“Much More than a Beach Restaurant!”
Review of Le Pain de Sucre

Le Pain de Sucre
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Lumio
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Falls Church, Virginia
“Much More than a Beach Restaurant!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Last summer in August, me and my wife had several lunches and a memorable dinner party with local friends at this restaurant, overlooking Ste Restitude, one of loveliest coves in the Calvi bay area. The cuisine is exquisite, with ultra fresh and nicely cooked fish and seafood in particular; not to talk about outstanding deserts (and I am not especially a sweet tooth!) We were staying in the village of Lumio, same jurisdiction as this beach restaurant. The matter of the fact is that almost each time we went to that beach bringing sandwiches and stuff with the intention of having a picnic, we could not resist and ended-up having lunch at the restaurant... Service may be slow at times and all the waitresses not necessarily "nice". But there are more important criteria to judge a restaurant's personnel: one day I inadvertently dropped my wallet my way back from the restaurant to our beach spot. In the evening, I realized that I had lost my wallet and I rushed to the beach restaurant where we had lunch, with little hope that I could get it back. The restaurant's cook had found it on the boardwalk and left it at at my disposal on the front desk. There was about 80 Euros in cash in it, my driver's license, three credit cards, etc. In other words, this loss could have ruined my vacation. The front desk staff gave my wallet back to me with a smile. Everything inside had been untouched. I took it back with a deep sigh of relief... You can imagine that I was extremely grateful to them, to the cook in particular that was rewarded with a well deserved tip, Not only he is a great cook, but he is also a very honest person. We celebrated this recovery on following day at Le Pain de Sucre, "comme il se doit", with a three course lunch with Corsican Rosé. A recommended address, definitely!

• Visited August 2013

Dublin. Ireland
“A diners delight before the afternoon dip!”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This is a hidden gem. We accessed this beach / restaurant by train which dropped us off at a siding! The restaurant was a mere 50 meters away and less from the lapping waves. The aromas coming from the restaurant were very inviting. We samples Tempur Gambas and the Calamari seafood cocktail. The presentation and the dressings were beautiful. All were washed down by a very tasty bottle of the local Rose. We rested awhile on the sands, themselves cooled by a mild sea breeze, before the refreshing swim. Three hours we were again picked up at the siding band returned to Calvi central. Wonderful experience, indulgent and heavenly.

• Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“a great day at the beach”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

pretty restaurant on a small sanded beach and turquoise water. Very good dishes, great service. Sun beds can be rented separately but there's also space for people to bring their own parasol, etc. A wonderful day under the sun! will definitely go back

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank oumanota
Seattle, WA
“Our favorite on Corsica”
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Amazing location, out of the way but worth finding. You look across the bay towards Calvi. Excellent dinner and the rose wine was fantastic (which was one of the things I loved about Corsica). Service was a little slow, but we weren't in a hurry. We were there a little late in the season and I don't think they were operating with a full staff. It has a very "beachy" fun atmosphere....beautiful spot!

Visited September 2012
Hampshire
“What a place to watch the sun set!”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Often visit St. Restitude's wonderful beach but had only ever eaten at Pain de Sucre a couple of times before, at lunch time. Wonderful evening meal, watching the sun go down. Good food, good wine, good service, price not bad, spectacular view! NB if you go on a midsummer's evening as we did, take your sunglasses and suncream as there's little shade at the restaurant

• Visited June 2012