“Great stay at the 'Lindos Princess'”

Lindos Princess Beach Hotel
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Lardos
england
“Great stay at the 'Lindos Princess'”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We stayed here for a week from 14th Aug with our two teenage daughters. Our rooms where in the main hotel building with pool and sea views. The rooms are spacious clean with a good size balcony .The hotel complex is emaculate with well mantained gardens. Loads of sunbeds, so no problem finding one if you have a lie in!
The annimation team where 'Fantastic'! They worked so hard in getting guests involved in activities throughout the day, always happy and full of energy!!
The food was of a good standard, the only downside was, at meal times the dinning room was so crowded. Maybe guests should be offered a choice of two sittings?
We found all the staff so friendly, the pool bar staff, day and night where hardworking and entertaining, especialy Tomy and Spiros!

This hotel has something for everyone and we would deffinitley go back!

Room Tip: rooms facing the swimming pool and the beach in the main hotel all have sea views and are spacious a...
3 Thank moffattfamily

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

We've spent 12 days this summer in this hotel in family room with all inclusive service bought. The room wasn't really two rooms but only one long room with sliding door and air-con only in one them which was inconvenient but the room was big enough.
Food was good, amazing pasta made by italian chef few days in week. We didn't needed to wait for table more than 5 minutes.
Staff was mostly friendly except ladies at reception desk, they were all the smiles but were in reality quite arogant and didn't helped a bit.
But most anoying thing was that they'll try to charge extra for services which are expected as free of charge.
Internet connection is not free even in lobby. They charge 35 euro per week for very lousy internet and it's locked to one device. So if you are 4 members family each having one device you can easily spend 300 euro just for internet. Also room safe is charged 40 euro ler week. Towels changed max. twice per week, minibars refilled every second day and if you order drink in upper bar after midnight it's also charged. And there were several examples of this.
So all in all, resort and beach are good, food was also good but my feeling when i was leaving the hotel were rather negative mainly because of all these extra charges which you won't expect in this price category. I certainly won't come back neither recommend to my friends.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Pfive G
HHotels, Director of Sales at Lindos Princess Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your feedback regarding your stay in our Lindos Princess Beach Hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed our services such as food and service, the facilities and the beach.
On the other hand it was very disappointing for us to realize that all your complaints were due to lack of information regarding the All Inclusive Program of our hotel which in fact, it is published on every selling point including our official website and all of our partners.
The above is quite obvious because we do have a clear description of our family rooms and the services that are included in the All Inclusive program. Would you have read that, you would have given us the chance to be judged on real facts. Nevertheless, we have taken into account all of your comments and will do our best to improve our services wherever possible.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future,

Kind Regards,

Lindos Princess Beach Hotel
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I and our 6 year old have just returned from our 2nd stay at the Lindos Princess. We hoped our memories of last year would be repeated and we were not disappointed. We had a ground floor room this time which we did find had more bugs and ants but not to the point of being inundated. How ever my husband and I were bitten on a few occasions.
The staff were amazing as always, very polite and helpful, especially the pool side bar staff who always made a fuss of our daughter when she went for a drink. The pools are varied and spotless and we never had any problems finding loungers. The water sports are brilliant and must try for all. We tried parasailing, yelo boats and jet skis. Worth every euro.
The hotel is slightly remote but we liked that and it didnt stop us hiring a car to visit old Rhodes Town and St Pauls Bay and Lindos Bay. Definitely worth a visit.
The food is varied and seating can be a tad manic but it didnt spoil our meals. Some people, regardless of nationality are very rude and pushy but again we didnt let it spoil our holiday. The smoking was off putting. We dont smoke and do not like our daughter to be exposed to the smoke and they do smoke everywhere.
The entertainment staff are amazing. Always smiling, never pushing you to do things such as water gyms or volleyball but always taking time to chat. Truly worth their weight. We would definitely recommend this hotel for families.

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank taty24
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Pros: Fantastic pools, great choice of food, place looks stunning, cocktails were great, room was very clean, mini bar gets refilled every other day, beach is very close, kids really enjoyed kids club, mini disco was entertaining for the kids, staff were all very friendly, never had a problem finding table in restaurant even with our party of 7, kids loved the amusement park (although the mosquitoes were everywhere! ) plenty of entertainment in the night either in snack bar or at the ampitheatre.

Cons: Killed about 40 mosquitoes in my room (although from talking to other people nobody else had this problem with them getting in), not many English speaking people as there are loads of Russians and Germans, bed wasn't very comfortable, didn't try the Italian restaurant because they messed up the reservation due to the language barrier and was also quite rude about it.

Hope this helps!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jason R
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We loved it the first time and went back again and was not disappointed at all. I was amazed that probably 90% were the same staff as last year which speaks volumes for the hotel and management. My daughter used the hotel kids club which she really enjoyed but being minority English here in the hotel she thinks it's funny that not many speak english ;-). We found more English to be staying this time than last year but I feel it is not a bad mix. I think the staff put up with a lot and really need a medal as they seem to smile and get on with it nothing is a problem. I do find some people really rude to them with no please and thank you when they are ordering/handed drinks etc,. As someone else has mentioned the smoke does get on your pips at time but suppose you have to try and pick your table/sunbed wisely.
Yes you need to get up early and book your sunbed and I would say get to the restaurant no later than 7:45pm otherwise you maybe waiting but I believe plans at foot to extend the seating area outside which will really help matters.
Would I go back yes but I would love to do with I different tour Company or on my own.
I think I will be checking out other hotels in the chain.

Room Tip: I think it is worth the extra to upgrade to a family room. Much more space and really seperate room...
3 Thank Mudpilot007
wakefield
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This complex is huge. The hotel and grounds are beautiful.

Check in was ok and the mini map map to get to your room adequate. When lugging heavy suitcases (and the kids suitcases) at 11pm and your room is on the first floor it is an inconvenience but not a deal breaker.

The so called family room was not a family room. It was a normal room with the sofa's fitted with sheets so kids could sleep there. Beds were hard and unforgiving. The aircon only works when you are in the room so you need at least an hour for it to cool down. The sealant around the washbasin had come away. 100 euros to secure the room for the last day!

There were huge number of people smoking everywhere. In the restaurant you ate food while eating clouds of putrid blue smoke. While relaxing in a lounger you also were succumbed to breathing in others poisonous fumes. If they want to kill themselves fine. But why selfishly inflict it on everyone else.

You can use either of the two special Greek and italian restaurants once for each week of your stay. The Greek/Seafood restaurant was terrible. The seafood was tasteless, the service was appalling (only 3 families using it at the time) and we really could not get away from it fast enough (90 minutes was enough). We then went to the snack bar.

However they were the negative parts and far too easy to focus on. So don't!

The food in the main Spondi restaurant was fantastic. Huge variety of food that constantly changed. There seemed to be sections for east european food, a section for Greek, a carvery, kids food, fruit (wow the carved food was amazing) and various others. I tried all sorts of food. Some of it freshly cooked in front of you. Spaghetti with seafood and garlic (2 times a week), pancakes every morning, kebabs etc etc. If you go between 7 and 9 expect a 2-3 minute wait for an outside table and a lot of pushing while getting food (mainly Russian or English behaving like this). So we mostly went early and was lovely. White wine would have been nicer if cooled...

We went to the Italian Restaurant for our last night there. Full of in trepidation considering the terrible Greek restaurant. We could not be note wrong. Even though it shares the same kitchen as the Greek restaurant the food was amazing. The service was just incredible and our kids were fully entertained by the could not do enough for you staff. One of the the best eating experiences we have ever had anywhere! I ordered seafood starter and main course. Amazing. Not sure what happened in contrast to the Greek meal we had next door using the same kitchens. Was just incredible and our main waiter could not do enough for us.

The outside bars have plastic cups. Not an issue as safer and you should always use straws as they can be a bit sharp at the edges. The alcoholic drinks were superb (lots of alcohol) and the staff just so friendly and seemingly happy in their jobs. My kids loved going to the bars and ordering pepsi.

The outside snack bar is fantastic. Lots of salad and meal options considering what it is. Lunch has plenty of water melon, chopped up in front of you.In 40c heat you need it. Fantastic ice creams served by two lovely ladies who only had smiles. Our kids loved going there. This area was loved by us all. At nights this area also had live music. There was a chap (Luciano or something like that) who played guitar and sang two nights a week. He was fantastic and I enjoyed his shows in the lovely outdoors while drinking and eating. Shame not many clapped for him after his songs, but he was very professional and carried on anyway.

The animation team work extremely hard.We were disappointed that on the night we arrived and the night we were leaving that we missed eh one show we all wanted to see - the fantasy show with puppetry and lights etc. The shows were ok and a little suggestive. However our 6 and 7 year olds did not understand and as such was fine. Many of the acts are repeated across the shows. The shows appealed to many but not us so much as not children centric. The mini disco before was ok but all those mini kids on that stage is an accident waiting to happen. Not helped by thoughtless parents siting on the few steps. The same animation team did all the sport activities throughout the day. They also spent a lot of time drumming up support around the pools. They worked so hard and always with smiles on their faces.

Same applied to the majority of the staff.Always smiling always working hard. That is except for the shop (Jasons). Staff very miserable to the point of being funny! Shop a little pricey too.Just step out of the amazing reception and walk 100 metres to you left and you have a cheaper and friendly supermarket with a better range.

The reception is fantastic. Just walk under that pretty dome in the roof and clap, sing, whistle and it gets amplified/ echoed backs. We all loved this (especially big kids like me). My 7 year old son loved the pics of a naked woman and loved showing everyone.

Rooms are spotlessly cleaned (and mopped on their way out) every day. Towels replaced every day. They seemed to love putting the kids soft toys on their beds (sofas...). Fridge refreshed every 2 days which was more than enough considering how easy to get a drink with the assortment of bars.

There was a very nice bar open from 1800-0100 every night which had drinks glass. Worth tipping the waiters so you did not have to leave your seat. Can sit outside and look down on the fantastically lit hotel.

Plenty of pools each with different feels and ethos. We mixed as per our children's needs and it felt like being in different holidays.

Our kids maid plenty of friends. The Thomas Cook kids club was not very good. Our kids were not impressed with a game that involved blinking, the activities were poor, there was no Thomas Cook Dizzy and Splash characters by the pool etc like at other Thomas Cook Resorts. Then charge you 5-10 euros extra per child for parties that did not even include snacks. 10 euros to watch Sponge Bob squarepants with everyone crowded around an iPad is a ripoff. Saw The Thomas Cook Rep on the morning big sell and that was it. Thomas Cook staff on the outgoing flight were rude, unhappy and just awful. Flight out did not even have inset screens to watch a film. Good job really as the film was Robocop and unsuitable for my 6-7 year olds. Getting bus allocations in Rhodes via TC was terrible and we saw other tour operators doing it much better. I wonder if Thomas Cook ran the Jasons Supermarket in the Hotel?

There is nothing much in the local area. For us that was perfect. We did not want a Faliraki and a perfect young family holiday.

Beach was stoney and we were aware before we went. Great Snorkelling and although we went in high season there were plenty of loungers. Beach again somewhat messed by the thoughtless smokers who discard everywhere. Staff picking up the miss and quickly as they can.

We absolutely loved this place and I am now having difficulties getting something else to match this standard. Yes at nearly £5k for the 4 of us it was pricey. It it was worth it. I just wish we could lift it all and move it to our next holiday destination.

Despite Thomas Cook we had the best holiday ever. I want to go back next year (without Thomas Cook) but my wife wants to go to a different country.

My many thanks to the fantastic staff at Lindos Princess. Best Holiday ever! I want to come back soon (once you have sorted out those beds).

Room Tip: Unfortunately could not choose a room. The family room was in the second block on the right and faci...
3 Thank SoundsaFoolMusic
Pontypool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Just came back today very nice clean hotel grounds beautiful everything in one place so you didnt need to go anywhere else if you didnt want to.The only down side was the resturant food was ok but it was same all the time we took my grandson and he is very fussy with food he ate a roll and ham every day he didnt like anything they cooked but thats kids I suppose I did enjoy my holiday would I go back I will have to think about that one may be in a couple of years time.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lardos
Rodos Princess Beach Hotel
#5 of 126 in Rhodes Town
Elysium Resort & Spa
Elysium Resort & Spa
#1 of 20 in Kallithea

Been to Lindos Princess Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!