This resort is a member of the "Leading Hotels of the World". Having stayed at a number of the other hotels in this group this resort is well below the standard set by it's peers. Without wanting to go through an entire list of failures, in summary:
There are 5 restaurants, only 3 of them are open in the evening. One of these is a buffet where the food doesn't change, and the others cannot cater for all the guests and therefore if you don't reserve you will not get a table until late in the evening. The quality of the food in the restaurants is not great, and you will find much better service and food outside the resort.
You will find a better breakfast in a 3 star B&B, having been served meat that was off, one wonders what the rest of the kitchen is like. (luckily our waitress quickly came a retrieved the omelete with the off meat in it and apologised). After having stayed here for a week already, the variety of food available has not changed even a little, and the impression given is one of little hygiene. The staff are trying their best (with the exception of the breakfast chef - who couldn't give a toss) but even they admit that the hotel shouldn't be a Leading Hotel of the World.
When we arrived we had pre-arranged a car from resort to pick us up. It was an hour and a half late. My advice is get a taxi - when they are not on strike.
Don't be fooled by the pictures on the website, the beach is a stone beach and is not sandy. You need to buy special shoes to walk on it and they sell these at the shop in the resort, alongside hardcore pornographic playing cards at a small childs reach.
The staff are very good and try there best, but they can only play with the cards that they a dealt. The exception of this rule is the housekeeping, who badger you if there is a "do not disturb" sign outside your door - 3 phonecalls on one day to see when we would take the sign off, and then when they did come in they did a 4 minute clean. Added to this was a scene at the pool side restaurant where a poor waitress had obviously done something that the "Captain" waiter did not like and he berated her at the top of his voice in front of the diners. The irony being here that she was one of the great and attentive members of staff and after her scolding you could see that she was totally deflated and couldn't wait for her shift to end.
We tried to speak to the manager, but they were too busy to see us, and then later in the day we were told that we could go up to his office to see him as he was free. I thought good customer service would mean that they would come and find us at our convenience rather than going upstairs to see the "headmaster".
I suppose one of the things that i look for in a hotel and resort is consistency in service, there is none here
This is our first trip to Rhodes and it is a beautiful island, we will be back but would not come back to his resort as I am sure there are others that are of a much higher standard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a turquoise beach at the southeastern tip of the island of Rhodes, Lindian Village is an indulging hide-away dedicated to satisfying the needs of today’s discerning travelers. Settled amidst a lush garden of tropical and indigenous flowers and trees the resort is in harmony with the Rhodian multi-cultural character where all different influences blend together in a perfect mix. Stone paths are guiding to the “RIVER PASSAGE”, an all suite collection, which winds along the course of a Zen waterway, especially designed for those who seek complete privacy in an absolute style.A fragrant explosion of roses, jasmines and bougainvilleas surround the “OTTOMAN GARDENS”, interconnecting suites and junior suites of one, two, three and four bedrooms with strong oriental touches.While the refreshing sea breeze genteelly strikes the “MEDITTERANNEO CLASSIC”, double rooms arranged to resemble a traditional Greek village.With five different restaurants Lindian Village is a sophisticated dining destination serving the finest tastes from local organic delicacies to the latest fusion cuisine.In between such gastronomic pleasure, the Lindian Village Spa, idyllically situated overlooking the Aegean Sea, awaits with an endless list of services tailor-made to meet the desires of its refined clientele. For pleasurable business the “TH HALL” is designed for housing the coolest events. Ideal for happenings, meetings and conferences it is centered on privacy and high-level facilities. With impeccable personalized service, unspoiled elegance, minimal chic details, hip atmosphere and endless blue vistas, Lindian Village is the place for stylish escapes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, TravelUp, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Agoda and HRS so you can book your Lindian Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindian Village Lardos
- Lindian Village Hotel Lardos
- Lindian Village Rhodes/Lardos