“Good value for money & great location”
Review of Nautilus Hotel

Nautilus Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Barbati
Reviewed 19 May 2009

The hotel is very good value for money, great location, and very friendly stuff.
The all inclusive package has good food varation, drinks included brandy, coctails, ouzo etc, so something for everyone.
Stamatis, Magda & katerina where very friendly to everyone, even when some guests behaved very badly when they got drank.
the private waterfront, is absolutely fantastic, very clear water, they also give free canoes, and free sunbeds.
there is a free minibus service which takes the guests to barbati beach or ipsos for nightlife in the evening.
so all and all the hotel is very good value for money, because of its location, its condition (they told me it was recently renovated).

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank patricefavorites
There are newer reviews for Nautilus Hotel

Reviewed 20 November 2008

i visited this hotel on the 22nd september with my girlfriend, i didnt read the reviews until a couple of days before we left and i was tempted not to go.
When we arrived it was really late and we got offered something to eat and drink which was very good of them considering it was 5am!! All in all our stay was very enjoyable because of some of the great people you meet and of course there are going to be wasps!! take some wasp repelent? the food was standard and so was the drink selection BUT for the price you pay to stay there i couldnt fault it, if you want better service and food etc pay more money and stay some where else rather than reading the reviews before you book and then still go and moan about it when you get back, i would go again if it was the same price,

4  Thank redmonkeyboy
Reviewed 1 October 2008

I'm a 17 year old girl so hopefully you can see the holiday from someone else's view seeing as almost every adult on here seems to moan.

Even I know that Greek hotels are basic! Having been to Greece 4 times in the past I can adivse you that 4* is more likely to be 3* so if you're expecting luxury, don't go to Greece!

And if you do... don't moan about it after wards! Maybe people should have a look at where they're actually going instead of moaning because they didn't get the holiday they wanted.

First of all.. my holiday was amazing. Yes there were quite a lot of wasps, but they go away if you just don't react to them!

That and the climb up to breakfast every morning were the only bad things.

The food was perfectly edible, there was a wide variety of choice, I am vegetarian and found I had several choices of food every day! Drinks are free all day and they even do a different house cocktail every night from 8-11. Also, they served cakes every day from 4-6. And children got free ice creams.

They had a decking area where you could sunbathe or jump into the sea and swim with the fish. As well as this they had a huge pool, by the bar and tons of sunbeds around.

The climb up to breakfast which everyone seems to moan about really wasn't a big issue. It took 5 mins max and by the time you've done it a few times you don't feel as tired.

The staff were very friendly. Although Statanksi did try to get a little too friendly with me. But apart from that they were all constantly smiling and wanting to chat.

The hotel also provided a cinema room which was cool, nice place to get away from the heat, which played a different dvd every night. While we were there they played: Indiana Jones and the crystal skull, mr and mrs smith, mamma mia, the bee movie, casino royale etc.

There was a bus stop directly outside the hotel which provided a bus once an hour to take you to Kassiopi, Barbati, Ipsos or Corfu Town. So it was easy to get around, although as everyone knows, with Greek time the buses were of course quite late. 20 mins max though.

Our room was amazing, with the best view i've ever seen. If you're fussy about the heat then you can pay for air con. The room was cleaned every day and perfectly suitable to stay in.

The hotel also provided a pool table, the cinema room, a table tennis area, various seating areas, the decking by the sea and free canoe or snorkel hire.

Would not recommend going into Ipsos as it was full of nightclubs. But you should definately visit Corfu Town, we went twice, and Kassiopi. Also you MUST go to Barbati beach!! Nikos will drive you down there in the mini bus and pick you up again. It's a lovely lovely lovely award winning beach with a nice little cafe called la riviera.

So anyway, I would definately recommend this hotel. I went with my mum and my younger brother who is 13. We all had a really great time and I still miss Corfu loads even though i've been back for over a month now!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank beb4
Reviewed 29 September 2008

do not book this hotel it is not worth the money.... me & my boyfriend aged 19, 20 arrived around 12pm thursday 18.09.08 to find the most basic room, wasps every where floating in the food all over the bar EVERY WHERE food was disgusting we were all inclusive but ate out every day. i would advise u not to book this hotel as i regret it. and the staff are very GRUMPY this is not a 4* hotel i would call it a 1*

yasemin & bradley

1  Thank yasemin20
Reviewed 29 September 2008

Just got back from a 10 day stay at the Nautilus Beach Hotel - although we didn't see a beach - as the Hotel is on the side of a very steep hill, they had put in decking for those people wanting to swim in the sea. We didn't try this as the 'beach' bar wasn't open very often and it was a VERY steep walk down. If I were to say that we would have got an early flight home after 4 days if we could have done, that will tell you how bad it was.

Wasps, wasps wasps everywhere. Drinks had to be covered if you didn't want a meal of wasps with your drink.

The food - guess it is covered in immodium to avoid people getting sick. As stated in previous reviews breakfast was limited - the only edible things being the boiled eggs or cereals as the wasps had sampled everything else before you get to it. Lunch was 2 dishes - either 2 meat or 1 meat & 1 fish - chips and vegetables. For pudding you had fruit (either nectarine or grapes with the ocassional apple). Dinner was pretty much the same, although they varied the content. We also foubd out that the food is not actually cooked on the premises - it is cooked elsewhere and 'shipped in' to the Hotel - that explains why everything was - well lets say less than hot!

The bar staff were rude and often left the bar unattended to go and have a fag or a chat with their mate. The only helpful person behind the bar was Katarina who worked until 3pm. The selection of drinks was awful for all inclusive. This was our 3rd all inclusive holiday but definitely the worst. At the other hotels - which were just as reasonably priced as this one - we got a wide selection of drinks and much better food selection. One of these was in Kos and one in Portugal.

Would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. It has put us off even visiting Corfu again.

1  Thank UnhappyDee
Reviewed 16 September 2008

We arrived around about 10ish at night to an ok welcome from manuel alike looking man who went through all the necessary details of our stay. We got a little bus down to our room which was driven by Nikos who was chatty and he even carried our bags for us.The room was basic but thats all you need cos all you do is sleep in it as really. Yes there was a steep walk up to the pool and bar area but you get a good work out and half way there was a kids play area which we managed to entertain ourselves for a while. The beer wasnt very strong but if it was you would miss half the holiday drunk as we went all inclusive. The views are fantastic and the locals were friendly enough. Nikos, Stamatis and Katarina were very friendly even though their english wasnt very good. Food was nice and there was quite a wide selection. The room was cleaned every day and even tidied (as my partner never picks his mess up). There is no local shop but Barbati was only the shuttle bus away and the beach was nice there aswell. Nikos or Stamatis would drive you down there free of charge and even wait for you if you just wanted to pop in the shop for cigs etc. Best holiday for relaxing, but good fun!!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank trixiemitch
Reviewed 15 September 2008

Like others before, I had also paid for the holiday and then foolishly decided to read the reviews! However, I still tried my best to keep an open mind. I arrived alone with my two young children at midnight. The hotel is literally half way up a cliffside and lighting is limited. The hotel owner isnt exactly cheery and he was becoming increasingly frustrated with me because I didnt have 'the voucher, the voucher'? He gave up and then pointed to the noddy bus, which was to be our transportation to our room .. which was 1/2 mile down the cliff along a dirt track. The room was very basic and had been 'extended' by the erection of what could only be described as an 'outhouse'. This is where my children of 2 & 4 were supposed to sleep in the pull out bed, in an area that had no air conditioning (it was 32 degrees) and the door wouldnt lock. The door that incidentally led out onto a balcony on which the wall was barely 2 feet high and which overlooked a 70 ft drop! In addition, to the right of our balcony was an area of wasteland housing an old boat, several metres of hose, broken glass etc! After a sleepless night, I set off on my steep uphill journey to the restaurant for breakfast. The wasps were a big problem and breakfast was abandoned. I spoke to the rep first thing and demanded to be moved as it was blatantly apparent that IMPERIAL TRAVEL LTD had totally mis-sold this holiday to me. It is not a 4 star by anybodies standards and it is not suitable at all for young children.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barbati
Mareblue Beach Resort
Corfu Holiday Palace
Ipsos Beach
Ipsos Beach
#4 of 7 in Ipsos

Been to Nautilus Hotel? Share your experiences!