“"Great Location on a very Special Island and good value."”
Review of Dafnoudi Hotel

Dafnoudi Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Fiscardo
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed for six nights and would have loved to have stayed longer in the peaceful Antipata village of Erissos, some 2.5kms from the main town of Fiskardo to the East. I was allocated Apartment 6, a spacious, comfortable, clean, and well equipped with a balcony view out to the hazy blue Ionian Sea. A bottle of wine awaits you which is a nice gesture. It is cleaned on a daily basis. There is a good (free) Wi-Fi signal across the site, now essential for the traveller.

The owners are attentive, helpful and make you very welcome. The staff just excellent and friendly – Kelly on reception and Sofie looking after you at breakfasts as well as looking after one area of Apartments. I had breakfast on the terrace each morning and did enjoy the food. The Greek yogurt (grandmother’s recipe) is the best I have ever tasted and combined with local fruit – you cannot get better. Sofie’s omelettes – also very special.

The village has two restaurants, a mini-market, gift shop and an excellent café called “Picnic” (five minutes walk). I got an enjoyable packed lunch the day I climbed Mt Ainos (1,632m), the highest point on the Ionian Islands. "To Pefko" the restaurant/bar I used is excellent serving many authentic and well cooked Greek food. It also sells Myhos beer which is good. This restaurant features in “Walk & Eat Kefalonia” (published by Sunflower Books – www.sunflowerbooks.co.uk) – a very informative book on the Island. If you want a good map go for – Anavasi Maps (www.amazon.co.uk)

There are lots of well sign posted local walks and many more further afield and I did a lot of these as well as walking to three beaches – Dafnoudi, Kymilia and Embissi – all well worth the walk. The scenery all around the Island is just stunning.

If you are to travel to the North of the Island I would hire a car from the Airport as to take a taxi is very expensive.

For me a wonderful relaxing holiday before I flew to Athens. Do not miss out on the wonderful Island of Kefalonia.

Room Tip: Go for room 6.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Fraser M

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Nice hotel, not too expensive. You reach Fiscardo in 5 minutes by car. Near the hotel (2 minutes walk), you have 2 excellent typical taverns. This hotel is quiet and clean, and the owner is very friendly and give you all the information you need.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed 5 nights at Dafnoudi for my friend's wedding in Fiskardo this month, the stay was excellent. Kelly, the woman at reception, was very friendly and helpful and the owner himself was also extremely helpful in accommodating some difficult requirements I had for my stay. The apartment itself was very big and spacious, contained everything I could possibly need (safe big enough for my laptop, ironing board and iron, lots of storage space, balcony overlooking the pool area, cooking facilities - oven, hob, fridge etc) and I was pleasantly surprised to be welcomed with a bottle of complimentary wine on arrival. Each day my room was cleaned to an excellent standard and the cleaners were very non-intrusive when I was actually inside. The bar was great and, again, the staff there were extremely friendly and welcoming. Close to the apartments is a mini-market, restaurant and cafe (where the food is excellent). I did not try the breakfast or fitness centre so cannot comment on these. It is probably best to hire a car if you intend to visit lots of other areas of the island, although taxis to Fiskardo Harbour are only 5 Euros so if you don't intend to go far then taxis will be sufficient.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nushkins
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Me and my partner spent 3 nights at this wonderful hotel in may. The staff were so friendly, the room was tidy and clean, the bed was so comfortable and the location was perfect for a quiet peaceful holiday. Great location just a 5 min cab ride from the harbour. Amazing restaurants and scenery.
On our arrival home we realised we had left my partners chain in the hotel safe, we contacted the hotel who sent us the chain here in the UK. We were stunned at how helpful the staff had been , it was so refreshing to see there are still some honest people around!! Amazing holiday overall!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I am happy to have stayed at this cute place. Situated next to the wonderful Fiskardo! Close to Myrto, Assos. The people working there will welcome you so warmly and take care of all your needs. Efi there is a darling! The rooms are like a doll house. Very clean and all the tools you'll need to cook a meal are there! Everybody should visit Dafnoudi! Value for money...just enjoy :)

Room Tip: all of them are wonderful. You can also contact the apartments. They will be happy to assist.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ReaGwyneth
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My husband and I returned from 12 nights at the Dafnoudi Hotel Apartments recently. We stayed in Apartment 4 which over looks the breakfast patio area. Our room was clean and the bed linen and towels were changed every 3 or 4 days. Breakfast was simple and sufficient. Ideally we would have appreciated some more variety. The pool area was quiet every day. Most days we enjoyed it to ourselves only sharing it with others at the end of the day when they returned from days out. The staff are friendly and helpful and very kindly washed our beach towels part way through our holiday for us. On the down side, our sleep wasn't great as the pillows were hard and uncomfortable. We didn't ask to change them and maybe could have done. There are 3 or 4 pebble beaches close by and we visited Dafnoudi and Jeruslaem beaches. The restaurant at Jerusalem beach is family run and worth a visit. We dived with Fiscardo Divers for the second time and they were once again professional and fun to dive with. All in all, a lovely relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed for 14 nights at Dafnoudi. A warm and informative welcome from Effie on reception was much appreciated on arrival. She pointed out places of interest and the many surrounding beaches (telling us those with tavernas). We stayed in Studio 1, a romantic and private room with a side balcony (sadly not great for watching the sunset, but great for privacy). The room was clean (cleaned every day with a change of linen every other day) and had a small clean bathroom. We opted for breakfast each day but in hindsight we could easy have bought our own in. There is plenty of off road parking and even in late July always a space to be found. The pool and gardens are very well maintained and a great place for a cool off after a day out. Sadly the pool bar was not fully utilised by guests and therefore was a little neglected. There is a great taverna 5 minutes walk down the road (The Stonehouse) we ate there many times and never had a bad meal. Only a short drive away is the beautiful harbour of Fiskardo. Many tavernas to choose from and to be honest reasonably priced. We thought it would be more expensive to eat here. The best food to be found is in the taverna on Jerusalem beach (a short drive south, right hand turn in Maganos) no menu, you have to go inside and choose from the dishes cooked that day! Our favourite beach was Dafnoudi, whilst there is a trek along a stony path, it is well worth it. There is so much to say and discover about this area of the island and another must is a boat trip to Ithica. We would thoroughly recommend the hotel and north part of the island to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jane T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fiscardo
Emelisse Art Hotel
#5 of 11 in Lixouri
Kefalonia Bay Palace
Kefalonia Bay Palace
#4 of 6 in Agia Efimia

Been to Dafnoudi Hotel? Share your experiences!