“Had a great time here”
Review of Arianna

Arianna
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Paleokastritsa
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

This is my first time to corfu. On arriving met Christos and Katarina who were friendly. Our apartment was basic yes but this is true throughout Greece and it was clean and just what we needed as we were not going to be staying in the room much. Why would you when there is such beautiful scenery all around paleokastritsa. I know the owners have had some right miserable and rude people there who have made it their duty to put this place down and their owners. They work hard and try to do what they can for you to enjoy your stay.
Had a lovely time here, some great laughs with great people. I would return here, as many others have done so that speaks for itself. For a holiday Virgin I had a really great time!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Matt W

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Been to lots of Greek Islands and don't expect apats to be of a high standard BUT the arianna was very poor. Our room was dirty with huge cobwebs and lots of mould. We both got badly bit especially when in bed. The owners were nice enough but need to spend more time cleaning!!! Would I go back.........NO!!!!

12  Thank Robert H
Reviewed 25 September 2013

second time this year and not let down, beautiful family, so friendly, excellent staff, fantastic food, brilliant greek night, great views, spot on location. how mowgley can review this place so bad is beyond me they obviously just enjoy moaning this place is the best, in the best place, with the best food

3  Thank Ge0ff1963
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This was my second time visiting Corfu, me and my boyfriend were looking for something cheap, which was what we got, rooms were very basic but satisfactory, nice sized kitchen and bathroom, the apartments are about a 5 minute walk from the beach, which has beautiful views. We didn't eat at the apartments which I feel annoyed the owners, which meant they didn't pay us any attention at all which I was very disappointed with! No happy welcome or goodbye.... Overall the location was beautiful, food was brilliant in paleokastritsa but the accommodation was basic and hosts were very unfriendly

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Emilyclaarke
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We have just come home from spending a lovely week at the Arianna. We arrived to a warm welcome and were shown to our room, it was basic but no more than other apartments we have stayed in. The room was not large but was clean and adequate for our needs and had a beautiful view from the balcony. We had requested not to be given a room overlooking the pool and were happy that they had obviously done this.
We found the owners very friendly and helpful, when the waste pipe in our bathroom split it was quickly replaced. the bins were emptied every couple of days.
I have read many other reviews from people who feel that they were bullied into eating there or shunned if they didn't. We only ate there once, which was on Greek night and the food was nice and very good value and they also catered to our dietary needs - vegetarian and vegan. We ate out the rest of the time and would just have one or two drinks there each evening. They never tried to make us eat there more and were friendly even though they weren't getting much of our money!
We had friends staying in another resort and Christos invited them to come and stay a night for free which meant we could spend a lovely evening together and have a long day out the next day. The room they were given was lovely and huge! He also helped arrange boat hire for us and we got a great deal, which included being picked up and dropped back at the apartments.
All in all we had a really nice stay and would recommend it to others, but would suggest that you request rooms off the ground floor for a better view - rooms 9 - 12 all have great views!

Room Tip: Rooms 9 - 12 have great views!
1  Thank BigTribe
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My husband & I stayed for 10 days beginning of Sept 2013. Having read the reviews we felt we knew what to expect, we were not disappointed...yes our room (room 8) was very basic and in need of some updating but for what we paid that was all we expected and we spent very little time there.We had no intention of using the kitchen other than a cuppa in the morning, the pool is lovely, clean and quiet.Someone was always on hand to see to our needs ie drinks, food etc. We arrived quite late and were very hungry but Katrina didnt hesitate to cook us pizza and chips. We ate there on many occasions and the food was very tasty. We had a wonderful holiday and the would not hesitate to stay there again. Katrina, Christos and Christina are wonderful hosts who work very hard to make sure you enjoy yourselves.Thanks guys

1  Thank Julesh44
Reviewed 18 September 2013

First of all I would like to say how beautiful Paleokastritsa is and that I have been here before but never stayed at the Arianna so I am totally aware of basic in Greece.

Me and my partner booked this holiday for our honeymoon as the owners of the Arianna seemed very friendly and promised us the best 2 weeks ever as we contacted the family of the apartments before we went to ask if it was possible to have a nice room as it was a special occasion. I received some lovely emails back from the family promising us a lovely room with pool views (pics emailed of room 18) and that this is the place we should stay.

Well ?

Arriving on our first evening we went to the bar to meet the family who seem to be very nice.

We were helped with our suitcases and taken to our room :o (OMG) our smiles soon faded we were handed a key for room no5 when we went in BASIC was something else. Me and my new husband were mortified. ( please email me for pics of room and complex)

The room was so small and on the lower part of the complex it was dark and cramped with 2 twin beds (Yep 2 twin beds for a newly married couple) with dirty sheets and pillows, the kitchen area (if you can call it that) was dirty and had a dirty 2 hob cooker which only one ring worked. There was 1 cup, 1 pan, 2 folks and 2 plates. How we were suppose to self cater is beyond me.

The patio doors were all broken and cracked as were the patio chairs.

The view was facing the dreaded steep hill and mounds of bushes.

If the dirty apartment was not enough, over the next couple of days we found the family started to be nasty about other residents staying at the apartments, which I found to be very unprofessional. One family member in particular was Christos as the days went on we found him very rude and insulting.

As it was our honeymoon me and my new husband wanted to see as much as we could over the course of our holiday and was there to enjoy ourselves without our 2 children but Christos did not really understand this and continuously told us we should stay in his bar to eat and drink and spend money nowhere else, as he has a family to feed (may I add a grown up family who should be looking after themselves). Christos became very rude as our holiday went on and constantly tried to bully us into staying in his apartments and talking behind the backs of other guest. Of course in the end we completely stayed away and went elsewhere.

Overall the honeymoon was a complete nightmare and I could not wait to go home but the best thing about it was meeting some other guest who were staying there and enjoyed many nights eating out with them and them getting us away from the Arianna.

Would I go back? Yes to Paleokastritsa its a beautiful place with beautiful beaches and greenery

Arianna Apartments? Hell No

Also most of the comments I have noticed on here with the good reviews are from his friends who return time again and who get the nice rooms at the top part of the complex because they spend all there time in his bar spending cash and that's why he's nice to them!

We have lots of photos of the room and complex feel free to email us.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
22  Thank Rologirl79
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paleokastritsa
Ipsia Apartments
#176 of 404 in Corfu
Fundana Villas
Fundana Villas
#12 of 13 in Paleokastritsa

Been to Arianna? Share your experiences!