“Very frendly, great for this price”

Bella Vista Hotel & Studios
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Benitses
Ogre, Latvia
“Very frendly, great for this price”
Reviewed 24 November 2007

Hello!
We were in this hotel for 3 nightsin September 2007. I would like to recommend this hotel for visitors ready for frendly, small hotel, with nice owners. Rooms are small, in different colours, with small bathrooms, there are TV and fridges in the rooms. Hotel is located 30 m from main (biggest) Benitses street, the beaches starts 200 m from hotel, crossing the street. Breakfest is usual, simple, but something new every morning. Y can reach this hotel from Corfu town by local bus (ticket costs 1.10 eur). And remember - Y can not expect more from 2stars hotel!!

• Liked — Frendly owners
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kukainis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Athens
Reviewed 5 September 2007

I agree with the rest of the reviews that the staff were really friendly, honest and helpful. However, the recent renovation seemed to be restricted to a paint over and a few decorations. The floors are covered with old plastic, the walls had visible cracks and the bathroom hadn't seen any renovation at all or if it had it didn't show, and it had a bad odour. Overall, an average hotel, saddled with the usual problems that old properties have, that I would not heartily recommend.

• Stayed August 2007
4 Thank keivi
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2007

I stayed at the Bella Vista hotel in July 2007 for a week with my girlfriend. From the moment we arrived we were greeted with friendly faces.

Anthea who runs the hotel is very friendly and, having lived in England for a number of years, speaks excellent English. All the staff at reception are multilingual and speak very good English.

The staff at the hotel spent time with us to teach us some basic greek phrases and answer our questions about restaurant and entertainment recommendations.

The rooms were very comfortable and clean and the air conditioning excellent. The rooms were cleaned and towels changed every day.

One of the best things about the hotel, beside the amazingly helpful and friendly staff is the breakfast - there were so many nice things to choose from!

I'm glad we stayed with Anthea and the rest of the staff at Bella Vista

I've never stayed anywhere else where the staff have been so helpful and friendly and I've stayed at many hotels throughout the world.

I booked through expedia and then, before travelling to Corfu, found the Bella Vista Hotel website. It is very useful to visit to find out about Benitses and things to do in Benitses and in the rest of Corfu. Also, I found it very useful in finding the hotel on arrival (we hired a car from the airport and so needed to drive to the hotel from the airport)

• Liked — Friendly staff service, great breakfast and cleanliness
  • Disliked — I can't think!
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank AlexisA
Washington, DC
Reviewed 19 June 2007

Bella Vista Hotel in Benitses, Corfu is one of the best kept secrets of the Ionian. With attention to detail, cleanliness, and a knowledgable and friendly staff, Bella Vista feels like home in no time at all. The small fishing village Benitses is an excellent location in Corfu because you're removed from the hustle and bustle of Corfu town, but still only a short bus ride away from the center. Furthermore, you can plan day trips to different locations across the island and the public bus stops to pick you up right outside the hotel. The hotel itself is literally 12 meters from the beach. The breakfast each morning is delightful and delicious. I don't think I'd change anything, if I could The hotel is absolutely cozy and cute, and I miss it already! Thank you Bella Vista for your extraordinary service!

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
4 Thank elinat
Norwich, England
Reviewed 5 October 2006

I have recently returned from a two week holiday at the Bella Vista in Corfu with my partner. We had an absolutely fantastic time and are very sad to be home :(

The Room: Our room was lovely. It was clean and tidy and had a balcony with a view of the sea. However, the highlight for me was the fact that you could see the mountains from the bathroom window as you were showering! Towels were changes roughly every other day which was fine. The only thing I would change would be to change to shower mat every day as they did seem to get soaked.

The Breakfast: Standard fare in the main - toast, tea, cereal etc. But also there would be something traditional to Corfu each day - Greek yogurt (YUM!), Cream pie (thankfully not every day or I would have put on more than the 4lb that I did), and other yummy cakes.

The Atmosphere: This is what made the hotel excellent in my opinion. Anthea (the owner/ manager) was virtually always available either at reception or mingling at breakfast. She was always (mega) cheerful and extremely helpful. It was obvious that she really wanted your holiday to be a success. If you were going out to visit an attraction or place she was always full of tips on what to see/ eat/ do. All the other staff were also lovely but Anthea was the one that you tended to see the most.

The Area: Originally the lack of pool bothered me - but then we went in the sea. It was fairly warm and crystal clear. You could see little fish swimming around you. Even if the Bella Vista had had a pool I wouldn't have used it once I discovered how lovely the sea was. Eating out was great, I recommend "Chicken George" and "Big Bite" as they were extremely well priced (80 cents for a BIG glass of wine and 6 euros for a massive swordfish steak).

The only slight grumble was that virtually everything came with chips - this seemed like a big plus to begin with but did get a bit samey (but you'll be pleased to know that I coped!) Not a lot of night life (which was one reason why we chose to go there as we didn't want loads of drunken wallys around) but there were a couple of late bars and clubs if you did want to go out. We tended to take a LONG time over dinner and have wine after; as the two restaurants mentioned were both actually on the beach and so the view was beautiful.

All in all a brilliant and relaxing holiday!

• Liked — Very friendly atmosphere
  • Disliked — Would have prefered all towels to be changed daily especially bath mat
  • Tips/Secrets — Chicken George and Big Bite Restaurants
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
10 Thank JessinNorfolk
Queensbury, New York
Reviewed 18 July 2006

I recently stayed at bella Vista with my wife and daughter. This is afamily ownrd hotel with excellent, personable service. You are made to feel at home and all the staff were very friendly. The ambience is great and everything was clean. Yes the showers are very small so don't expect that to be anice tub where you can manouver around .My thanks and compliments to the staff.

• Stayed July 2006
2 Thank Badri2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benitses
MarBella Corfu Hotel
Corfu Holiday Palace
Corfu Mare Boutique Hotel
Corfu Mare Boutique Hotel
#3 of 11 in Corfu Town

Been to Bella Vista Hotel & Studios? Share your experiences!