“No faults with this hotel”

Coral Beach Hotel & Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Peyia
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I cannot fault this hotel. We stayed all inclusive with two small children. Food was fantastic and catered for everyone. The Cypriot village evening on a Thursday is incredible. Snacks available all day, and local beer and wine was pretty decent. The sea is crystal clear, the resort is safe and staff super friendly. The Framissima team provided entertainment for everyone, even the grownups. They were brilliant. I would definitely recommend and may well return.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are superb
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Njohnston1275
There are newer reviews for Coral Beach Hotel & Resort

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Have stayed many times at this resort and am incredibly happy with our stay. Wonderful facilities, helpful staff and beautiful views. The food is delicious and the Cypriot Village Night that the hotel put on every week is well worth a visit! We now know many of the staff very well and all are incredibly friendly! Animation team are brilliant and they do cater for everyone - it doesn't matter if you don't speak French as the animators talk in many languages. Activities (which are not always in the main pool area) are advertised but there is no requirement to participate. All aspects of this hotel are wonderful and we will definitely return!

4  Thank Sophie R
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed for 2 weeks and we had booked "all inclusive" in my eyes it wasn't all inclusive as anything we asked for was met with the response "you need to pay extra for that" which was ridiculous considering how much we had spent when booking. There was an influx of mountain troops when we were staying, a bit off putting for woman when a group of loud troops are sitting round the pool. The hotel is overrun with RUDE Russians and French... We had money stolen from our room on 2 occasions amounting to 30 euros..... When we spoke to the manager they advised that "the cleaners maybe thought it was a tip" since when do people take tips out if guests purses?!!!! Stupidly I left mine out on 2 occasions during the day, needless to say we got no help or the money returned.
Don't stay here... I'm sure there's better hotels in Paphos!

• Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank kay652
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Our daughter was married at the hotel. I am pleased to say everything was great.

The wedding was organised by Tara and she ran it all perfectly.

The hotel setting is great but really nice when set up for a wedding.

Food. Amazing. .. truly excellent all our guests were highly complimentary. No shortage of food in fact more than we could eat.

We took the All inclusive drinks package which worked out well.. non of our guests had any issues with the AI pack and range of drinks. Its true premium spirits were not included but it was a fair choice.

Special thanks to John our waiter.

Rooms... had a beach suite for a couple of nights.. really spacious and great views.
The hotel is not ultra modern and plastic.. it has chatacter, thats why we liked it.

Wifi... works around the hotel but not perfect coverage.

So great choice for a wedding. . We have no regrets.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank FinsFamily
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Our first impression of the hotel was that it was very pretty and well laid out. Christine Jones, the customer relations manager shows all newcomers round, which is a nice touch. The room was basic and could do with an update for the 5 star rating and there was only one plug which was frustrating as there were three of us in one room. I would recommend taking an multi plug adaptor. Free Wifi was a plus.
The food was fine, a little repetitive but there was the option for a pizza restaurant (rather doughy pizzas) or a discounted meal in other restaurants. That brings me to the fact that this is not All Inclusive in the sense that I understand it from staying in other hotels around the world. We were asked to wear a plastic band to indicate our status but then could only order certain drinks from a minimal all inclusive drinks menu. Even the slushies by the pool had to be paid for which I thought was an unnecessary economy on the part of the hotel. Alcoholic drinks were not very nice and had too much cheap alcohol in them.
The staff around the pool and in the lobby were fantastic. We had a lovely English girl who served our drinks in the lobby and the waiting staff were very efficient and friendly. Unfortunately, if you are used to a lively Animation Team, then this is not the hotel for you. The Animators were supplied by a French company and were all French. Suffice it to say that they paid attention mostly to the French guests. Their attempt at 'aerobics' in the pool was daft and the evening entertainment was poor. In the lobby there was an evening piano or a violin player. All very pleasant but there was no dancing, disco, energy about the hotel at all in the evenings and I found it rather boring. There was a so called nightclub but it was a nightclub in name only as the live band was terrible and nobody ever seemed to get up and dance. When music was played, it was accompanied by youtube 'blooper' videos which people sat and watched in a catatonic state.
The location is lovely, if a little remote. We hired a car and went North into the hills and to Paphos harbour.
During our stay of 10 days, we all noticed that on different consecutive days, our waterproof mascara and an eyeliner went missing from our room. Very odd, but we put it down to either our kicking them under a bed (which we had a good look under) or possibly our cleaner taking them. We didn't say anything to the hotel staff as it seemed a little petty for such small items, although in retrospect, I wish that I had. On our last night, I started packing at around 11.30 and when it came to packing my shoes, I found that my lovely Kurt Geiger shoes were missing. I unpacked, got my daughter to come and check that I was correct, packed and unpacked again but we could not find them. I went to the lobby and spoke to the Front of House Manager, George who was sympathetic and asked me to speak to the Hotel Manager at noon checkout the next day. When I checked out, I asked for the manager who saw me, but took at least ten minutes to come and speak to me, although he appeared to be doing nothing. I was asked to relay again what had happened and was then told that someone had looked into our room that morning (actually they woke us up) and that there were things on the floor. This comment was rude and bore no relevance to the situation, but then the Manager was very rude and smirked, looked bored and eventually asked me what I wanted to do about it. Not a professional attitude to take with a guest and I said I would wait until 5 when the other manager's shift started and speak to him. At 5 I was greeted by the Manager, Christine Jones and the lovely lady from First Choice who I was glad to see. I then had to go through the whole story again and was told by Christine that the cleaning lady had been with them for 20 years. Actually, I had already met the cleaners and there were two of them and one was certainly too young for 20 years service. I had also tipped them at the beginning of the stay as my daughters are a bit messy (galling, in retrospect). Christine kept asking me what I wanted to do... again... and eventually suggested that they could call the police at which point I said yes. Police were there already, I filed a report and am still waiting for my email copy of this so that I can let my travel insurance company know, if I have the energy after all that. I know, it's a pair of shoes and some makeup, but the fact is that someone stole from our room which has never happened to us before and the hotel manager was rude, instead of sympathetic. I never got a sorry from anyone. I expect that they were glad to see the back of me and I was very glad to leave.
All in all, not a 5* hotel and not truly All Inclusive. For all the reasons mentioned and the price, I would recommend staying elsewhere.

Room Tip: A sea view is preferrable to looking out over the road.
9  Thank girlsw
Eirini P, Director of Sales at Coral Beach Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear girlsw,

We thank you for taking the trouble of writing your report and will endeavour to address the points that you raise. Firstly, we're glad that the tour by Christine Jones, guest relations manager, was of benefit. We feel that this is an important exercise as it saves new arrivals a great deal of time as they're acquainted with the hotel and its facilities from the word go. Thank you too for your positive comment about the food and for mentioning the friendly members of staff. All too often their efforts aren't recognized or appreciated.

We note your observation about the plug and that it would be advisable for guests to take an adaptor. This would certainly be useful if they needed to have several electrical appliances on the go all at the same time. As regards to your comment about our all inclusive package, this is as comprehensive as other hotels, if not more so. Furthermore, all inclusive guests are given a welcome pack which, among other things, clearly sets out the comprehensive range of what's included. On the question of alcoholic drinks, this is subjective as we all have different tastes and preferences. The same applies to the type of entertainment on offer, this again being a question of personal choice as no establishment can necessarily cater for the needs and preferences of everyone.

We now come to your allegation concerning the waterproof mascara, eyeliner and Kurt Geiger shoes. The first two items apparently went missing at the very beginning of your holiday and you're absolutely correct that perhaps you should have reported the loss straightaway and, as you put it, "in retrospect I wish that I had". The hotel was therefore unable to assist in locating the items or indeed investigating the matter further. We also acknowledge your candour describing your daughter as being "messy". As for your shoes, you only discovered their loss whilst you were packing to return home.
During your meeting to discuss this matter with Christine Jones and Jill of First Choice a couple of hours before you departed from the hotel, you said that someone from housekeeping must have stolen the items. After your repeated insistence that the hotel's staff were implicated, Christine said that the procedure is for the police to be called and she asked you whether that was the course of action you wished to take. You agreed and the police were contacted and you gave them a statement.

Regarding the attitude of one of the managers, we can only apologize unreservedly if, in your opinion, he appeared to be unhelpful. The hotel assures you that it certainly was not "glad to see the back of you" and would be delighted to have the opportunity of welcoming you back at any time in the future.

Kind regards,
Group Sales & Marketing Team

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed for 1 week from the 23rd of July.. family of 5 ..can't believe some of the negative comments have been reading,where in the UK could you have Bed.Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner,Snacks and all your drinks for £68.00 per day per person ..with a swimming pool and a French and Pasta Pizza restaurant at no extra cost ...including swimming pools,sun beds and towels and your own private beach ..."if anyone knows please pass on the resort" ...perhaps you could,nt get wi-fi in the sea? ..have nothing but admiration for the Hotel and all of it's staff...who cares what nationalities are their anyway we are all foreign in Cyprus ...so thanks again to all staff at the Coral Beach Hotel ...

8  Thank fivealive5
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Our family of four stayed at this resort for 7 nights in July. Lots of Russians staying at this resort, and also lots of French. The activity staff were all French, and most activities were conducted in French, English and maybe Greek.

The food was actually pretty good, although not very creative. It seemed as if the buffet often had the same choices, every day, over and over. Dessert was the weakest part, here and I don't think I had a single dessert that I liked very well. Drinks were okay as long as you stick to beer, wine and champagne. Carlsberg on draft, I think, and the wines were pretty good too. The mixed drinks were terrible and all tasted the same (like sprite with vodka and grenadine - I'm serious - every mixed drink tasted like this!) unless you wanted to purchase a premium drink (for example mojitos and sangria were in the premium category.) I did really dislike that not everything was included in the all-inclusive plan, and I do not think I will stay at a resort again that excludes foods and/or beverages from the all-inclusive plan.

The pool area was quite nice, and so was the private beach. Our children quite enjoyed the waterslide pool, but note that the slides are open only two hours in the morning, and only one hour after lunch. The grounds were nicely landscaped, but there were some areas that needed repair and updating or fresh paint. Disappointing in a "5 star" environment.

The activity directors were only average. Our daughter did use the kids' club one day, and very much enjoyed her activities in there. But many of the activities for tween aged kids took place in the direct heat away from the pool. And there were no fun and silly "cocktail" games by the pool like we have experienced at other resorts. We did not attend any of the evening entertainment activities so I can't really comment on the quality of that.

The rooms were just okay. The bathrooms were in pretty poor shape for a "5 star" resort, especially the tub and the peeling and stained caulking around the tub. Cheap plastic shower curtains. Poor lighting. Clear see through glass on the WC door! Absolutely nowhere to hang towels. No outlet in the bathroom to plug in a curling iron or hair dryer, and no hair dryers supplied in the room at all. We stayed in a garden sea view room, and I would not recommend this room. The grass outside our patio was overgrown and bushy when we arrived and was never trimmed the entire 7 days we were there! It was like walking through a jungle if we wanted to us that as our "private access to the beach" as it was advertised. Also, for some reason the night we checked in, our bed were made up with only a thin sheet! No comforters or blankets or anything anywhere in the room. When we woke up the next morning we were all shivering under our thin sheets, and it took over 30 minutes for housekeeping to deliver blankets. What the hell else were they doing at 7 am? Also the beds were like hard boards, so if you like a really firm bed you'll be happy, but I was pretty miserable.

And the hotel advertises free wifi in all areas. I am here to tell you that there is NO WIFI in the garden sea view rooms at this hotel. None. Every now and then we could get a faint signal on our patio, but if we really wanted to use wifi, we needed to head to the lobby or the lounge area. It did occasionally work by the pool, depending on where you sat, but not very strongly.

We did enjoy the pool and everyone played and relaxed and ate and drank to our hearts content, which is what we wanted.

Would I stay here again? No.
Would I recommend this hotel? Probably not.

5  Thank Wendy K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peyia
The King Jason Paphos
Almyra Hotel
Almyra Hotel
#16 of 85 in Paphos
Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel

Been to Coral Beach Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!