“Best place to stay in Corfu”
Review of Argo Studios

and 1 more site!
Argo Studios
Ranked #1 of 18 Benitses B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 February 2013

The best place to stay in Corfu. Spiros is a great host and Anne,though English, cooks the best Greek food on the island[great veggy options too].The Studios are a lovely oasis in the middle of the village. Benitses itself is a nice place to wander with some good bars and tavernas if you can drag yourself away from Anne and Spiros. I'd be staying there still but I fell in love with Corfu so much I bought my own place...

Room Tip: all the rooms have nice view over the pool and garden where you can watch the endlessly energetic Sp...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Andy M
argopool, Owner at Argo Studios, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Thanks Andy for taking the time to add a review. Although you now have your own property here on Corfu is great that you still come to see us to eat in the restaurant whenever you are here.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

I have known Anne and spiros for many years now and can honestly say that this is a wonderful place to stay..nothing is too much trouble for these two and the food is just wonderful whether you want Greek or English, their squid is the best I have tasted...so very tender. If you want to hire a car then Spiros is the man, they also arrange a taxi to meet you at the airport which is a blessing rather than having to wait with crowds for one. I can't praise this place highly enough, spotless accommodation, lovely helpful people, great food what more would you need?

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Lin artist H
argopool, Owner at Argo Studios, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Thank you we really appreciate that you have taken the time to write a review, hope to see you again this summer.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

My husband and I decided the Corfu Trail looked inviting and so we packed our bags and went. I was determined to see the flowers at their best so we were out of the official season and therefore had to carry all with us. It was April and 40 degrees! We lasted half a day. Someone generously offered us a lift to Lefkimi where we stayed a couple of nights, moving on (by bus) to Ag Georgios for a night. On the way down to the tip of the island to start the walk we had noticed that Benitses had reverted to its village character, and so aimed there the next night. We ended up at Argo Studios and never left till the flight home. The food is excellent. The rooms all have self catering facilities if needed. there is a pool. down the lane is a dairy type shop. On round the corner is a small grocers and on the front by the bus stop is a fresh fish stall every day. The buses are frequent into town for exploring the whole island. The decider for me was when Ann mentioned Book Club for Thursday lunchtimes. The bar is lined with paperbacks, so take one you don't want to bring back home. Oh, and there are many walks waiting to be done all around the back of Benitses.
We were there again this year, and I hope for many visits in the future.

Room Tip: We all have our own favourite rooms and so will not reveal which they are in case the become too pop...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank branchlines

Thanks for your review it's good to know what people see when they come to stay with us, you have summed up Benitses very well.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

We have stayed at Anne & Spiros for a few years now always look forward to going back.There is a pool to relax by a lovely bar every thing you want ,Benitsis is only a very short walk with the sea and bus stops on your door step.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anita N
Reviewed 9 February 2013

If you want a small , relaxing , chilled out , friendly place to stay with a great pool , amazing food and service , not forgetting the "entertainment" provided by the resident "Greek waiter" , then this is the place . Nothing is too much trouble for your hosts , and if you fancy a "sneaky drive" one morning then it is positively encouraged , as you will visit places on the island you never knew existed , with your host as taxi driver . I first came here in 2006 and have been every year since , and I can't imagine a year when I wont . Why should you come ? Well I can give you two very good reasons ... Anne and Spiros .

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Munchkin62
Reviewed 7 February 2013

My wife and I have been to stay with Spiros, Anne and the family 5 out of the last 6 years and we have booked to go again this year. I cannot speak highly enough of this friendly run apartments, swimming pool and restaurant. Anne is a wonderful cook and Spiros a great host and nothing is too much trouble for either of them. Their daughter Sophia is like mum and dad and joins in making it a real family business. Spiros's pride and joy is his swimming pool which he cleans every morning and it never really gets to busy. The rooms are always spotless and tidy with air conditioning as part of the package.
Anne arranges a taxi for us at the airport so there is no waiting around and we are always welcomed with a drink and a "welcome home" from them all. A must for anyone staying is a trip shopping with Spiros, you get to see some parts of Corfu Town and the Island you would not normally see, oh and of course the "sneaky drink" on the way back!
At night the restaurant comes to life with Spiros and his very many flickering candles which add to the atmosphere along with Anne's wonderful cooking. We very rarely eat anywhere else.
Our two daughters and their boyfriends have been and they loved their stay with one of our daughter going back three times.
Benitses is a lovely quiet resort (it has a few bars for the youngsters with us!) and the Argo appts are in their own little haven set back from the main road but only a few minutes walk from the main shops and taverners.
I never thought we would go back to the same place so many times but it really is home from home and I would recommend the Argo appts to anyone.

Barry and Anna Wills

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Barry W
Reviewed 6 February 2013

If you are looking for a place to relax with home cooked delicious food and wonderful hosts then the Argo Studios is the place for you. I stayed with my husband in September 2012 after stumbling across it the year before while visiting Benetsis. When we got to the airport a taxi was waiting for us as Anne and Spiros the owners can arrange this for you so there was no hanging around after the flight. Our studio was on the top floor and we had a balcony with a great view looking over the sea to mainland Greece. The studios have everything you need in them and come with air conditioning and they are clean and have plenty of space.

The pool is refreshing and Spiros cleans this every morning and takes pride in the appearance of all the areas. There are plenty of sunbeds and the nice thing is you don't have to get up at silly hours to put a towel on a bed, you can take a leisurely stroll down to the pool after breakfast and there are always sunbeds available.

There is a restuarant if you would like to eat at the Argo which my husband and I did everyday as the best food in Benetsis was being dished up here. Anne is an excellent cook and all food is cooked fresh on the premises by her. It is a happy relaxing atmoshphere and Anne and Spiros do everything to make your stay enjoyable, nothing is too much trouble, they are both wonderful hosts. We love the place so much that we are going back again this year which is something we wouldn't normally do and we are taking our relatives with us too.

A great place to stay and great value for money!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jo F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benitses
Bella Vista Hotel & Studios
Skevoulis Studios
Skevoulis Studios
#8 of 17 in Benitses
Elli-Marina Studios and Apartments

Been to Argo Studios? Share your experiences!