“Female Travellers”

and 1 more site!
Oceanis Rooms Apartments
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Barbati
Reviewed 14 October 2008

I stayed at The Oceanis in May with my wife Debbie. This was our 6th time there. Nico and company as usual made it a great holiday. I am not wroting this review about that holiday but about one Debbie and our daughter Michelle had in September 2008. This is written from the view of a husband and father who natuarly would worry about his wife and daughter going abroad on thier own. Let me set your mind at rest about Barbatti. I have never been to a place which I know is so safe and hassle free. I felt at ease about the thought about them walking from the Oceanis into Barbatti. The greatest comfort was knowing that if an emergency did occur, Nico would always be there to help. This would apply to someonewho is a regular visitor or if it was your first visit. So thank you Nico, Illiana, Dimitri and co for giving me a worry free week and looking after my two alkies so well.
Bill Higgins

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank orrdebbie26

Reviewed 11 October 2008

I've just came back from my first week at the oceanis rooms, barbati - it was so nice and relaxing i would recommend anybody and everybody.
Niko and ileana (the owners) are so nice and friendly they made me feel very welcome and dumitra (the chef) is brillant, i definitely recommend the stifado, peppers filled with feta, fryed mushrooms - infact everything on the menu.
The room's are fairley big, they have everything you need from a tv to cooking facilities- lets face it you only need to be in there for sleeping and washing.
The view from the room is spectacular, i've never seen anything like it especially when you get up in the morning the first thing you'll notice is how blue the sky is and the stars at night are glittering.
Last thing i have to mention is "21" the scottish game ask Niko and he will teach you, it certainly is a good laugh, get ready to taste the little green things, (no its not what you think)

Hopefully see you's all next year again!

Yammis
Michelle

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2008

We stayed at the Oceanis for a week this summer because we wanted a getaway in the sun with space to relax and chill out - and that is exactly what we got. From the moment we arrived, we felt so welcome by Nikos and his lovely team. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they were always around for a chat or to help out, but they also give guests loads of space to enjoy the stunning views and weather. The apartments are basic but clean and the pool is gorgeous. The restaurant was wonderful and really reasonable for such tasty food. There are also loads of wonderful gourmet tavernas in nearby villages or it's a short walk to supermarkets and other resorts where you can find pretty much whatever you want - watersports, bars, restaurants etc.
We loved our stay at the Oceanis and would definitely like to go back - it was really good value for money and we would recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing break in a fantastically friendly environment.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2008

A grate location if you are especially looking to relax. The hotel is in Barbati a quite area in Corfu with beautiful panoramas. Imagine getting up in the morning, seeing the turquoise water from your balcony, having a good breakfast on the terrace and after that having a beach allmost to yourself. The beach is natural, with rocks and sand, small and intimate. 6 people and it means crowded :) The staff and Nikos, the owner, are grate people and treats guests very very nice. The food was excellent, in fact nowhere in Corfu ive eaten better. The only thing i hates was that ugly cat.. Hope is gone!

About Corfu, the things you should be prepared for:
- you should come by car or rent one if you want to go outside of Barbati. We have seen all Corfu and i strongly recommended you too, there are beautiful places to see
- most beaches have rocks in the water, use special shoes
- there are some little bugs in the olive trees that makes a lot of noise, luckily they sleep at night. Enjoy Corfu!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank Oanafabi
Reviewed 23 September 2008

I don't usually write reviews, but my experience with the Oceanis hotel and taverna just forced me to do so.

It was the first time for me to travel on my own, so I was a little nervous whether my email reservation was enough. But the moment I've arrived, all doubts were gone. Nikos (the owner ) took me right away to my apartment ( btw. No 103) with probably the best view of all Corfu.

The only thing better than the view was the food. It was fantastic. Not only is it the great greek cuisine, but the cook also just knew what he was doing! I recommend the Kleftiko and Sofrito . And as a bonus, every guest gets a cake at the end ! Served by an attractive and sympathetic waiter ( Michael, or something like that), I just couldn’t relax more. I wanted to visit all Corfu, but at the end, I stayed only at the hotel (a small beach is just underneath the hotel).

I stayed at the Oceanis Barbati for a whole week, and I know for sure, that next year I’ll be back!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 September 2008

We have just returned from a fantastic week at the Oceanis Rooms in Barbati, Corfu. The apartments are located in a picturesque setting, suspended above the sea at the foot of Mount Pantokrator. The views from all areas of the hotel are spectacular, the hosts are gracious and accommodating, and the food at the restaurant is excellent. The room we stayed in was basic but entirely adequate, clean and comfortable, not to mention great value for money at the price. The hotel has direct access to a small private beach, and is near enough to a number of organised beaches (our favourite was Nautilus beach in Barbati, about half a kilometre south of the Oceanis Rooms). In addition, a good selection of restaurants and supermarkets are in close proximity. I would definitely recommend the Oceanis Rooms and look forward to returning for another visit soon!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank psychologist_79
Reviewed 21 September 2008

i totally agree with the majority of reviewers that this is a beautiful location with stunning views.along with the hospitality of nikos &iliana this was a superb holiday.there was a wide range of food to choose from the menu and it was spot on.the road was a bit hairy to walk down so we walked into barbati during the day and dined at the apartments on evenings.why eat anywhere else when you have those views and good grub.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barbati
Pantokrator Hotel
Nautilus Hotel
Nautilus Hotel
#3 of 5 in Barbati
Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa

Been to Oceanis Rooms Apartments? Share your experiences!