“Cheap basic apartments ...”
Review of Arianna

and 1 more site!
Arianna
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Paleokastritsa
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Cheap basic apartments close to the harbour and main beach, set in the middle of olive groves although up a steep incline so not the best if you have walking difficulties.
Rooms a little dated but clean the kitchenette, as advertised, suitable for basic meals, breakfast / lunch but not probably for an evening meal.The bathroom would have benefited from a deep clean some of the grouting mouldy. Didn't use the air-con thought a little expensive.
The pool was always pristine and encouraged to sample the figs growing around the property.
Ate several times at the apartments loved the greek salad, can't find a feta cheese as nice back home, found the meals good usually got a complimentary desert and value for money compared to other restaurants although don't expect a large menu just the one dish would be cooked fresh each day, unless you wanted a snack.
After a stroll around the village we'd spend an evening on the balcony with a bottle of ouzo or a few beers.
Take Christos as you find him, he'd have the odd grumble we never took him seriously and does try to please his guests, although if you do spend a little he tends to give you more attention.
These are cheap basic apartments a good base to discover Paleokastritsa and the surrounding area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank D38RA

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I like to think I am fair in writing my reviews. I stayed at the Arianna apartments for one week. I had sole occupancy of a studio which was quite spacious and had a small kitchen area and separate fairly basic shower room with hand held shower. The view from the sizeable balcony terrace was pleasant with views over the countryside and in the distance you could see the sea. The food options within the bar restaurant were quite limited but I have no cause for complaint about the quality of the food, other than that it was fairly generic and somewhat overpriced when compared with the neighbouring restaurants. I get the impression here that its worth going into a better restaurant and paying a little more as it warrants the price. As I stress, the food was ok but on the three nights I ate there I would put it in the café category and when you are paying not much less than in some of the better restaurants it becomes expensive. When I read reviews of Kristina's Greek cooking I was expecting more authentic dishes on the lines of Kleftico or mousaaka. I paid close to 20 euros one night for spaghetti with a kind of meat sauce, greek salad and a beer. When i came to pay, their daughter held up her hands and counted how much I had to pay as she spoke little English. I am still unsure of exactly how much it was as there was no interaction in the transaction and she appeared to be running out of change, gave it to me in loose change and dropped some on the floor. There is little or no atmosphere in the bar area but this could change in the summer. The family appear rather clannish and interact little with the guests, but are nonetheless quite pleasant and approachable. What needs to bore in mind here is that the nearby smart Apollon Hotel and Restaurant offers a set three course menu for 12 euros. I went with friends one night and we ate from the premium menu which for three courses including drinks came to 32 euros each. The quality was excellent. I feel I shouldn't be criticising but we are all on a hard earned holiday and want the best from it. On a positive note, the apartments are attractively situated and the location will appeal to walkers as it is parallel with the village (Landones?) on top of the hill, home to the golden fox which has an infinity pool (free to use as far as we could tell) and breath taking panoramic views. The walkway is quite steep but a really beautiful place.. The Arianna pool is worthy of special mention. It is pristinely maintained and surrounded by pleasant terraces. People with mobility issues may find access difficult as there are steps into the bar area and the property is reached via a steep lane. It is close to the resort and beach which is quite level at this end of the resort. These apartments/studios are good value, as pointed out by other reviewers. However, there are other options in this price category. I haver no complaints about room maintenance. It is no worse that other places I heard about whilst staying here and are probably larger than average.

Room Tip: Not recommended for people with mobility issues. Approached by a steep lane. Steps up to bar area. I...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank maruss40
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Hello dear friends i do not agree wifh hte girl who wrote so many lies. I benn third time to Arianna.
6 euror per day the airco i do not think it is expensive.
The rooms are nice and clean the cleaner comes erery second day.
Christos and Katerina they ar friendly and nice.Katerina cooks every day really fresh and very fasty. The beach is 250 metres from Arianna.
I do not think that someone who knows what they baid as 44 bound for 10 days what they expect 5 stars hotel .I come back to Arianna!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Me and my husband stayed there for ten days. Our room was really cold, look like a dungeon, DIRTY, just terrible. We had service once for ten days. If you want to use the air-con, you have to pay 5 euros per night. I havent seen so basic accommodation since the late 1990s. The Tv wasnt working. The bathroom was awful and smelly. The drain was blocked, as many other people have mentioned it already.There was no wi-fi access in the room, only at the pool and bar area, which in my opinion has been set up like this on purpose. The owner Christos was really nice with us for the first couple of days, but when we didnt eat at his place, he changed his attitude and he was cursing the british people and everyone else,not liking his food, talking behind their back,etc....... he is just a really intimidating, short person.And if you happen to talk to him, he will complain about his business and his guests all the time.
There is no price list at the bar!
We also had included breakfast, which we skipped twice, as we were waiting for more than 15 minutes for someone to show up at the bar. I do not recommend the breakfast, it is really basic-ham and cheese, jam and butter- as you can find really delicious food in the restaurants by the beach and they are not expensive.
The so called kitchen area is small and dirty and if you want to use some of the plates or else, wash them first yourself!
If you can afford yourself to pay a bit more for accommodation, just do it !
One more thing, which was quite annoying, every morning we were woken by the constant slamming of the doors by the staff and in the evening is actually the same, just terrible!

Room Tip: dont go there at all
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank k2dc75
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We arrived at the Arianna after reading mixed reviews. Fabulous place, lovely if basic apartments, with a fantastic sea view. Great hospitality, and the rooms were cleaned most days. Superb value for money, and would definately go back. Thankyou Kristos and Katerina for a beautiful holiday

Room Tip: Rooms 9 - 12 have the most fantastic views
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank onyxlancashire
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Christos and Katerina are very friendly and welcoming. Katerina is a great cook and makes eating in very good value for money. There are better but more expensive restaurants in Paleokastritsa, but if you are on a budget as we were, then you can have fresh and very tasty traditional Greek home cooking every night you're there.The bar prices are very good and Christos does a fabulous barbecue to order, and there is also musical entertainment.
The accommodation is very basic, but we had a twin self catering set of rooms with 2 balconies, and beautiful views of the sea,olive groves and local hilltop monastery. As we were there at the beginning of the season, the apartments were not fully occupied, and so we had the swimming pool almost to ourselves most of the time.If you want a quiet holiday,go at the very beginning or end of the season, as we were told it gets very busy and noisy during the high season.

Room Tip: Ask in advance for a room overlooking the sea and not the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martin D
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I came here with my friend Valerie last year, we were immediately made to feel welcome and greeted by the owners Kristos and Katriana. This a family run place and you are very much made to feel like part of the family. The other guests were all lovely too and we all got along great spending many nights together enjoying Katriana's homemade meals which were beautiful and entertainment from Kristos with music and dancing. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend it to others!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank AmyKate14
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paleokastritsa
Akrotiri Beach Hotel
#11 of 39 in Sidari
Odysseus Hotel
Odysseus Hotel
#3 of 13 in Paleokastritsa

Been to Arianna? Share your experiences!