“Friendly staff, reasonably priced food and prompt service”

The Bickford Arms Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 18 Restaurants in Holsworthy
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My daughter and I ate here after being warned off another local pub and I really wasn't sure what to expect. When we arrived, there was only one other family eating and three or four local men drinking at the bar and I feared the worst. However, we received a warm welcome from the young lady behind the bar who explained that we could sit where we liked and showed us the menus. The food on offer was traditionally pub food, but it was well cooked, tasted good and was well presented with only a short wait - but not short enough to suggest it had been reheated in a microwave! My daughter was happy with her proper sausage and mash and my choice of scampi was a good one, with the accompanying coleslaw being particularly tasty. We didn't have pudding, as our main courses were so filling, but the desserts on offer sounded very tempting. The pub itself was clean and tidy. It may not look much from the outside, but I would eat here again. There aren't many pubs where a Mum and her young daughter can feel comfortable having an evening meal, and for making us feel at home, I thank them.

There are newer reviews for The Bickford Arms Restaurant

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our new local on moving and the meals we have had so far have all been superb, and they sell Rattler cider. The service is always great ,with a smile and the portions are wonderful. The log fire in the winter is welcoming, and we are looking forward to seeing the new extension to our local.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Just visited here today for Hubby's Mums Birthday, looked at the menu, but nothing stood out, so had the Devonshire steak burger with bacon, and cheese, wedged chips and salad, really nice, because I was hungry. For pud, there was a good selection, of the usual Apple pie, Treacle tart etc, and Malteser cheesecake, we all had that, and wished we hadn't, soft squidgy base, made of well I'm not to sure, and the top was not cheesecake like, sickly sweet mousse with 3 maltesers on the side, oh dear, sevice was good.

1  Thank Spiritaflame
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I would not put this in the category of restaurant, more pub grub. That said, the food was cooked well and there is a good selection of beers and wines.

Dessert was a disappointment. Not a good selection and appear to be bough in rather than home made. I do hope this is not the case.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The owners and staff were fantastic,passionate about their business exemplified by their knowledge of their wines and beers and where all their meats came from,it wasn't cheap but good value,so cosy by the fire!