Lets start with the good.
Lindian Village looks amazing. The layout with the river, small houses and pool area with the huge daybeds is stunning. The beachs is a stone beach, but private and beautiful. We had the family suite with private pool, and I loved it. A huge private area with a big sofa and chairs came in handy with a small child. There were to sunbeds so we could enjoy the sun when the baby slept. A seperate bedroom, when travelling with a 10 months old child goes a long way. They also provided us with a baby cot, high chair, sterilizer and babycall.
The bar staff was great. Always smiling, remebering everything you drink and eat, doing their best to give you great service.
I'm sorry to say that we experienced quite a lot of it. It was the end of the season and maybe they were tired of turists. But a five star hotel should do better.
They say they are a family oriented hotel, but none of the restaurants on the hotel opens before 6.30 pm(the buffet restaurant). The other opens at 7. Travelling with a small child that goes to bed at 6.30 pm, we ended up having to order room service every night, witch was a very small selection. Some of the times we didn't get what we ordered. Since the place was so recluded there was no other place we could eat if we didn't get a taxi somewhere. Since there are no taxis with a babyseat, there were limited options.
The childrens pool was freezing. It was so cold we didn't want to put our daughter in it.
The waiters at the restaurant when eating breakfast never offered a smile. They served coffee and juice when you sat down, after that...nothing. The exception was a waiter called Pedro. He gave great service, always smiling and was very attentive. We soon learned what tables was his and sat there every day.
One day we booked a taxi with a babyseat through the hotel for a trip to Lindos. He was gonna drive us there and pick us up later in the day. When we got to Lindos he told us he couldn't pick us up, we had to get a new taxi ourself. We couldn't find one with a babyseat, and called the hotell asking if they could book us one to pick us up. We told them it was raining and we were standing outside. After one hour there was still no taxi, we were soaking wet and cold and we called the hotell again and asked where the taxi was. They said there was no available taxis, but never bothered to call us and tell us. It was past bedtime for our little girl, she was wet and hungry, but obviously a call back to let us know is to much to ask. In the end we had to take a taxi without a babyseat.
One day we lost something and asked the reception if anybody had turned something in. She said no, but was gonna ask the staff if anybody had found something. Once again we never heard anything.
We also asked early in the stay if they had a water boiler so we didn't need to run to the restaurant everytime we needed to heat milk for the baby. No big deal if they didn't have any, but they stuck to their rutine......no feedback at all. We ended up buying one ourself. Other families with small children asked the same, but they never heard anything either.
All in all.....beautiful place......horrible service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a turquoise beach at the southeastern tip of the island of Rhodes, Lindian Village is an indulging hide-away dedicated to satisfying the needs of today’s discerning travelers. Settled amidst a lush garden of tropical and indigenous flowers and trees the resort is in harmony with the Rhodian multi-cultural character where all different influences blend together in a perfect mix. Stone paths are guiding to the “RIVER PASSAGE”, an all suite collection, which winds along the course of a Zen waterway, especially designed for those who seek complete privacy in an absolute style.A fragrant explosion of roses, jasmines and bougainvilleas surround the “OTTOMAN GARDENS”, interconnecting suites and junior suites of one, two, three and four bedrooms with strong oriental touches.While the refreshing sea breeze genteelly strikes the “MEDITTERANNEO CLASSIC”, double rooms arranged to resemble a traditional Greek village.With five different restaurants Lindian Village is a sophisticated dining destination serving the finest tastes from local organic delicacies to the latest fusion cuisine.In between such gastronomic pleasure, the Lindian Village Spa, idyllically situated overlooking the Aegean Sea, awaits with an endless list of services tailor-made to meet the desires of its refined clientele. For pleasurable business the “TH HALL” is designed for housing the coolest events. Ideal for happenings, meetings and conferences it is centered on privacy and high-level facilities. With impeccable personalized service, unspoiled elegance, minimal chic details, hip atmosphere and endless blue vistas, Lindian Village is the place for stylish escapes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lindian Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindian Village Lardos
- Lindian Village Hotel Lardos
- Lindian Village Rhodes/Lardos