“great service,lovely place”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Lardos
Tiberias, Israel
“great service,lovely place”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

we spent there a long weekend. really great .nice beach ,large and comfortable rooms ( they clean them twice a day) and great service. the food was good, but don't forget - they charge you for the drinks - even water. a fair car rental service in the lobby. will come back again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank anna a

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Bayern, Germany
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I booked my trip (I travelled alone) using Neckermann/Thomas Cook - I flew direct from Munich to Rhodos Greece and stayed at the Lindian Village Hotel from July 14 - 21, 2012.

I wanted to have a relaxing trip and this is what I got! :-) Upon arriving (the transfer bus took 2 hours to get me from the airport to my hotel, but it was fine with me because I got to see the city sights along the way) Once arriving at my hotel, I was greeted by a very friendly young Belgium lady who helped me check in.

The main restaurant/buffet was very well stocked with different types of meats and fish, lots of salads, several kinds of fresh fruit, different types of delicious breads, many ice creams, cakes, and on and on! The restaurant service was fast and friendly, the young waiters/waitresses spoke several different languages and were very happy to help in any way possible. There are other restaurants too! But I had the thing called Half Pension so my place was the main restaurant/buffet .. but I also ate at the Thai and the Fish/Oyster (and i got a 15 euro discount from eating there). The Thai is okay, I didnt think it was anything special (sorry! but its not real Thai) but the Fish/Oyster restaurant was a super blast! Excellent oysters, wine and fish! Really nice location being so high up, I could see it all - the pools, beach and ocean.

My hotel room was spacious and clean. No ants or bugs! What was scary/funny because reading some other reviews about the hotel rooms made me kinda nervous ..The ONLY thing I can say if I had to find 1 thing to comment on for the hotel room improvement is that the shower wand and water control are outdated and could be given a makeover.

Housekeeping visited 2 times a day. Very professional and always friendly. When I came back from being on the beach or from dinner - I had a nice surprise where 2 times they made me cute animals from towels and placed them on my bed. It made me smile. They took time to clean up when I said I dropped a small perfume bottle on the floor. The housekeeping deserves a A+.

The beach was 1 minute walk from my room. Holy cow! I was happy. Plus - the Spa was on the way so I booked appointments for deep tissue massages and facials. The Spa is professional and so relaxing! They offered a good discount if i booked my program within 24hours... so, of course, I did :-) They also had a sauna and a hamman..

The beach is a bit rocky towards the water, but the stones are round and not sharp. My tip is to buy yourself a pair of water/beach shoes- or buy some from the hotel mini market. The sand is also hot as heck during the afternoon so wearing some thing on your feet is important anyways.

The beach is very clean (and had clear water) and very relaxing. They have restaurant waiters coming during the afternoon to ask you if you want to have drinks or food. Towels were always available. As a matter of fact, I walked along the beach and up the small hill over to the next beach in my tiny bikini every day and never once felt at danger! Very relaxing and quite safe.

I had a very pleasant trip. It was amazing. I would go back again. It's very relaxing.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank MissFrancesRose
Roustas A, General Manager at Lindian Village, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
Dear Frances_in_Greece,

Thank you for your very kind comments and for sharing your lovely experience of your stay with us.

I have conveyed your genuine remarks; all our team was really pleased to receive them.

It was super great to know that you have had relaxing vacations, that you did enjoy the range of mouth-watering dishes that were served in our restaurants and that the views, the spa treatments and the beach made you happy and satisfied your summer appetite.

We are surely looking forward to welcoming you back in high spirits!
South Shields, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I would just like to start by saying the previous review about this hotel is total and utter rubbish reviewed by CV ZURICH SWITZERLAND certain individuals who are never satisfied however spectacular in life. Me and my now husband stayed in the lindian village for 2 weeks in july and had our wedding here the quality of the food is 100% never had such great food anywere the staff are amazing as you have to appreciate Greece is in financial difficulty and the hotel is slightly short on staff however extremely attentive hard working and friendly. Our wedding day was amazing Sophia the wedding coordinator was well organised and we did not have to worry about a thing. We never had any issues getting a sunbed around the pool which was well maintained our room cleaned everyday new towel twice a day overall a thouroughly brilliant experience. Jade&Dave

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jadexdave345
Ljubljana
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Lindian Village Hotel was recommenced to us by friends. My husband, three year old son and I stayed there for a week. We have reserved a double room with half board, but they upgraded us to junior suit, which was really nice. Everything is how it is supposed to be, clean, quiet, well organised, the water in the pools is clean, the beach quite big and the beach cabanas are amazing. As the hotel was half empty, it really was a relaxing experience. The staff is very professional as well.
I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone who is looking to relax.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank tristanpoljak
zurich switzerland
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Shocking hotel! I don't even know where to start! Rooms are dirty (floor was filthy - crumbs from previous guests had not even been swept up for us before we got the room, mold throughout the bathroom walls, shower, floor etc), food in the main dining room was of extreme low quality and in some cases unedible (and never greek!), day after day at the pool side restaurant we watched bread and dips being served to guests after watcthing 6-7 birds attacking (we literally watched the birds in the bread basket nibbling away and perched on the side of the dip with their beaks getting their fill and then the waiters pushing the birds away, readusting the bread and bringing it out to the poor unassuming guests!), beach towels were shedding at the edges, and the majortiy of staff (who were not greek) looked extremely unhappy (we later had one of the staff tell us that he was being treated horribly...months without a day off, 12 hour days, not getting paid ....that he had never seen anything like it and couldn't wait to get out). It was truly shocking and not at all a 5 star expereience (understatement). They charge 5 star prices but in return you get very little back. The positives were the beach (very nice beach with clear water) and the pool (nice pool area that has been kept up). However, the rest was truly very shocking....Our family will of course never return to Lindian Village. This hotel grossly took advantage of us. Stay away!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank c r
Dear C R,

Thank you for your feedback.

It was with great surprise to read your comments, which do not delineate our high standards at all.

You make a number of observations in your posting, which we are very concerned about.

As you can see from the other reviews of your co- travelers on Tripadvisor’s website, it is rare to have unhappy guests. The majority of our reviewers rate Lindian Village as ‘very good’ or ‘excellent’ and it is a shame that your experience was not really that favorable.

You were clearly left with a negative impression and we feel really sorry about that. It is always our aspiration to gratify our guests.
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We went to Lindian for a short weekend. It was a great experience!

Room Tip: Rooms in the first floor are nicer but hotter in the summer.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Still as I write this review we have 2 days left of our Honeymoon but we feel that we can no longer contain our love for this hotel and need to let everyone know how much of an amazing location it is.
Arriving 2 weeks ago we were greates in the early hours of the morning by extremely freindly, polite night manager and porter and were delighted to be told
That we had been upgraded to a junior suite! Then driven to our suite which was extremely clean, fresh and spacious. Outside we looked in astonishment at our own hot tub and huge bed to sunbathe on. The rear bathing area is completely private enabling you to completely relax. After we had drunk our champagne we sat in astonishment that this was our hotel, but more Importantly the location for upcoming marriage!!
Everyday, twice a day our bed was made and fresh towels replacing the morning towels in our room. The mini bar provides a couple if beers, cola, water (sparkling and still) and many more drinks although some are not on the all inclusive package.
Down at the main pool which is tranquil and relaxing, there is the pool bar and the waiting/ bar staff could not be more helpful in ensuring sheer luxury by waiting on you. Their level of service is unprecedented and professionalism of
The highest level. Beach waiter service is sublime and efficient.
There is only 1 way to experience the hotels service and that is all
Inclusive as otherwise the drinks and food can be expensive, however this is only due to the quality of food/ cocktails/ wine, service etc it is the best.
Pool bar menu..... Salmon grilled on a bed on wild rice and vegetables, paella mussel and chicken, handmade burgers with mozerella cheese the list goes on and everything was delicious 'to die for' food.
Katarina, katarina is by far the best cocktail bar maid I have ever met. Having been in a few cocktail competitions myself in my younger days I can say this without reservation. every cocktail is made with care along with general bar work on top of all this the drinks are sensational and all
Included in the pear club all Inc package. Renowned by Rhodes as one of the best she has been handpicked to serve at the lindian village and her work speaks for
Itself, whether it is a tenesee tea, long island, cosmopolitan, daiquiri, mojioto (name a few) they are the best I've tasted in years!
Sophia was amazing and worked miracles in just over 1 week to arrange the finer details of our wedding ensuring that our day was nothing short of perfect! We were asked for our music list and sophia went away, downloaded the songs and had every detail perfect. We were married in the dome on the island followed by a small reception in the fish resturaunt with beautiful views ofthe sunsetting over the sea. Down to exact matching flowers to our colour scheme, sophia sourced it and ensured the resturaunt and dome were dressed to make the most romantic setting.
Those Looking for a Greek location to get married should strongly consider this hotel to be the place as the staff, service
and effort from everyone will make your,
like ours, the best day of your life!

I could go on and on about the happiness that the lindian village and
It's staff have made us feel however the sun is hot and the pool looks inviting with a chilled beer so I will leave it there.

I will leave you with one final thought, do not listen to those who state this hotel is a 2 or 3 star hotel, it's is an easy 5!

If you expect 5 star service then be a 5 star guest!!!

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Mounty1026
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lardos
Atrium Prestige Thalasso Spa Resort and Villas
Sheraton Rhodes Resort
Sheraton Rhodes Resort
#13 of 126 in Rhodes Town
Sentido Port Royal Villas & Spa

Been to Lindian Village? Share your experiences!