We got this on a 'secret hotel' from Last minute, and will never do it again! At best it's a 2star hotel.
Positive points: great views, large apartment, clean, good pool, friendly staff, air con.
Bad points: only the lobby/reception area is kept up to date, rooms are very dated, no minibar in rooms, cracked tiles, muddy seals round bath, towels had holes in them, we had 2showers in our suite, but to stand up in the shower you need to hold the shower head in one hand, no fixing brackets at head height?!! No wifi in rooms. We went half board, stayed for one meal in the eve and ate out for the rest of our 10 day stay. Eve meals are basic, we were put off by the tasteless fish, tinned vegetables. There is no choice in food, you arrive and get given what they've decided to cook. Hardly " a la carte" as advertised. We were asked the next day if we were eating there again, but they couldn't even tell us what was going to be for dinner. Breakfast is similarly poor, sometimes fresh bread, sometimes not, same with yoghurt. To start with we were given freshly cooked eggs, then when there were more people, we were left with rubberised eggs that were a few hours old and heated up. Very poor selection of breakfast food, squash, not juice, warm coffee etc... No evening entertainment, poolside drink were 5euros each, and awful English music playing whenever we went out, which they would not turn off, when we asked. The beds in the rooms have rock solid mattresses, which was good for my back, but bad for everything else that got pins and needles
If you have the misfortune of already having booked this hotel and you can't get your money back (like us) I suggest walking into Benitses and dining at Paxinos restaurant instead.
Everyone in Benitses knows Costa Blu is a rubbish hotel, having asked around, but the star system is self-governed so they've awarded themselves 5stars. Somehow. If we were going again, we'd book a bed and breakfast self-catering and eat out every night, and save about £500. Good luck!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For a perfect holiday with all the comforts choose your own suite in the most beautiful setting with magnificent sea views. The landscaped setting and feeling of privacy offers an atmosphere of relaxation that you can only find in "COSTA BLU." All our suites are spacious with their own verandas and sea view, over looking the gardens and facing the Greek Mainland. Besides the luxurious suites and wonderful sea view the Costa Blu Hotel offers plenty of facilities to make your holiday, one to remember. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Costa Blu Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Blu Hotel Benitses
- Costa Blu Hotel And Suites
- Ionian Hotel Corfu
- Costa Blu Hotel & Suites Corfu, Ionian Islands