“Great Hotel, Poor Food And Not For Young Children”
Review of Hotel Ilyssion

Hotel Ilyssion
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Lardos
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Travelled between 21st August and the 5th September 2013

The hotel is situated in great location with fantastic views from your balcony overlooking the sea with breathtaking sunsets at dusk. Its a 15/20 minute walk to pefkos and directly outside the hotel on either side of the road is the bus stops that can take you to any part of the island.

The staff at the hotel are very helpful and polite and made us feel very welcomed to be there.

The bedrooms are big and spacious and very clean and tidy. The beds for me were too hard and gave me back ache each morning when I woke up. The bathrooms are ok but the bath itself is small, so if you're thinking of having a bath and are over 4 ft tall think again as you will not fit in the bath.

Very nice clean swimming pools situated around the hotel. I would stay clear of the salt water pool as this has slippery moss in and around the edges and floor area of the pool. The mini golf course is no longer available. This is now a vegetable patch and the kids club is not a kids club it's a kids room with toys and board games along with a mini TV on the wall. The entrainment at night is reduced to 3/4 nights a week and is held in the lobby/bar area.

The breakfast is very tedious no hot food as such to choose from only scrambled eggs and mini hot dogs that are kept warm with tea lights. No toaster, the fruit juices are substandard, the orange juice is coloured water and the pineapple juice is sugar water at best.

The main meals need to improve as well. There is a very limited choice of salads from the salad bar and 3 main meals to choose from. For the children the choice was either chicken or pasta with or without sauce and rice, no vegetables and if you were lucky they would have chips every now and then and this was their choice every night.

The puddings were even a bigger disappointment you only had 2 choices to choose from watermelon, tinned fruit salad with cream or cream caramel that hardly covered the bottom of the dish. No ice cream or jelly for the kids.

So you won't be surprised when we say we ate out more times than we ate at the hotel very disappointed with the food.

Would we return to this hotel not at the moment as we have a young family and this hotel does not cater for children.

I would return in the future with my wife on a room only or a self catering basis.

I hope this review helps you decide if this hotel is for you. I've tried to be fair and honest without being too negative.

Tips.

Planning on hiring a car do not hire the car from the hotel. Walk into Pefkos and halfway down the main road in Pefkos you will find Lindos Car Rentals on your left. We hired a car for 7 days for 190 euros the hotel wanted 250 euros.

If you are looking for a sandy beach safe for kids with its own taverner there is a lovely beach just a short bus ride from the hotel, It's called the Glystra Beach. Just cross the road at the hotel and catch the bus towards Kiotari. Tell the driver you want to go to Glystra Beach he will call out the stop for you. The fare will cost 2 euros 50 cent per adult kids go free. At the beach 2 sunbeds and the umbrella will cost you 8 euros for the day.

Room Tip: All rooms have a sea view I would recommend above ground floor as we had to have the curtains close...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Graham332
There are newer reviews for Hotel Ilyssion

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We have just returned from a short but fantastic holiday at Hotel Illysion. Our room was less than 20 metres from the sea and the view is simply stunning. We have been to this hotel many times and continue to return as we love it. The location is amazing and everytime we return it seems more beautiful. The management team and owners do a wonderful job in making all guests welcome, from arranging a first birthday party for a young guest to a fantastic Greek night for all!

Room Tip: Sea view - which they all have
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NancyAndrewsEssex
Reviewed 12 August 2013

i returned yesterday from a week at ilyssion with my mum, the hotel is absolutley beautiful, i understand now why people descibe it as paradise, it really is.
i am already missing waking up to the stunning view, It is only about a 15 minute walk into pefkos and it cost 10 euro for a taxi to lindos.
We went half board so we ate out quite a lot, but when we did eat in the hotel it was all fine.
Apart from the amazing location, the best thing about the hotel is definately the family that run it, they are fantastic :) and very friendly, they really did make the holiday a pleasure, i would like to return 1 day and take my 2 daughters with me next time.
It is a very very very beautful place with beautiful people :) xx

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I have just returned from yet another great holiday at the ILYSSION HOTEL Pefkos Rhodes
I have got to say in terms of location, you can't beat it. 15 minutes walk to Pefkos. 10 Minutes
taxi into Lindos. As well as being right on the sea front with 2 pools and a bay to the right.
If you are looking to relax, this is the place to be. For a 3 star hotel, it provides good, comfortable, clean accommodation with almost every room having a sea view! I have just stayed on the half board basis and found the continental breakfast more than adequate, with the usual breads, hams and cheese. Plus a good selection of cereals, jams, fruit an yogurts. The evening meals were a buffet selection of traditional Greek dishes with the addition of vegetables, salads and a pasta dish. All of which I found well cooked and very tasty.
I do find it strange sometimes when I see that there are people who do not enjoy there time at this hotel.
I have been visiting here for 15 years and have always found the Family and staff very friendly and helpful. Can't wait to get back there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank Sheila H
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We have just returned from this Hotel this July 2013.
The Hotel is great just right on the edge of the sea and has a swimming platform into the sea.
The small beach is very nice and only approximately 20 yards away so very easy to reach.
The family who run the hotel are very friendly and let me pick one of two rooms because I have a walking problem and they let me have the room on the ground floor which was very clean and cleaned every day. The food was very good and Chris his wife mother and sister could not do enough for their clients. We would recommend this Hotel to everyone who is looking for a nice hotel in a perfect position.
Dave and Sandra from Merseyside.

Room Tip: High rooms have a good sea view most of the rooms have a sea view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sandra f
Reviewed 14 July 2013

It was my BEST holiday ever!!! Great hotel, great location, great staff, great acommodation, great food etc.. LOVE IT!! I was there with my wife couple days ago and I miss that place so much!!! :( But I promise!! I ll come back in 2 years!! You know.. ;) Best regards Lubo.. :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank SnoopyBA
Reviewed 8 July 2013

After 16 years of going to the same hotel you would have thought we have had enough. No Chance. This hotel is perfect for all travellers. The location (right on the waters edge) is superb, the hospitality first class, the food was good. Pefkos and Lardos are within easy reach and well worth a visit especially Lardos. There were many different nationalities there all of them saying that they had such a good time that they would make every effort to go back again next year. Me well, like i said, i have been going to the Ilyssion many times over those 16 years and will continue to do so for as long as i can.

Room Tip: Don't listen to the travel agents, because only 3 of the 110 rooms have inland views. All the re...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Clifinio
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lardos
Virginia Hotel
Eagle's Nest Hotel
Eagle's Nest Hotel
#15 of 34 in Pefkos
Matina Pefkos Aparthotel

Been to Hotel Ilyssion? Share your experiences!