I'm sorry to read and hear some of the experiences muted by clients recently staying at this hotel, because everyone deserves a great holiday. It's what we plan and save for, ready for that all important break, to kick back and recharge the batteries.
I guess it all depends on what you are looking for on your holiday, but I guess that as we came here last year, we knew the hotel's limitations, and weighed that up with some of it's great strengths.
I would agree with almost all gone before, that breakfast and dinner has a limited buffet selection,but does everybody want a full cooked English breakfast on holiday? Some of the wine selections in the evening are really quite good.
I would also concur that we never saw the internal bar /lounge open, but I suspect this was from it's heyday when coach tours used to come, as evidenced by the huge car park at the rear. This is not a big hotel, with hundreds of people staying, after all it only has 48 suites.
It probably won't suit people who want to go to the gym everyday,( it's 37C outside, just chill Bill) or have their hair done, although there are massage tables, but need to be booked in advance.
This hotel is not really suited to people with walking difficulties,as there are a lot of steps.
So, there are some limitations, as there are with every Hotel, so what are it's strengths?
Well, we like guaranteed sun, and you can pretty much rely on that across Corfu, so I would say that the pool is a big plus,which we found to be clean, and can't remember when there were more than ten people in it at any one time. Plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas for everyone, and a pool bar for most cold drinks and ice creams.Bar snacks are available for those faddy breakfast eaters, Club Sandwiches, Salads, Pizza , and chips deep fried in the native oil, delicious.
If you don't like their ( rather repetitve) music, take your favourite CD's and they will gladly play them all day long.
Location and close proximity to the airport, without much air traffic noise. Rooms are spacious, great balconies and sea views from all. No coffee making facilities in the room, but a fridge,hairdryer,and bath/shower,with towels and linen changed daily. Limited TV channels, but is that what you are going for?
Benitses town is 20 minutes down the road, offering bars and eateries for those who are faddy dinner eaters.
We found George ,the Hotel Manager and all of his team both courteous and helpful. There is always someone on reception, who will go out of their way to make your stay and visit to the Island a good one.
We enjoyed it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For a perfect holiday with all the comforts choose your own suite in the most beautiful setting with magnificent sea views. The landscaped setting and feeling of privacy offers an atmosphere of relaxation that you can only find in "COSTA BLU." All our suites are spacious with their own verandas and sea view, over looking the gardens and facing the Greek Mainland. Besides the luxurious suites and wonderful sea view the Costa Blu Hotel offers plenty of facilities to make your holiday, one to remember. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Costa Blu Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Blu Hotel Benitses
- Costa Blu Hotel And Suites
- Ionian Hotel Corfu
- Costa Blu Hotel & Suites Corfu, Ionian Islands