The Devon Coast Unusual sculpture park
Average
The Devon Coast
Unusual sculpture park
National Trust
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Jenny R
East Grinstead
“Terrible Customer Service”
Reviewed 5 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

Brought a relative here from abroad for my Dad's funeral. Trouble checking on due to IT issues. Had to wait half an hour and finally receptionist said they would just use my card details when problem resolved and let me know if any problems. Now I find that another relative has been charged for my room. Have been on phone on and off 3 hours this morning about the refund: staff rude, inefficient and refuse to apologise or take any responsibility for the error. Diamond Resorts Customer service said (literally) "It's not our fault - problems happen." I have explained it's not just one "problem" or "mistake" but a series of them, and the advisor said. "Well we're not responsible for the mistake" I explained that as I certainly wasn't, who was? She huffed a lot and said she'd get back to me. Still waiting. Completely UNPROFESSIONAL and does not reflect well on an organisation that likes to promote themselves as an upscale resort company. I would not go to a Diamond resort again.
Durrant House Hotel in Bideford MUCH BETTER and more convenient for town, countryside, beach and services.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Johnboy23...
Banbury, United Kingdom
“Out of the way spot”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

This is one of the few Diamond resort properties that comes anywhere near our expectations.
Our lodge was comfortable and clean .. reasonably well equipped not much of a view though and on a very steep hillside. We did not use the public areas this time as the biggest and best room is haunted by their sales team. The bar lacks atmosphere.
Be wary of the front door steps when its raining as I slipped on a wet upper brick step and banged my knee.
I would recommend this to others with the warning to say no to chats with the sales teams as they always go on for ever and are hard sell.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Place was comfortable
Liked least: Being Diamond Resorts you are a captive audience
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing