservice and the food i think they are very satisfying for a five-star all inclusive hotel.Finally to conclude i personally believe that is the best hotel in rhodes and i would advice it confidently.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank cl2959
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My partner and I stayed last week during a recce for our Lindos wedding next year. We are in our mid forties, and are sociable, friendly, tolerant people. I have never before felt the need to warn fellow travellers, but certainly do on this occasion.

Let me first say that we have stayed in a variety of all inclusive hotels recently, mainly in Egypt and Spain. I spent 14 years in the catering and hospitality industry in jobs including food and beverage manager, publican and wine buyer. I'm no whinge- bag, and understand how difficult Joe public can be to please at times. That said we paid good money for this hotel, roughly what you'd pay for an excellent all inclusive 4/5 star in Egypt, we've clearly been spoilt. It's only fair I warn you as I was for once foolish enough not to check reviews

We did not encounter the previous reviewer or their wedding party, which I find rather odd, and in our experience were the only English people in the hotel. I would estimate the balance as 65% Russian/eastern European and 35% German. I didn't hear another English accent all week, including the beach.

Room - Ist room offered was below ground level and looked out onto a quadrangle of walls, small, musty and dingey. I went back to reception and politely declined ( never done before in 20 odd years). That was greeted rather intolerantly by the delightful (not) Vicky who in poor English got the porter to show us room 2 whilst clearly complaining about us to other staff in greek. They seemed a tad embarrassed. Room 2 was again just below ground level, or should I say the confusing general ground level of the hotel. It opened out to a tiny outside area 8ft from the bottom of the childrens main play slide, and 3 ft below pool level, again declined. I wont bore you with the 3rd room, but after declining that we were sent to the pool bar and told to come back in an hour. Room 4 was reluctantly accepted. I'd lost the will to argue with her anymore and realised poor rooms were all they had, we should have walked there and then. The rooms are small, about 10 x 9 excluding the bathroom. They are superficially clean...ish, but had cobwebs in corners etc. 3 star at best. Vicky was a disgrace, and if it wasn't for not wishing to upset my partner ( who dealt with her very sweetly) she'd have deservedly got both barrels from me.

Food - I jest not the main servery was at the most 30 x 20 ft with a maximum of two front of house chefs dealing with hundreds of guests per sitting. At meal times it resembled a football concourse at half time. Obviously most of the food was pre laid out on trays, but you get my drift when you want a fried egg etc at breakfast, good luck. The dining areas were adequate but busy. Staff can barely keep up , and don't expect to ever be greeted and seated, no chance. That would be far too relaxing. We instead frequently went on the hunt for a table, cutlery and cups, and that was before the food hunt. Breakfast was worst, and was an even bigger free for all amongst some of the rudest, ignorant guests I've ever experienced. You'd have thought every meal was their last judging by the food they piled on plates. Shame so much was left.

It was repetitive food, boring and low quality. If you like a variety of cheap cake, pastries, mushy salad ,processed slices of cheese and meat you'll be fine. We ate out 3 times in the evening and should have done more. Sadly there was nowhere open for breakfast. The other meals were hit and run, in and out. The lunchtime beach café/restaurant was a saving grace once you got over the siege mentality of the food queues but nothing special. The evening a la carte restaurants (pre booked only) were also a relief from the hordes on two evenings, but were a set menu. The Arabic restaurant was well served but with average food ( chicken tough as a boot - microwaved?). The Italian was just a choice of four basic pizzas. How difficult is a pizza!! Dough was nice enough, but the toppings consisted of leftovers from the sliced meat, salad bar and cheese selection of lunchtime. How difficult would a pasta dish have been? They serve only to take the pressure off the main restaurant and get rid of excess food. Fact.

Bars - The Rotunda open air bar near the tots play pool - Noisy euro trash music 10am -midnight, sullen service and crowded, a Russian butlins. Avra bar by beach - lovely terrace area and very scenic, spoilt by music as above, one barman who can barely understand your order and no atmosphere. Swim up Pool bar - good, thanks to friendly barman George. We drowned our sorrows. All drinks in all bars were ALWAYS served in flimsy plastic glasses and if you asked for an ashtray you got a plastic glass with water in it, how classy!! Drinks overall were of poor quality and poorly served, and I know my onions in that respect. Thats all folks, there was no indoor bar where adults could relax.

Layout - In a word - irritating. Its shaped like an elongated i. Cramped and intricate at the top area especially. Long trek to room punctuated by maize like paths, steps and corridors. Nice enough towards the bottom near the beach.

Beach - A minutes walk from our room and the only place I truly relaxed in the hotel complex. Crowded in the morning, but quiet in the afternoon. Beach "bar" was soft drinks only.

Service. The staff clearly work hard, but add nothing positive to the experience, they don't have the time, functional and indifferent at best, bar George above. Getting beach towels was a saga. First you pay a deposit at reception, then you take the receipt to the gym where you collect your towels. They can be changed at set times on a Monday and Friday, we didn't bother and kept them, To return you take them to the gym, receive a plastic card which you then take to reception to get your money back. WHY?. To me that summed up the hotel, hard work.

I don't know who writes the glowing reviews, some are clearly dubious.Trust me this is 3 star at best. I wouldn't go again if it was free. The unassuming hotel manager walks around 16 hours a day bless him, and obviously cares. With the budget he's given however he can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. The owners must be raking it in. Saving grace of the holiday was that we found a fabulous hotel nearby for ourselves and guests next year, and its slightly cheaper! We walked round it several times and were shown rooms etc. If we could have copied their wristbands we'd have camped in there!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank 333BrianW
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We have just returned home after having a great weeks holiday(29Mat to the 05 June) in Rhodes staying at the Costa Lindia Beach Hotel. Our son was getting married in Lindos & we chose this Hotel for our party of 20 guests because they were able to meet all our needs, The staff were very professional and went about the daily routine with smiles on their faces always happy to assist in anyway they could, the food was of good standard and plentiful.We must say a special thank you to Bogdan & staff at the rotunda bar & georgio at the poolside bar (keep up the good work) The hotel has had some bad reports but we can only judge it from our stay and we had a great time (a holiday is what you make it) Once again a Big Thank You

Room Tip: Try and ask for a poolside room
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Harry T
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Don't ever go there.
Awful bedrooms : noisy, old, bad beddgings, old bathrooms.
Unfortunately, populated of lousy people drinking alcohool all day long as it is an all-inclusive formula.
Just imagine, the noise and the smell from urination !
Pass your way !

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Laurence1972
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lardos
Lindos Princess Beach Hotel
Olive Garden Hotel
Olive Garden Hotel
#5 of 14 in Lardos
Atrium Prestige Thalasso Spa Resort and Villas

Been to Costa Lindia Beach Resort? Share your experiences!