“WOW” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lindos Princess Beach Hotel
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Lardos
“WOW”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

What a fantastic holiday. This hotel is amazing and all the staff are very helpful and friendly. The food is outstanding in the Main Resteraunt and the two A la carte Resteraunts. Wednesday is Italian Night and Saturday is Greek Night. The food in the buffet resteraunt is themed on these two days and you are allowed to visit one of the a la carte resteraunts once a week. The highlight of the holiday was definitely the Animation team. They are truly remarkable and talanted people and the evening entertainment is up to professional quality. The activites for children are great. I am a teenager and usually hotels don't provide activities for teenagers. But this hotel has its very own junior club for all teenagers aged 13 - 17. This allowed me to make some really good friends from all over the world which really made my holiday special. There is plenty of room to relax too. There are 3 pools one where all the animation activities take place, one where there are water slides and one which is quiet and relaxing. The hotel caters for everyone and there is bound to be something you will like. The snack bar outside produces some excellent food and is very neat and tidy. The hotel doesn't have a sandy beach but is well situated between Lardos and Pefkos and a short journey (10 mins on the bus) to Lindos. Lindos has some stunning architecture which you should try to see during your stay. The hotel provides all the information on where to catch the public buses. They do get a bit busy but it is ok for a short journey. I would reconmend booking an excersion if you are interested in visiting Rhodes town as it is anout 1 and a half hours from the hotel. They are more expensive than the public buses but are well worth it. This holiday has been one of the beat holidays I have ever had. My parents went to Greece a few years ago and were frightened that the hotel would be basic. But this hotel is far from it and they strive for perfection. This hotel should be 5 star and is better than the others in the area. I would reconmend this hotel to anyone who wants to relax and enjoy the scorching heat whilst having some fun.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Spholsholiday

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
plymouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

we stayed here from the 22nd aug for 14 nights me, my husband and 6yr old daughter, on arrival at 5.30 in morning was greated by night reception who were helpfull. we were given a room down by the beach which was very nice quite away from main hotel.
had rep meeting 10.30 that morning so very tired so didnt book trips till the sat morning as couldnt decide at time so saw rep then,that was only time we saw him though so he was none excistant the rest of hols but we didnt mind.
room itself very nice but the only grips were mini bar was not restocked for new guests all we wanted was water none there so had to tell them then it was redone in the evening, also after a lie down we went to pool for the day came back and beds were not made which we expected so asked reception and was told it be in morning but in evening they came and done it.
the weather was fantastic the whole fortnight very hot.
i read on here that there was no probs getting sunbeds and after 3 days of hunting for bed as everyone had put there towels down we thought if you cant beat them join them so had to put towels down because if you wernt there by 9 in morning you didnt get one. the last few days did get quiter so there was a few left. we stayed mainly around main pool which we loved and walked to slide pools and beach pool.they did get very busy. there a pool bar which the staff work hard and very friendly and always had a smile they were the best.
reasturant was very busy but we didnt get shoved to much and for first few days the food was ok but after that started to get very repetative and with 3 big islands you would think the would have something diff on them but no it was same as other islands except the fry cooks.
we did find the russians etc very rude no please or thankyous to the waiters but then they dont seem to have manners. dress code in evening was none excistant it said no shorts or flipflops in evening for men but we saw quite a few and my husband always wore a shirt and 3/4 lenghs which was aloud. you must try the greek and italian resterants they were lovely and a welcome change. also we got annoyed with parents who brought ipads to tables to let there kids watch there dvds and parents feeding them, im no snob but it really did get annoying.
you could get food anytime in day the beach bar had food at dinner and evening and you got icecream at beach bar to.
we went on a few trips through rep.went on a trip to rhodes which then we had 5hrs there but be carefull in old town as 2 cokes and iced coffee cost us 16 euros which we didnt relise they never had price list and get you to sit. dont worry we never made that mistake again lol we did enjoy rhodes though so it a must.
i now it sounds like im moaning im not we had a fantastic time.
the animation team are also very good they worked all day and do the evening shows which great with the odd night when it wasnt but mainly they were good.
that comes to another point apart from animation team there not a lot of entertainment you had the odd act down at the beach bar but that was it. with being such a big hotel you would think they would have brought in acts so your not resticted to the animation show.
i was bitten also by the mossies so if they like you take stuff to stop them as they seem to like me lol also had food poisning/sun strock not sure which so was laid up for 2 days not nice.
we still managed to go to lindos acropolice and st pauls bay when i felt better and wasnt going to let it ruin our hols. also did pefkos shops. walked to lardos stayed 10min then went back as nothing there.
all in all we did have a great holiday. the hotel is stunning with a few faults.

Room Tip: rooms down by beach quieter
Chorley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

Just back from an enjoyable 2-week stay at the Lindos Princess Hotel in Rhodes. Travelled with Thomas Cook and after an on-time flight and a quick exit from the airport, our coach journey took 55 mins to the hotel, as we were the first drop off. Excellent reception area supported by brilliant staff, we're a family of 2 adults and 1 10-yr old child and were allocated a spacious room in the main hotel block on the 2nd floor (it runs ground, 1 then 2). Clean, modern and furnished to a good standard, the room was of a high quality with an excellent view over the main pool and the sea beyond. We had an end room which had an extra sized balcony, which was great as the normal balconies next to us, looked on the small side. Our son frequented the Thomas Cook kids club in preference to the hotel run animation team's club and was very well looked after by the team there. He also took the soccer course which was well run by Steve the soccer coach and was excellent value at €20 for 3 x 1 hour sessions, but I understand this only runs during the summer, so if you if you travel outside of the main holiday season, this facility might not be available. Cleandliness of both the rooms and the hotel generally was excellent and the staff were all very obliging and worked hard. There is an entertainment venue which hosts nightly shows which were fine if not great. The buffet restaurant was well organised though at times incredibly busy, although some of the comments made about rude guests of various nationalities, didn't seem founded as we experienced no problems. The food quality was good with plenty of choice and variety but of course after a while buffet menu fatigue does set in, so we opted to eat out a couple of nights for a change of scene. We discovered a restaurant called Mare Matto (Greek/ Italian food - family run and very good food at a reasonable price) a short walk from the hotel (turn right and walk up the hill and you will see it on the right hand side opposite Crazy George's British pub, where incidentally, you can watch the football on Sky Sports and receive a hospitable welcome from the Yorkshire owners). We also had an a'la carte meal at the Italian on site at the hotel, which was also good and was nice to receive table service for a change rather than the scramble at the buffet. With Thomas Cook you get 1 a'la carte meal per week, which isn't really enough - it used to be 3 but they changed this after we booked. There are three pools and the resort although large, isn't so big that you would feel lost. There plenty of sunbeds mostly, although at times it did get busy and you had to search for a spot as sadly the usual bed blockers who lay there towels out in the morning, were at large in this resort. The hotel has its own private beach with watersports available and there is also an extensive hotel run activities schedule for those that want to join in. Overall we rated this hotel and the service provided highly, although it is a little way out from the resort of Lindos and you would need to take a taxi or use the cheap frequent bus service which stops right outside of the hotel. If you stay here, you will not be disappointed and are sure to enjoy your stay. I would have given it 5 stars but for the fact that they charge you for internet access at €50 per week, which I think the hotel should offer guest free. Sadly, I needed to stay in touch with work, so had no choice but its an expensive business in an age where a lot of quality hotels provide this service FOC.

5 Thank ChorleyRecruiter
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

I visited this Hotel from the 18th August till 1st sept 2012 along with my wife and 10 yr old daughter. This is the first time we have gone all inclusive. we were the last drop off on the coach, and on arrival the Hotel looked Impressive.

As we entrered the reception area, I noted it was large spacious and lots of marble and very well presented. The reception desk was staffed by what I can only describe as 3 beautiful Greek Godessess. They was very polite, spoke perfect English and was very helpful, and I was told that our luggage will be transfered to our room. Due to the time of the night around 2300 hours I asked if they was any places we could eat after the long journey. I was informed that the beach snack bar was open until midnight! It seemed to good to be true......

Our room (221)was clean and adequate for our needs, it came with aircon, a free mini bar, TV with some English channels. The Housekeping/Maid service was excellent, our room was serviced everyday, and it was no problem asking the maid for extra pillows. The maid did an excellent job and she was approachable and friendly.

The Hotel and grounds was kept spotless and there seemed to be lots of cleaning going on everywhere. My wife spotted some cockroaches in an outside toilet, she reported this to the bar staff, in which they thanked her for her time in reporting it. When the wife used the same toilet again, no cockroaches and the wall that they was on had been treated with a chemical and or paint. It became apparant that the Hotel is well maintained and cleaned to a high standard.

The hotel had over 2000 + guests from many nations, and most seemed to be from the Balkans. meal times proved interesting, with peak times proving a challenge to negotiate around many other diners, it reminded me of a busy train station, everbody in it for themselves. However this was not really a problem once you found your feet. The food was good, lots of choice, cold drinks and beer & wine if required. I put on 14 pounds so I must of enjoyed the food !. The staff in the restaurant was polite and efficient. We was looked after by mainly by Marios and Eva and they knew we was a threesome and I liked my Coffee, and they seem to go out of their way to get us our usual table/spot. Marios and Eva took the time to talk to us as and when they could, which made us feel very welcome.

The entertainment in the daytime and evening was performed by Claudio and his Animation team. Elton, Tommas, Robbie, Lenka, Jay, Alberto Yarchi, Erika, German,Cloe along with Darsha and Barbie that did the poolside fitness/aerobics. plus other team members. The Animation team did a great job encouraging everybody to participate in poolside games along with the in pool dances or aerobics. I even took part in the water polo and water Volley ball. There was lots to do outside of the pool. The Hotel had a purpose built beach volley ball court, also an astro-turf football pitch, tennis and basketball courts, mini golf, table tennis, pool, archery, darts, and so on. With the Animation team organising games through out the day, something to do for everybody.

The evening entertainment was held in the Ampitheatre a purpose built theatre with good seating and impressive sound and light system. The Animation team did the usual mini disco and games for the little ones and afterwards was the main event, which varied from live singing to comedy, not an easy task considering they had to cater for many nations, but they struck a good balance. Claudio was the Animation superviser and had built a good team around him, the Animation team was great fun to be around and to be honest they kinda put the icing on the cake and made the holiday even better. There was many a time me and my family was in stitches laughing at some of the comedy routines they performed. The singing and dancing was to a high standards and it was obvious a lot of rehersals and time was taken to ensure the guests was entertained. The management have a lot to thank the Animation team for.

In the 2 weeks we stayed we never had a cause to leave the complex, other guest did but we had everthing on site. something to note, the Hotel has a good Gym and spa, including a beauty spa, in which my wife had a massage for her migraine, she commented it was the best massage she has ever had, which stands for a lot as she herself was professionally trained in this area!

The Hotel had many pools for various ages, with lots of sunbeds and sun umbrellas. if you wanted the prime spots you had to get up a little early to claim your spot. The main pool never seemed to be over crounded and I could enjoy floating around on the lilo enjoying my cocktail without being spashed or knocked off ( living the dream LOL )

The Hotel also had a private beach with water sports and free sun loungers etc, so lots of space for everybody to spead out, betwen the many pools and beach. Also you was given free beach towels instead of using your own, and could be exchanged twice a week, a nice little touch.

I read the trip advisor before I left and did note that some of the Balkan guests was rude, to be honest I did not encounter this problem, but I did notice they did not seem to say " please or thank you" to the staff, something the British did in which the staff do appreciate!!!!

I believe the Hotel Management should be gratefull to the Animation Team,Housekeeping, catering and bar staff for doing an excellent job and to be honest due to them being friendly hard working and constantly wanting to serve and make our holiday enjoyable, they should be commended!

I could write much more but I wont.

Oh yes the bad points........ I had to pay for the Holiday....

Room Tip: 221, very close to everything, nice and quiet, with an excellent maid/housekeeping. sun in the morn...
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

We just had a great two weeks at the Lindos Princess, as a family of four with two children under 7. I echo everything that InsulationDave says in his review.

We booked directly with the hotel so we had to pay for a taxi from the airport (65 euros) and had to pay for Thomas Cook Kids club (5 Euros per two hour session). We also used the hotel kids club, which is available to all guests for free. My son preferred Thomas Cook as it was more sporty and he was in the older group (5 to 8). My daughter preferred the hotel one. They were both great. Thomas Cook run kids parties in the evenings, which are fab (they cost extra to everyone), especially the chocolate party. My son also did their soccer course which he loved. The hotel club will take the kids swimming and to the beach if you give permission. The hotel one also opens until 10.30 two nights a week, they take the kids from the auditorium after the mini disco and put a film on for them in the mini club, then bring them back. The kids in the hotel club were many different nationalities, which I think is nice.

There have been comments about rude guests. We didn't experience any of that from anyone of any nationality. We met some lovely people. There were many times when other guests helped my kids to reach the ice cream at dinner, or help them get drinks and I did the same. The dining room does become hectic at this time of year when the hotel is full, but we never had to wait for a table or queue for food. the only annoying part was dodging other guests on the way back to the table. It is also quite noisy with tables being cleared all the time but they have to do that to ensure that people don't wait. I can't see how they could have done it any better. When we wanted a more relaxed dinner we sat outside around the edge of the dining area and took our time. You can also eat a la carte once per week in a choice of three restaurants. We did that once, but we missed the wide range of food so we didn't bother again.

The food was great. Seemed to be better in the second week than the first. It was different every night. I didn't enjoy the desserts as much, but that was a godsend for me. The breakfasts were really good too. The snack bar has food between 11 and 6, so you were never short of anything to eat. There was fresh watermelon cut everyday, ice cream on tap, and the bar staff were great at serving the kids directly. We found them all really friendly.

The animation team were fantastic. They had great chemistry and it rubbed off . They mostly held events around the main pool, and twice a day the music would ramp up and they'd get people dancing. It was good fun. The rest of the time it was very quiet. The main pool is great and always had plenty of beds. The kids water slide pool was a bit more like "get your towels down at dawn" as was the big water slide pool. The beach was great but a mixture of coarse sand and stones, so you had to have reef shoes really (which you can buy at the supermarket).

We ventured to Lindos one night but we didn't do anything else. It was too hot for us and we were happy to relax the entire time. My husband went on a fishing trip on the glass bottomed boat from 8 to 11 in the morning and loved it (50 euros). He also enjoyed the table tennis and water volleyball. I did water aerobics every day. There were lots of other things to do but it was too hot !!

I had two massages (they were on offer). They were very reasonable and the mixed massage was amazing. The massage room isn't quiet and relaxing as it's by the jacuzzi area and if people are in there chatting you hear them, but that didn't bother me as the massage had me away with the fairies.

If you are ill, there is a Dr who visits daily at 11am and if you need a prescription the hotel arranges for it to be delivered to you. Beware though, any medicines or lotions are really expensive in Greece, so go there well stocked.

Overall I thought that this was amazing value for money and we had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Family Rooms are very spacious with a separate sleeping area for the kids that you can close off. Ho...
2 Thank joanne k
Whaley Bridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

We have said in the past that we would write a report for Trip Advisor, as we use it extensively when planning our holidays, but have never got around to it, so this year we have made the effort.

We stayed in the Lindos Princess, Lardos, from the 15th August for 14 nights travelling with Thomas Cook. The Lindos Princess nearly lived up to our expectations with first impressions being very positive. It has a grand reception area which is, as is the rest of the resort, very clean. Initial fears of overbooking were not put to rest as a party of 3 in front of us were told that the hotel was full and that there were no rooms for their party size and that they would be put up in another hotel over night. We therefore approached the check in desk with a sinking feeling. Fortunately our fears were unfounded. We initially requested a higher floor and emailed the hotel to ask for a room in the blocks rather than the hotel as we have a 5 year old daughter – we were pleased that we had a room (527) in the Thalia block which was on the upper floor – full marks for the hotel for responding to our request. The room was very clean and tidy with a comfy bed for our daughter. The room was cleaned every day to a very high standard with fresh bedding 3 to 4 times per week.

The pools were quickly explored and found to be clean, as they were all through out our stay. The beach bar near the snack bar was very good and the little Greek I know (very little) was appreciated by Irini and Kostas who mixed Mike’s Drink every lunchtime. The food was good without being outstanding, breakfast was the best meal, but to avoid the chaos that was the eating experience in the main restaurant, we sometimes waited for the snack bar to open at 10.30am. The main restaurant was the main disappointment and we resorted to eating out of the hotel in the evenings as frequently as possible just to avoid the mad trolley dashes, the lack of tables and the total lack of organisation. The staff in the main restaurant work very hard under constant pressure from supervisors who appeared to just ‘ride their case’, maybe they should roll their sleeves up and help or get more staff. If the supervisors were to experience this restaurant from a customer’s perspective they might learn more. The experience was one of a fast food takeaway rather than a restaurant. The dress code was a joke, there are signs outside the restaurants and in the information book in the room that state that long trousers and a shirt must be worn in the evenings. Don’t bother! No-one else does. Don’t waste your luggage allowance – just take shorts. We felt overdressed in the evenings when we ate in the main restaurant. To the restaurant: if you have a dress code then stick to it or just don’t have a dress code at all.

The only oases in evening dining were the a la carte restaurants, which were quiet calm areas where the food was excellent and the staff had time to interact with the customers an overall much better experience. You only get 1 visit per week unless you pay an extra €15 per person for each extra occasion that you visit. The Dionysis bar was also a pleasant place to sit and have a quiet drink where the drinks are served in glasses rather than plastic cups. Plastic cups around the pools/beach areas are a sensible precaution but people still took plates, cups and saucers around the pool despite signs asking customers not to.

In summary there are some areas with room for improvement and one area that needs to be improved (the main dining room).

Room Tip: Thalia block is well placed and is central to all the facilities. Rooms away from the pool were bett...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
George C, Manager at Lindos Princess Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time and effort to write a very detailed and constructive review of your stay with us. Your review is exactly what makes Trip Advisor so valuable for us; - we get a clear and honest picture of your guest experience. Although we are very vulnerable and transparent online, we trust our strong management skills and confidence to accept critique and improve. As the matter of fact we are actually preparing for our next season 2013,- and this also involves evaluating guest feedback. We have noted your comments and they will be discussed further. Overall, we are truly pleased and relieved that you had a good holiday staying at Lindos Princess Beach Hotel. We hope to welcoming you back again in the future with the aim only to impress you this time. Please do not hesitate to send us an email in advance should you consider another stay with us as we would be delighted to make sure you have an excellent time. As all hotels, we depend heavily on a good online reputation, so thanks again; it is a reminder why we want to improve in every single way and to stand out from the crowd.

Best Regards,
Lindos Princess Beach Hotel
Gateshead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

just come back from a weeks stay at this hotel and i have to say for the price it is a really nice hotel.good points first,food really good and lots of choice,staff very friendly,spotless clean all around the pool and plenty of bars for having a drink,also lindos town about 10 mins away in a taxi is fantastic and is a must for a night out.the only things that could maybe make it better are little things like having a kettle in your room and the beach being not been the best but apart from that excellent.i paid 1468 pounds all inclusive for 1 week for me my partner and son aged 10,and for that price i think it was well worth it.there is better hotels out there like adams beach in cyprus and costa adje gran in tenrefe but the would cost you 1000 pounds more.if you are looking for a nice hotel at a good price,this ticks all the boxes...

3 Thank craig y
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lardos
Princess Andriana Resort & Spa
Lindos Blu
#2 of 33 in Lindos
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,187 reviews
Mitsis Alila Resort & Spa

Been to Lindos Princess Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!