“OUTSTANDING”
Review of Alexis Apartments

Alexis Apartments
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Benitses
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I stayed at the Alexis Apartments last week and had an amazing time. The apartment was basic, but clean and tidy, the cleaners were in every day and done a brill job. The entertainment in the night was great bingo, music quiz lots of drinking lol, the staff and owners were so very friendly. So close to shops restaurants bars and clubs. And beach was very close too, I would love to go back there. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank Betty_Boop70Wales

Reviewed 7 December 2011

I stayed in the Alexis apartments in Sidari for a week in september. The apartment was basic, self catering, comfortable enough. The only thing I would complain about is that the cleaner didn't change the bed clothes everyday. The pool bar was brilliant! The owner, george and the barman Renild were very hospitable and friendly. We went to the pool bar every night because we just had so much fun with them! You can get food in the pool bar however I would recommend a restaurant called Calypso which is on the main strip, their food is amazing and great value too. Overall it is very cheap to eat and drink and the night life is good too. The Alexis apartments are a five minute walk from the main strip and beach, an excellent location in the heart of Sidari.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
12  Thank Cheriek69
Reviewed 7 October 2011

OK where do I begin. I have read the various reports and have to say our stay was not too bad. Myself and my girlfriends stayed here in Sept 2011. We were apparently in the new block and were pleasantly surprised at the size of the apartments. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment. each bedroom had 2 single beds and balcony. big bedrooms and big kitchen/dining area. TV in bedroom and air con (which was badly needed) in the bedrooms. However the bathroom is appalling. The shower curtain does not go to the floor and you drown everything in the bathroom. There is a hole in the middle of the floor and the suds come back up this hole. Showering is not a nice experience as the curtain sticks to you too and the shower tray is very small. Question? how long do you actually spend in your apartment on holidays, ANSWER: not very much time. Therefore it really is not too bad. The bar is great and there is a manager there called George with his assistant, a nice guy from Albania (couldnt pronounce his name when there never mind now we are back). George was very helpful in directions and is very knowledgeable about the island. Well worth sitting at the bar with him to get the idea on good restaurants, clubs, beaches etc. The location is actually one street away from the main street and across a large car park. No noise but great location, very handy to the strip of restaurants and you will be spoilt for choice. The food in Corfu is actually very good with a great choice of menu and it is cost effective. You can get full English breakfast from Euro 2.50 to Euro 4.0. The salads are really fresh and the local food is excellent. The cleaners did come in every day, made the beds, swept out the apartment and emptied the bins. However the towels were only changed once in the week so we asked the cleaner and she brought some fresh ones for us. (If you are nice to them, they are nice to you) There is a note on the door that they only provide toilet roll on arrival and you buy it after that. Supermarket is 100 meters from front door and has everything. The sewerage system in Corfu is not good. I think that the pipes date back to the ancient greek times. With the serious cashflow in mainland Greece I am assured that the systems will not be changing in the near future. Hence if you have to buy toilet rolls yourself, you might use less in the loos (joking, but the tour operators should insist that tourists are given the basics in the apartments). NOW to the absolutely horrific part of our holiday (THE MOSQUITOS). They are 2mm in size with a 20mm bite. Greece has no money and is not spraying anymore against the mosquito’s and they are in swarms. Be prepared with every bit of ammo you can bring. There were people going for injections and to doctors and the bills were in excess of Euro 250 for at least 4 people staying in our complex. People are being absolutely mauled by them. My cousin had 75 bites on her lower legs. My friend had over 60 bites across her back and shoulders. We all got bitten many times. We found a rollerball type of repellent which was a short term remedy. We carried these around with us. We were told that garlic would keep them away, that didn’t work but we didn’t eat it raw. Some say rub garlic into your skin to avoid being bitten but we didn’t as we did want some Greek action.... We were told that ouzo would keep them away, that didn’t work. We tried plug in’s, sprays, burners, etc. Nothing works with them at all and the more bites you get the more you get bitten. It is absolutely horrific and I saw many people with swollen ankles from bites everyone was complaining. I have been on the Greek Islands about 40 times in different places over the past 20 years and this was the worst I have ever experienced. They say that white clothes are a deterrent. They say that the female mosquito (who does the biting) does not like oil. They are at their worst at dawn and dusk. If you read down this far then the biggest advice I can give you is to read up on them before you go to Greece or they will definitely ruin your holiday. Otherwise the other advice is “same again please” or in greek (toeidio parakalow) not actual spelling. Have a good one!

Room Tip: Ask for room in new block as I believe the old block are not good at all
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
12  Thank AlpineDublin
Reviewed 1 October 2011

We booked this holiday online through Falcon Holidays and have just returned yesterday 30.9.11. Thank god we are home. We have had many Falcon Holidays that have been superb and were amazed at them using this venue as a suggestion for a holiday. We stayed for one week, never ate in the apartment because of the lack of utensils and hygiene standards were well below par. Shame on Falcon and we are more than surprised. One bad experience leaves its mark, hardly a good marketing tool!

The bathroom as described in other reviews was filthy and the shower curtain stuck to you no matter which way your turned. There was a constant foul smell in the bathroom. The bed sheets were grim and the curtain barley hung on the rail.

All in all, well below standard and I wont be able to rate this hotel at even at one. Our advice like other travelers in the reviews, don't stay there.

7  Thank joan_keegan
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We stayed at the Alexis apartments for a week in Mid September. One the First night there my partner and I along with a number of fellow holidy makers in neighbouring apartments got destroyed by Bed Bugs, just like another previous review described. Bathroom was tiny, the shower curtain stuck to you, the drain in the floor of the bathroom was always blocked and even backed up once.When it rained the roof in the bathroom leaked. There was more of an atmosphere at the local graveyard than the pool bar / snack area. The bed bugs leave a red raw rash all over your body. The holiday may seem like value espically the accomendation but you will end up paying a fortune in medical bills.

Do not even consider this apartment complex. The are plenty of other good places to stay in the locality. I spoke to at least 10 other people in the complex that had been eaten by bed bugs.

Room Tip: Do not even consider this apartment complex, plenty of other good places to stay in the locality.
6  Thank Unhappy Hols M
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Waited at least a half hour on arrival as room was being "cleaned", entered room to smell of wet dog and dirty feet coupled with a damp floor and stained bed sheets. First nights stay outside pool bar blared rave music until 2 in the morning, there was noone at the bar but the owners!! We made our rep aware of this the next morning and it slightly improved but we were treated rudely by the staff all week because of this. I woke up after the second night with an angry red itchy rash all on one side of my body, including my face, the side I had slept on!! we extremely politely asked the staff(who could not be found at reception but at the pool bar) to change the sheets and we were told"Guests only get one set of sheets per week", when we then demanded the sheets be changed they were replaced with equally dirty ones and you could see sunscreen stains, dust and lots of HAIR on the sheets! The bathroom was small with little room to move and a poor shower, this i expected and didnt really mind as this was a cheap holiday but cleanliness is a must, immediate pool area is clean, but as you walk from room to pool there is cracked pavements, an obstacle course of bin bags, grass growing through the cracks and dirty drains, Do not make the same mistakes we did, we dismissed some of the reports on this as just plain moaney people, i am a horseman and am well used to roughing it on trips away but this was an absolute disgrace, my back is sorer then when i left because of the beds... i am now on an expensive course of steroids and antibiotics to tackle the itchy rash covering my right side of my body, ruined a hard earned first holiday for this young couple!

Room Tip: do not stay here
4  Thank Young-Holidayer
Reviewed 9 September 2011

omg where do i start first of all that women that has decribed alexis as a donkey shed needs 2 go spec savers !!!! secondly you need 2 go 2 butlins for bingo love and thirdly how dare you slat the owners and the staff they couldnt be better hosts to me and my family and other people that were clearly having fun in the bar !!!! MUST BE JUST YOU

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family