This is a long overdue review for wahat was a highlight stay for our trip to Andalucia in September 2010.
Casa Olea is in a great location away from it all but close enough to get back to civilisation when you need it. The room we had was large and very comfortable, clean and well furnished. Casa Olea is incredibly clean and local craftsmen have added their personal touches making it a very special place.
Tim and Claire where very welcoming and very knowledgeable about the local area. Claire's cooking was excellent and included local trout with almonds from the almond tree outside our bedroom window.
The grounds around Casa Olea are perfect for hiking and exploring, including the climbs to the look out towers on the surrounding hills and the swimming pool is perfect for cooling off after a days sightseeing.
The Casa is perfectly located for visiting Granada and Cordoba and easily accessible from Malaga.
Many thanks for a great 4 day statr to our trip, the only downside was that nowhere else we stayed in Andalucia was as good as Casa Olea!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halfway between Granada and Cordoba, ideal base for day trips to the Alhambra and Mezquita. Great for olive groves, mountains, walking, home cooking, relaxing, wildlife and nature. Charming Andalucian cortijo (farmhouse) with indulgent touches: under-floor heating, a/c, super-king beds, Egyptian cotton bedding, pool, bikes for hire. Home-cooked evening meals using locally-sourced, fresh, seasonal ingredients. Good selection of Spanish wines. Strong green credentials: 100% of heating/hot water from biomass boiler & solar panels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Casa Olea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Olea Hotel Priego De Cordoba
- Casa Olea Spain/Priego De Cordoba, Province Of Cordoba