My husband and I spent an idyllic 6 nights at Casa Olea and really couldn’t have asked for a better experience except for being so sad to leave. This was our 1st trip to Spain and I suppose we took a bit of a gamble opting use Casa Olea as a home base for the majority of our time, but it turned out to be the perfect choice. During the day, we explored Granada, Cordoba, Priego de Cordoba and the beautiful towns and villages of the Subbetica region of Andalusia. After a day of sight seeing it was wonderful to return to Casa Olea for a swim, one of Tim’s special cocktails and a four star dinner prepared by Claire. And eating outside overlooking olive groves and Moorish watch towers was more than icing on the cake – it was an entire other cake! Tim and Claire are the perfect hosts. They really care about their guests and were always available with advice or directions, but never intrusive. Ruby the dog is also a charming hostess and nature guide.
As for the property itself, the setting is gorgeous and feels extremely remote even though there are major roads not too far away with easy access to Cordoba, Granada etc. Our room had spectacular views from both windows and a very comfortable King sized bed. The bath was also quite nice. We heard a nightingale calling (something I’d never heard before!) more than one night and owls as well.
If you want a beautifully balanced experience in Spain – leisure and culture – do not hesitate to book here. We were very jealous of the UK and EU visitors, because Casa Olea is so accessible for them, sadly a longer trip from the US, but well worth it! Thank you, Claire and Tim - worthy of 6 stars!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halfway between Granada and Cordoba, ideal base for day trips to the Alhambra and Mezquita. Great for olive groves, mountains, walking, home cooking, relaxing, wildlife and nature. Charming Andalucian cortijo (farmhouse) with indulgent touches: under-floor heating, a/c, super-king beds, Egyptian cotton bedding, pool, bikes for hire. Home-cooked evening meals using locally-sourced, fresh, seasonal ingredients. Good selection of Spanish wines. Strong green credentials: 100% of heating/hot water from biomass boiler & solar panels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Casa Olea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Olea Hotel Priego De Cordoba
- Casa Olea Spain/Priego De Cordoba, Province Of Cordoba