1,110 results
All reviews pool suite thai restaurant private beach half board junior suite vip breakfast main restaurant four poster turkish delight golf buggy fresh lemonade pool bar beach boy turn down service stream running ottoman suite front office manager
Reviewed 24 May 2013

i was there on may 14 2013 for few nights and it was great!
everyone is so nice, great service , very clean. they have beutiful pool and a great bar in the pool.everytime we asked something or we asked help the stuff were so helpful and always try to help and was very tolerant.
the SPA is very exspensive! the hotel is far from Lindos and taxi from the hotel is very exspensive, i think they need to organize few times during the day and night suttels.
and last thing they beed to do nore nice activities for younger pepole .

but it's a veru beutifull and great hotel!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank shiraba3
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Very good hotel, one of the best in Rhodes, it looks like a typical greek village, nothing compared with the hideous and cold buildings you can find elsewhere on the island.
You will have a warm welcome for the check in and a tour of the hotel with a golf car. The staff is nice and smiling. The hotel is very clean, well decorated with flowers and ponds.
Opt for a junior suite with a private pool and a lovely cosy garden. You will feel like home.
The colors are very pleasant and restful, everywhere in the hotel. You have an outdoor fitness facing the sea, same for the spa if you want a massage. The sunbeds are very good quality especially the beds you will find on the beach.
The only little point which can be improved is the food in the buffet restaurant which is quite basic for a 5* star hotel when you are half board. Unless you taste the three a la carte restaurants...
To sum up, you won't be disappointed by staying in the Lindian Village, such a peaceful hotel, highly recommended.

2  Thank sharley1912
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my break at Lindian Village.

I found the resort to be quiet, relaxing but with plenty of opportunities to exercise; just what I wanted. A small stream runs through the centre of the village and there are lots of flowers around the property, factors which help create a pleasant environment for relaxation.

The food onsite is good. I particularly enjoyed Basil, Lindian Village's Greek restaurant and thought the choice available at breakfast was more than ample.

I stayed in a junior suite and it was spotlessly maintained. I'd highly recommend this type of room as I had a private jacuzzi and plenty of room to relax on my sizable balcony. I really like the scent of the Olivia toiletries provided in the bathroom.

What I also liked was that the staff - from the cleaners through to the spa staff - made an effort to be pleasant and engaged in their work.

There's a spa, where I tried a Swedish massage, and enjoyed a good number of rounds in the steam bath and sauna...necessary because of the time I spent on the weights and trying out the sports sessions with the resort's trainer, Gabi.

I'm not really one for sunbathing so didn't join the majority of guests by the poolside or down on the sunbeds and recliners on the beach. There's a water sports centre down on the beach if that's your thing.

It was easy to get into Lindos for the day and the resort management did a sterling job of arranging a trip over to the historic old town of Rhodes for me.

All told, I feel like I was well taken care of and had a very good time while over at the Lindian Village.

Room tip: Book a junior suite if you want plenty of private space to relax in outside and your own private jacuzzi.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank StuartTravelandTours
Reviewed 21 February 2013

We have visited the area before,so knew that the hotels was going to be isolated, that was fine as we were only staying for a week. Normally you expect to find a cluster of tavernas and mini markets outside the hotel, but in this case there was only one mini market which mainly sold clothes. It did sell water and a few bottles of wine, but no food. this meant that the hotel has a captive audience.

There is a water boat which leaves from the beach mid morning and returns from Lindos mid afternoon, if you wish to visit there. Apart from that, there are just a couple of small villages nearby with a few bars and tavernas, but you need a taxi to get there.

When we arrived the hotel was not expecting us because it said that our booking had been made but then cancelled. Luckily as it was off season, there were plenty of rooms. We were given a drink before being taken to a room and the problem was sorted out the next morning.

As we had arrived after the buffet had closed, we were asked if "cold cuts" would be acceptable instead of our meal, if not, we could order off the room menu,but pay. Cold cuts are pretty usual in these cases and are normally of a good standard. When we got to the room, there was a bottle of water and two small cakes waiting. The "meal" soon arrived and I couldn't believe how little food there was, just a tiny plate with a very few pieces of meat and cheese and two bread sticks to share between two people,

The room was fairly small, but adequate, the bathroom though was tiny, you had to turn sideways to fit through the gap between the sink and shower cubicle to get to the toilet.Leaving the shower doors open meant you could walk forwards, but then trip over the base.

Three of the light bulbs in the room were not working, I rang to ask for them to be replaced, but was told it would have to wait until tomorrow. In the morning, I reported them again and they were swapped, even so the room was very dark, which made reading difficult.

The resort is built around a meandering artificial stream which flows from the reception down to the town square and then to the beach where the swimming pools and spa are. This means that there are no sea views, the rooms all have small patio's looking into the gardens which are lushly planted.

The half board option gives you breakfast in the cafeteria type dining room and dinner in the same place. If you want to use any of the other restaurants, there is a euro allowance against the menu, but that doesn't go very far towards the extra cost. Breakfast was fine, but the selection of food for the evening meal was very limited, not what you expect from a five star hotel. For some reason best known to themselves, they only put out one spoon between lots of plates of food, so that meant everyone had to wait until it was there turn to use it!

The service is shocking, they insist on having a greeter to take you to a table, but the young boy was so slow and stood talking to people instead of attending to the ever lengthening queue. Once at the table we were then ignored by the two young waitresses. so it took ages to order any drinks. Half way through the week, I complained to them, they were very surly about it, but at least they took notice of us. The restaurant has a shaded outside part as well as the interior. As I try to avoid being bitten, I prefer to eat inside on an evening. The lighting is, however far too bright. there are large chandeliers as well as lots of spotlights in the ceiling,so if you are after a romantic meal, this is not the place to be.

At lunch time, the only place to eat is in the poolside bar, there is a small beach shack selling food further along the beach, but it is very basic and you have to walk over large stones, so it is not a pleasant stroll. The food in the poolside bar was nice, but as they have a captive audience, it was expensive. I had considered all inclusive which if you like to have a few drinks, would definitely be worth it

The gardens are very pleasant and the beach beds are excellent, being off season, we managed to get one every day. but in summer they would soon go. There were lots of good quality sun beds on the beach instead. The beach is very pebbly,so you need beach shoes for the sea.

As we were not leaving until late afternoon, we asked to keep our room, but would have been charged for it. We were offered a courtesy room to shower in instead, this we accepted. We had asked for our cases to be brought up to reception, but they weren't, they were still in the original room,so why we couldn't use that for a shower I don't know.

The courtesy room was of a different design with a much bigger bathroom, so we were just unlucky with our original room. I was horrified to find that the courtesy room had not been cleaned, other peoples toiletries were in the bathroom and some of the towels had been used, there was even a used item of sanitary wear on the sink top!. As it took time to retrieve our cases, we had no time to complain until we got back to reception. I moved the offending article myself and we managed to find two unused towels for our shower.

The ambience of this hotel is good, but the food and standards of service are not good enough, especially as it was the most expensive option we considered. Sadly I would not return again.

Date of stay: October 2012
7  Thank Herriotgirl
Reviewed 28 October 2012

This hotel is one of the best we're ever been in. The location is perfect, right next to the beach. The atmosphere is calm and quiet, the staff is very helpfull and friendly and the food was very satisfying. If your'e looking for a peacfull relaxing vacation this hotel will fit you like a glove!

Room tip: If you can afford it take the pool side suite, it worth every cent.
Date of stay: October 2012