“Just really great ”

The Old Cinema Tavern - Grill House
Ranked #15 of 77 Restaurants in Peyia
Description: The old cinema is a traditional tavern that serve a variety of traditional cyprus food and meze in a very beautiful environment. Also we have 10% discount on take away!
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

We had lunch with tens of small dishes (mazets) with tasty local flavours, very cheap, great local beer, personal service and a nice view, very clean toilets, recomended!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 3 November 2018

Fabulous food and service! amazing value, go here for a real Cypriot experience, the food is all freshly cooked so yes you do have to wait for it to be cooked lol! We have been here several times and always are welcomed by the lovely Georgia and Jade and George cooked us the most amazing liver and onions it was so tender and the chicken kebab really succulent and tasty. As for the meze, WOW for 10 euros it is ridiculously good value . the Green beans are fabulous and the kebabs and sheftalia delicious. Keep up the good work guys see you soon!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

first time here! small space, warm environment. very nice food. good prices! very polite staff! I will surely return here again!

Reviewed 27 October 2018

Have eaten here many times over the last 2 years or so, but afraid we will not be going again any time soon. Only 2 of us, so a very simple order. We had booked for 8pm. Ok, restaurant was busy, what do they expect on a Saturday night? what we didn’t realise that almost every table was taken and they were all waiting for their food. And we all waited and waited. Was starting to wonder if kitchen staff had walked out. As someone else said, pitta and dips are included with the meal, so why not serve them ahead of the main course. At almost 9.10 pm, we said that if our food didn’t arrive within 5 minutes, we were leaving. Food arrived, nothing special. Waitresses apologetic, but that really didn’t make much difference. Paid our bill and left, won’t be back.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

I waited 40 minutes for lamb chops, when they came they were so overcooked, and hardly any meat on them. The meat was so tough that I couldn't get through them with a knife so had to pick them up with my fingers. During the 40 minute wait I was offered nothing at all although when the meal did come there was also a basket of pitta bread and tzatziki that arrived with the meal. Why couldn't the pitta and tzatziki be brought during my 40 minute wait, at least I would have had something to nibble on whilst waiting.

There were only two other tables in the restaurant so not very busy but they did receive pitta bread and tzatziki soon after their drinks arrived. Why could that have not happened with me.

I've been twice before to this restaurant but it will be a long time before I go back and certainly won't order lamb chops again.