Akrotiri Beach Hotel
US$42
Odysseus Hotel(Paleokastritsa)
US$90
US$87
Angel's Pool Bar Apartments(Paleokastritsa)(Great Value!)
US$65
  • Breakfast included
Ipsia Apartments(Paleokastritsa)
Fundana Villas(Paleokastritsa)
  • Pool
All reviewssuperior roomrocky beachhalf boardinfinity poolcorfu townstunning viewsakron beach barevening mealbar terracefifth flooramazing hotelbalcony doorvisited this hotelyogurtsteep stepsmobility issuesbit dated
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Before we left the reviews were not very good. The rooms were clean, furniture was old but looked ok. The bathroom was renovated and that was nice.

What I liked about the hotel was that the staff was very nice and helpful.
The breakfast was not great but you could eat something instead of going to the beach with an empty stomach.
Dinner was nice, it varied, although it took a long time to be served. I whould rather have everything served at once.

All in all it was a very nice vacation.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank whisperitza
Reviewed 7 August 2010

Akrotiri is pretty far off the beaten path, but the beach is amazing so it's worth the haul.

Check-in was seamless, and I always love being able to check in early, though I know it can't always be an option.

With 24 hours on this lovely island, I checked in and immediately went down to the beach for breakfast. There are a few options, and Corfu provided the cheapest food I found in Greece. Once sated, I rented a power boat for the day and tooled around. What a great option! Right there on the Akrotiri beach, you can rent a little power boat where you can drop anchor wherever you want. I did this, and swam to a neighboring beach bar.

I also took a swim at the private beach for hotel guests. It's rocky (no sand), but gorgeous, and quiet.

I finished off the daylight hours enjoying a cocktail on the beach.

The service was fantastic, location excellent. The only downside was the dinner at the hotel (not included). It wasn't delicious, and felt a bit institutional. If I had it to do over again, I'd eat dinner on the beach and go back up to the hotel for drinks on the patio, which were *excellent*.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Phreddiva
Reviewed 24 July 2010

Just returned from an excellent 1 week holiday here. After reading some reviews we went with mixed expectations, especially as we booked half board, as bed and breakfast did not seem to be an option, however, we need not have been concerned.
The superior room was excellent, and the view absolutely amazing. The staff were very friendly & helpful, one even offered to walk us to the bus stop when we asked where it was! The food was basic, but we did not feel the need to eat elsewhere.
The pool area was nice, but we opted for the beach, as prefer the sea, 2 sun beds and an umberella costs 8 euros for the day, take your beach shoes though.The snorkelling from the platform on the other side of the hotel was great and well worth doing.
The village was nice, quiet and relaxed in the evenings. This hotel has plenty of charm and character, we have stayed in 5 star hotels and the service here was far superior, and the hotel much better value for money.

2  Thank simon_adele
Reviewed 7 July 2010

We stayed for 11 nights on a B&B basis, having read previous coments about the evening meals, so we had the flexibility to eat out. The Superior room was clean, comfortable and had wonderful views from a totally private balcony, but bathroom were rather small. The breakfast/dining room was also light, airy and peaceful with great views and a terrace. The west terrace is a great place to relax with a drink in the evening and watch the sunsets. The pool area has been totally revamped and has loungers on several levels, excellent pool, snack bar and clean changing facilities and toilets.

Breakfast was OK but same every day, fruit juices and coffee left a lot to be desired and hot water was not hot enough to make a decent cup of tea. Evening meals cost 12.5euros for 4 courses, not great - (much better in local tavernas), and very Greek, so no options for 'picky' kids who might want a pizza.

It's a lovely 20 mins walk round to the harbour and the next bay, but there is very little to do here. If you want a place packed with Brits in football shirts with discos for teenagers, head for Sidari. If you want to read, swim and relax in more refined surrounding, this really is the 'jewel' of Corfu. Good idea to hire a car to visit nearby smaller resorts and coves. Taxi from airport costs about 38-40 euros.

3  Thank RNR59
Reviewed 29 June 2010

We stayed at the Akrotiri Beach Hotel for one week at the end of June, and we both loved it. This is our first time in this Hotel, and in Corfu, but it certainly won't be our last, it was a really fantastic week. Everyone else has pretty much said what I feel about this Hotel, although I really don't find it that dated, the new pool and bar area are stunning, there were plenty of sunbeds and there is also now a jacuzzi. The views as you look out from the edge of the pool are just breathtaking, as they are from pretty much everywhere else in this hotel. The staff are lovely, and good fun, they really do make you feel welcome, and it is lovely to have someone bring drinks to your sunbed. The pebble beach is very nice, but a little busy for our tastes as we like peace and quiet, so we preferred the platforms built into the cliff at the back of the hotel. The sunbeds here are free to use, although there is no shade here at all. The highlight for me was the snorkelling, I was stunned by the beautiful undersea world that I discovered here, you enter the sea via a rusty ladder, and it is very, very deep straight away, so only for strong, confident swimmers. There are large fish that seem pretty tame swimming in great shoals that you can see straight away, this is by far the best place I have ever been snorkelling in my life, I highly recommend it.
The only bad point was the food, we love sampling local dishes, and as we love our food and I really enjoy cooking maybe we are a bit fussy, but the food here is pretty terrible. We only got real Greek food on a couple of nights, there was loads of Sauerkraut, Italian pastas and French main courses. The menus were wildy innacurate, but very inventive, for example 'Wild Suckling pig' was a pork stew and the 'Filet Mignon' was two wafer thin, dried out pieces of unknown meat, possibly veal, with a thin, salty gravy. If we go again we will eat at the Nereids Restaurant a few yards down the road, the food here was extremely cheap, the produce was local and fresh and beautifully cooked, the staff were friendly, and the setting delightful. I recommend the Greek night as it is very good fun, we were all given plates to smash, and asked to dance.
Paleo is a pretty, natural looking place, there are plenty of little shops and restaurants dotted around, and to our delight not a single 'Drunk corner' bar showing 'Eastenders', Macdonalds or nightclub, if you like that sort of thing Paleo is not for you, you will be really bored!