“This place is fantastic!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Equiturismo Podere Palazzone

Equiturismo Podere Palazzone
Ranked #5 of 9 things to do in Pomarance
More attraction details
Owner description: Horse riding holiday through some of the most breathtaking hillside of Tuscany on Hanoverian horses: Horse trekking in Tuscany's biggest natural reserve and "horse bath" in the canyon of the Cecina river. Refreshing in summer and pleasant in spring, autumn, winter. Riding school for beginners and mature horsemen. Farmhouse accomodation in the surroundings with b&b or self catering.
Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“This place is fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2010

We had a wonderful four night stay at Podere Palazzone in October 2010 . We stayed in the two bedroom apartment on the first floor. The Tuscan farmhouse is restored, spotlessly clean, and the surrounding countryside is lovely. My daughter enjoyed her horseback riding with Enrico and the other farmhouse guests on their awesome horses. The farm is very relaxing and close to many lovely hill towns that make perfect day trips. The family/owners are very pleasant and did so much to help us during our stay. Our car broke down on our way to the farm and Enrico came to our rescue. He drove us back to the farm, assisted us when the tow truck came, help us secure another vehicle rental in Pomerance and drove us to catch our train in a neighboring town on our day of departure. I can't say enough about their generousity and good will. I would highly recommend.

4 Thank Ggirls

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Pamelaann82
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2010

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful time riding with and staying at Podere Palazzone. We went for a 3-hour ride with Enrico in the afternoon, which was a wonderful way to see the countryside. There wasn't a whole lot blooming in March, but it was still incredible scenery. We stayed overnight in their incredible farmhouse. It was very comfortable despite its age. The grounds are basically a pastoral wonderland - they grow their own olives and wine grapes, and the field outside the farmhouse overlooks a valley and you can see all the way to Volterra. We basically ran around with their dogs, cats, and kids all afternoon, and then had an amazing three course dinner cooked by Enrico's wife, who is an expert cook. The horses are friendly, well cared for, and of a quality you don't usually get on trail rides in the States. These are no barn nags! But they are great mounts even for beginners.

For two city-dwellers, it was an amazing experience to get outside and spend the day on the farm. I wish we'd had more time there! Would definitely do it again, highly recommended!

2 Thank Pamelaann82
Wales
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2010

Most importantly, the horses are wonderful. They are well schooled and their temperaments are good. The owners are friendly, helpful and very pleasant. They are knowledgeable about horses and about the area. So it's like taking a guided tour with conversation about the history of the area, the people, the wildlife, the architecture etc., but on horseback.
The scenery is stunningly beautiful of course, and part of our route was through protected and unspoilt forest where nobody else is allowed to go. We crossed two rivers, which the horses enjoy very much!
We were there in October and I can say that it was perfect. Plenty warm enough for a t-shirt but not too hot to be comfortable or too troubled by insects. Also, the countryside was starting to look greener again after the summer heat.
Our guide was wonderful and took great care to match my husband (who does not ride) with a solid and safe mount, and pace the ride to suit his needs. As a rider, I was completely happy with my horse too. We talked a lot and laughed a lot. Enrico's English is excellent and he has a great sense of humour.
I thoroughly recommend this as a wonderful way to see Tuscany and appreciate the countryside while enjoying being on horseback in good company.
I very much hope to return, but for longer next time.
Liz Jones - Wales