“Excellent Value!”
Review of Bel Mare Hotel

Bel Mare Hotel
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Lardos
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a week at Bel Mare. We booked it last minute to save money, and was all abit rushed. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.

The hotel is in a very quiet area, with a couple of restaurants and shops nearby. If you want something abit busier, then you have Lardos village which is about 20mins walk to the left, or the much livelier Pefkos which is a 30min walk to the right/short bus ride for €1.60

The rooms are basic, but what do you really need other than a bed and bathroom on an island like Rhodes?

In previous reviews, it seems that this was a family run hotel, but since it has been taken over, everyone who works there is from an agency. This is no bad thing. Other reviews state that you have to pay for aircon but this is no longer the case since it's been taken over.

We went bed and breakfast, but for 10euros, you can upgrade to all inclusive for the day. This gets you lunch, dinner and drinks so it's fantastic value.

All meals are a help-yourself buffet type of thing, but the quality of the food is again, surprisingly good for the money you pay. Their Greek salad and tzatziki, which are served every meal time and are particularly good - my girlfriend says it's the best she's tasted!

I would just like to finish by saying, that the staff are all very friendly and welcoming. In particular, Christos, the receptionist, and Romeo the evening barman, are brilliant!

All in all, very happy with our stay!

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Jack B

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Hotel is based in the Lardos beach area about 20/30min walk from the village of Lardos on the main road. (Little village is worth the visit)
The location is an easy walk to the beach and we did not hear any traffic noise from the main road. Well south of Rhodes airport so tour operators transfer is around 2 hours

There are a number of good restaurants and bars in both areas (TVs with football and good Greek taverns) Just enough choice to keep a couple entertained for the week.

Pefkos and Lindos are both nearby for a day/night visit by bus or taxi.

Did not use the air con but at 50€ per week thought it was a bit expensive. We did not keep the room on on the last day as there is a courtesy room to get changed/showered in the reception basement.

Breakfast is adequate continental food. Bread,boiled eggs, ham. cheese,cereal, tea /coffee, jam/honey between 8 and 10am.

Staff all very friendly and helpfully. We had good weather and no complaints.
Good hotel for a quiet laid back relaxing Greek holiday.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Petersun55
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Just arrived back from a splendid week at the Bel Mare. George, Nikolas, Ikos and Helen are fantastic hosts and will give you the best welcome ever. The hotel is family run and in a relatively quiet location with eazy access to nearby locations. The rooms and breakfast are modest, but the cleanliness and friendliness are absolutely first class and more than make up for the basic amenities. Clean rooms, a lovely pool, good bar area and a 5 minute walk from the beach.
Highly recommended and good value for money. Genuine and sincere welcome, we would definitely return.

Room Tip: All rooms are basic but clean. Standard weekly 50€uro charge for aircon worth every penny. Beware s...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Zabu P
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I have returned from an 11 night stay at the Belmare Hotel. Firstly let me just say that George and his family who run the hotel are lovely and couldn't have been nicer and more helpful. On arriving at the hotel I was greeted by George, who provided me with all the details I needed in regards to the hotel and location. I opted to pay for the air conditioning and safe upon arrival, I wasn't surprised that this was extra and have found this to be normal in a number of places around Greece. The weather was great and the air conditioning was well worth it in my opinion, however this was not pushed and I was offered to be left to think it over. The accommodation was spacious with plenty of wardrobe space, the room was cleaned on a daily basis, I was pleasantly surprised to find a fridge in the room. There was a TV, but I didn't turn it on during my stay - far too much other stuff to be doing! I agree that the breakfast is limited, but not a problem for me as I don't like too much in the morning. The pool area is great and a decent size, plenty of sunbeds and umbrella's - all very clean. The bar area is great and the bar food was much better than expected. This was a perfect place for me, I hope if you choose the Belmare you have as great a time as I did!!! George and family - thanks so much. Tracy x

Room Tip: My room was 103 great sized balcony (but most look a similar size). The sea view was quite a distan...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank tracycaroline111
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We had great week at the Bel Mare. It's a basic but comfortable hotel with friendly, efficient staff and a high overall standard of cleanliness we really enjoyed our time here.
Breakfast is not so good with a limited and repetitive menu.
Best thing about the Bel Mare was our host Nikos who served us drinks every night and made various cocktails and would stay open until you were ready to go - what a great guy!
Nikos recommended we eat at Terpsis in Pefki. The food was outstanding, so good we ate there 2 nights on the run. We'd recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jeff C
Reviewed 21 September 2012

We have just returned from our holiday at the Belmare and we had a great time.I will not bother about all the distances and the various locations these have already been well and truly documented in previous reviews.I just want to say a few words about the hotel in general and the staff that run it.The staff where absolutely amazing cheerfull friendly helpfull the lot.A special mention to the man on reception George, the lovely lady who handled the breakfast and numerous other jobs.The young man who did a bit of everything,the superb bar staff,but most of all the young lady who did all the cleaning the hotel and the rooms evey day she cleaned the rooms some times with a little help but most of the time by herself what a worker and always smiling.Apartment room 305 fantastic balcony but my wife says that the sink in the bathroom was bigger than the font in St Peters cathedrel in Rome.everthing else PERFCT including the weather.

Room Tip: Get room 305 ground floor great private balcony sea view and peacfull but beware of that sink.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ALSVIEW_12
Reviewed 16 August 2012

nice staff, free wifi in the reception. Not really much diversity in the breakfast buffet though. Nice pool and bar by the pool. The air condition is 8 euros per night i thought that was a bit excessive.

The location could be a bit better but for the value it's pretty good.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GisliFreyr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lardos
Lindos Princess Beach Hotel
#6 of 14 in Lardos
Hotel Kamari Beach
Hotel Kamari Beach
#11 of 14 in Lardos

Been to Bel Mare Hotel? Share your experiences!